The overpassionate Indian Cricket Fan

Pratab Ramachand puts it in right words: No grey area for him. Its' either black or white. Either he lifts the cricketers to the heavens and displays slogans like ?Cricket is religion, Sachin is god? or he debases them and brings them down to the dust. The overzealous Indian cricket follower knows no half measures and that?s the pity of it all. He can?t be dispassionate, can?t take the two imposters called triumph and disaster in his stride and will not agree that cricket is just a game. The media whips up mass hysteria and fed on this the cricket fan indulges in acts that show him in poor light. While such violent incidents cannot be condoned it must also be added that raising the cricketers to the level of demigods is most unwelcome. When will restraint, self control and discipline be seen among the fans?

Re: The overpassionate Indian Cricket Fan Rubbish. Same level of passion all over world in other sports , in fact much more crazy. Look at yesterday and spurs fan running and throwing punch at chelsea player. That happned in so called civilised London. Time to crush this myth of fanatcial indian fans. Never see indian players being attacked just lots of barking not biting. Also sick of this myth of cricket being like a religion in India. Every time I go to India no one seems to want to talk about cricket apart from me. You go to most rural areas and they really dont give a cr#p

Re: The overpassionate Indian Cricket Fan

Rubbish. Same level of passion all over world in other sports , in fact much more crazy. Look at yesterday and spurs fan running and throwing punch at chelsea player. That happned in so called civilised London. Time to crush this myth of fanatcial indian fans. Never see indian players being attacked just lots of barking not biting. Also sick of this myth of cricket being like a religion in India. Every time I go to India no one seems to want to talk about cricket apart from me. You go to most rural areas and they really dont give a cr#p
DSR, When few from the one billion population react that is counted at a higher rate than one guy who ran over the ground or the guy who punched. You want to see cricket as a religion in India. Turn on the TV and watch some news channel for an hour you'll see coverage and analysis from one mouth to the other. How long will it take to grow over this immature way of reacting when India wins or loses. Its getting idiotic and worse each time....

Re: The overpassionate Indian Cricket Fan You look at england in a football WC. The country grinds to a standstill. Every house and car has the england flag. They truly do treat it like a religion as they have no religion. We do have religion and so do not treat cricket like a religion. I am going to india next week and guarantee it will be nothing like england during footie wc. I was their in last WC and I seemed to be only one who gave a cr#p about the indian games

Re: The overpassionate Indian Cricket Fan

Rubbish. Same level of passion all over world in other sports , in fact much more crazy. Look at yesterday and spurs fan running and throwing punch at chelsea player. That happned in so called civilised London. Time to crush this myth of fanatcial indian fans. Never see indian players being attacked just lots of barking not biting. Also sick of this myth of cricket being like a religion in India. Every time I go to India no one seems to want to talk about cricket apart from me. You go to most rural areas and they really dont give a cr#p
DSR, When few from the one billion population react that is counted at a higher rate than one guy who ran over the ground or the guy who punched. You want to see cricket as a religion in India. Turn on the TV and watch some news channel for an hour you'll see coverage and analysis from one mouth to the other. How long will it take to grow over this immature way of reacting when India wins or loses. Its getting idiotic and worse each time....
You have no idea about football do you head coach! You have not seen the coverage in football WC. 24/7 it is on. Football violence, death threats etc etc. You simply have no clue