1 advantage of Islam in India

suraj

Atleast married lovers can unite:congrats::congrats: CHANDIGARH: Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan, who mysteriously disappeared from public view over a month ago, was on Sunday sacked from the post amid reports that he has married a woman and both converted to Islam. Mohan, elder son of former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, has been removed as Deputy Chief Minister by Governor A R Kidwai on the advice of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, official sources said here. "He has been removed (as Deputy CM) as he had been absent from his office since past some time," the sources said. Mohan went missing from public view over a month ago and was not seen either in the state party headquarter here or in his parent's residence in Hissar. He had not attended the cabinet meetings held in the past few days. His removal has come shortly after media reports that he had converted to Islam and married a woman, who was a former Deputy Advocate General in Punjab. The woman has also reportedly converted to Islam. Mohan's whereabouts were not known even to his close aides, his staff in the office of Deputy Chief Minister and at his residence in Panchkula near here. He had not been attending his office here for the past over two weeks. His younger brother Kuldeep Bishnoi had recently told reporters that his brother was fine and he had talked to him over phone some time back. Mohan, who is already married and has two children, surfaced on Sunday with a woman. They told a private news channel that they embraced Islam and entered into wedlock recently. The girl, Anuradha, told the channel that the two had been meeting since past five years. She has become Fiza while Mohan has changed his name to Chand Mohammad. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Haryana_Deputy_CM_Chander_Mohan_sacked/articleshow/3805241.cms

This obsession with Muslims and Islam in every other thread is becoming sickening. The story is about the Deputy CM being sacked because he cannot be found for a few days and has not reported to office but trust the right wing nutters to spin some Muslim angle to it.
So you are saying it is not a fact that he converted to Islam to have a second wife?? Look I don't give a **** about Islam or Hinduism or Christanity; to me if all temples are abolished in India I won't lose a wink so don't try to be a dimwit and paint me as some right wing Hindu fanatics. The fact is that because of stupid policies we have created a loophole in our country where rules are different based on choice/conversion of religion; if you think about it this brings religion into state affairs more than anything else. How can we separate our legislation from bias when before deciding on a case the judge has to know what religion is the defendant accused of and based on the religion- they are pronounced guilty or non-guilty. This is reality and if you want every one to keep silent about reality then build a coccoon and stay inside it rather than start accusing other people of right wing crap and all.

So you are saying it is not a fact that he converted to Islam to have a second wife??
Yes it is a fact but it's also a fact that it happens routinely......the deputy CM of a state absconding and being fired is certainly much bigger news than a Hindu converting to Islam so he could marry again, but guess what's being highlighted by you.

Yes it is a fact but it's also a fact that it happens routinely......the deputy CM of a state absconding and being fired is certainly much bigger news than a Hindu converting to Islam so he could marry again' date=' but guess what's being highlighted by you.[/quote'] That is your personal POV- Deputy CM not showing to work is a case of individual not taking responsibility and being a useless politician, the loophole and bias blatantly displayed in the legal system and government is a cancer for the whole society that should be unacceptable & affects our whole nation. To me the second one is the bigger problem and if folks like you are even unwilling to discuss it then I don;t know how we will ever get rid of it. My direct question to you is that do you think this is correct practice- that citizens of one country are allowed to do different things based on the fact that they practice Islam or some other religion vs. not?

To me the second one is the bigger problem and if folks like you are even unwilling to discuss it then I don;t know how we will ever get rid of it. My direct question to you is that do you think this is correct practice- that citizens of one country are allowed to do different things based on the fact that they practice Islam or some other religion vs. not?
Uniform civil code and Muslim personal law has been discussed N number of times on the forum already but yeah to answer your question I am a supporter of a uniform civil code and I haven't found many educated people who oppose the idea. The whole idea of different laws based on religion is nothing but vote bank politics.

This obsession with Muslims and Islam in every other thread is becoming sickening. The story is about the Deputy CM being sacked because he cannot be found for a few days and has not reported to office but trust the right wing nutters to spin some Muslim angle to it.
Khuda ke waaste purdah na Kaabe se utha zaalim kahin aisa na ho yehan bhi sanam kaafir nikale. Sickening? Yep. Surprising? No. Many Indians have their sense of life linked directly to Islam bashing.

Khuda ke waaste purdah na Kaabe se utha zaalim kahin aisa na ho yehan bhi sanam kaafir nikale. Sickening? Yep. Surprising? No. Many Indians have their sense of life linked directly to Islam bashing.
Another nonsense comment so Islam allows more than 1 marriage, our stupid politicians include this provision into developing legislation and divide citizens based on religion and I should not mention Islam when discussing this- miyan ankh ke andhen nahin par dimag ke toh ho tum. Start a thread on something similar for Hinduism and I would be doing the same thing so keep "your sense of life" comments to yourself if you have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion. I don;t care what religion allows what- there are stupidities in every one of them. What I do care is about creating differences among citizens of one country based on religion because of appeasement and vote bank.

Uniform civil code and Muslim personal law has been discussed N number of times on the forum already but yeah to answer your question I am a supporter of a uniform civil code and I haven't found many educated people who oppose the idea. The whole idea of different laws based on religion is nothing but vote bank politics.
Exactly!!

Guest dada_rocks

BTW reminds me of one of the million new relatives I have got through my own marriage.. Let us jusy say one old gentleman on my wife`s side is filthy rich.. these days he is in live-in relationship with a muslim lfirl hardl in her 20`s and works in nearby bank where the oldman has his account.. It was love at first withdrawal I guess.:haha: sala tharki buddha has grandson of age of marriage but still can`t control his libido

BTW reminds me of one of the million new relatives I have got through my own marriage.. Let us jusy say one old gentleman on my wife`s side is filthy rich.. these days he is in live-in relationship with a muslim lfirl hardl in her 20`s and works in nearby bank where the oldman has his account.. It was love at first withdrawal I guess.:haha: sala tharki buddha has grandson of age of marriage but still can`t control his libido
agar woh UK mein hai, toh bach ke rahe, Fundamentalist Islami logo se. agar woh saudi arabia mein hai, toh bach ke rahe. warna ungliya kaati jaayengi unki. agar woh pakistan mein hai, toh bach ke rahe, warna al qayeda avum lashkar e toiba mein bharti kara di jayegi unki. agar woh India mein hai, toh sab sahi hai.

That is more likely the case. You and your PC bretren have major issues when it comes to accepting reality. When you come across uncomforrtable facts you fortify your ivory tower some more. Classic symptons of cognitive dissonance. FYI this is not the first guy who did this. IIRC film actor Dharmendra has done it too.
What a weird comment? And then you will have the galls to say how PC brigade hurls insults when you keep doing the same. By the way what does it say about your fellow Hindus, including Dharmendra, that they are easy to chug away their own birth religion and embrace another?? Wonder why you never mention a word about that and instead have a go at Islam for this!