Harbhajan is now Officially Unbowlable

Mr. Wicket

who is the alternate for Harbhajan? I dont see him getting dropped from the test squad. He chips in with valuable contributions with bat which have been very crucial for the team over the last 18 months.yes, he could have been better today. but when we sympathize with the batsmen losing their form and having a lean patch, we come down like a ton of bricks when the bowlers have off days.even Warne, Murali,Kumble,Mushtaq,Qadir had bad tests. by the way, i am not aware of the best off spinners going around in domestic scene. may be chandan could help us. who is the best offie in the domestic scene? a few years back Kulamani Parida was getting bagful of wickets. Ashwin of TN is a decent spinner suitable for one dayers but not much to write home about in terms of 4 day match hauls.

I dont see him getting dropped from the test squad. He chips in with valuable contributions with bat which have been very crucial for the team over the last 18 months.yes, he could have been better today. but when we sympathize with the batsmen losing their form and having a lean patch, we come down like a ton of bricks when the bowlers have off days.even Warne, Murali,Kumble,Mushtaq,Qadir had bad tests. by the way, i am not aware of the best off spinners going around in domestic scene. may be chandan could help us. who is the best offie in the domestic scene? a few years back Kulamani Parida was getting bagful of wickets. Ashwin of TN is a decent spinner suitable for one dayers but not much to write home about in terms of 4 day match hauls.
its not about dropping him.but he has bowling crap on too many occasions.today he didnt even get his offies to turn,wen wetour abroad he can certainly be dropped if we play one spinner.thats not good signs for lead spinner.he has gotta take the responsibility. yes hes batting well.perhaps thats the reason for his dip in bowling.remember irfan?he too concentrated on batting n lost his bowling completely

I think the problem is more technical than tempermental. His seam position for the offbreak doesnt seem right and its quite a bit different from what I saw in the Ind v Saf series. Saying that he doesnt flight the ball enough is quite unfair because for a spin bowler, you cant forcefully lob the ball the air a bit slower without screwing up your rythm or accuracy. Harbhajan is a wierd bowler. He's known for his amazing pie chucking abilities (in every sense of the word) and suddenly the next match he comes up with a 10-fer. Look at the first and second tests in Sri Lanka. As for offspinners in domestic cricket, you cant find a better like-for-like replacement than Monish Parmar. Chucker to chucker.

I think the problem is more technical than tempermental. His seam position for the offbreak doesnt seem right and its quite a bit different from what I saw in the Ind v Saf series. Saying that he doesnt flight the ball enough is quite unfair because for a spin bowler, you cant forcefully lob the ball the air a bit slower without screwing up your rythm or accuracy. Harbhajan is a wierd bowler. He's known for his amazing pie chucking abilities (in every sense of the word) and suddenly the next match he comes up with a 10-fer. Look at the first and second tests in Sri Lanka. As for offspinners in domestic cricket, you cant find a better like-for-like replacement than Monish Parmar. Chucker to chucker.
there was an interview by Atherton after the play ended today. he was telling that he was not happy with his bowling. he felt there may be a problem with the seam positioning or flight.he was candid enough to confess that he bowled better against australia than in this series. he realises that he is not doing enough for the team. hope he gets some advice and the coach helps him out with the observations based on video anlysis. By the way, that parmar guy will be 'no balled' in the first over for chucking. he bowls like murali according to press.this is the problem if ICC allows 15 degree Bullsh!t.

i think harbhajan has some trouble being the top dog as far as the spinning department is concerned.he was the 2nd fiddle for kumble for so long and he could could do his thing and people would not expect too much from him.now its different-his every spell is magnified and dissected.i hope for bhajji's sake that he comes out of his funk because his place is not guaranteed at all like kumble's was. there are some some good young bowlers at his heels and we know the new selectors will drop him if this continues.

Unless the surface is powdery or the opponents are the Aussies (solely for the mental edge), there is little value in playing Harbhajan. The bad news is that there arent too many spinners ready to push for Bhajji's spot. As much as is being said about Mishra, am not sure I see too much in him to get excited. We are stuck with this turd for a while.

Unless the surface is powdery or the opponents are the Aussies (solely for the mental edge), there is little value in playing Harbhajan. The bad news is that there arent too many spinners ready to push for Bhajji's spot. As much as is being said about Mishra, am not sure I see too much in him to get excited. We are stuck with this turd for a while.
murali kartik is quite good.we look into the aura of bhajji too much
and he bowls wide outside off to a strong leg-side field. Brilliant bowling.
Much improved today compared to yesterday's awful display with the ball. But why couldn't he give the ball some air and really take on the batsmen yesterday, instead of firing in darts and only bowling in an aggressive manner once the tail came in?