IPL Transfers

Sachinism

I am not over excited by this fella Dhawan coming to Mumbai but it would be treat to see amits jaw drop on this
Why not ? He is a good hitter and MI could certainly use him as an opener (when chasing a big target along with Jaya....SRT 1 down). I think it is a pretty good deal for MI. OH! Good luck delhi :hysterical:

Mumbai seriously needed some substance in the middle order which is why this is such a good buy. Delhi will probably have McGrath and the left tooth of God Nehra open the bowling now' date=' with Asif rotting is some jail.[/quote'] This probably won't help Delhi much. asifvz8.jpg But how much more useful might Agent Nehra be?

sad news. delhi should have never put up shikhar dhawan from trade. only thing can be that dhawan should now take some tips from tendulkar & break into the indian team. but i still hope dhawan does well in the ipl, even if its for mumbai

sad news. delhi should have never put up shikhar dhawan from trade. only thing can be that dhawan should now take some tips from tendulkar & break into the indian team. but i still hope dhawan does well in the ipl' date= even if its for mumbai
:dance::two_thumbs_up::hatsoff:@mit$

sad news. delhi should have never put up shikhar dhawan from trade. only thing can be that dhawan should now take some tips from tendulkar & break into the indian team. but i still hope dhawan does well in the ipl' date=' even if its for mumbai[/quote'] Whom will you support in Mumbai vs Delhi match? will you hope that Dhawan scores a century but Mumbai lose?

sad news. delhi should have never put up shikhar dhawan from trade. only thing can be that dhawan should now take some tips from tendulkar & break into the indian team. but i still hope dhawan does well in the ipl' date=' even if its for mumbai[/quote'] badle badle mizaaj nazar aa rahe hain :haha:

uthappa heads back home this is great-we really need some hard hitting batsmen. http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090122/jsp/sports/story_10424869.jsp Zaheer swapped for Uthappa OUR CORRESPONDENT Mumbai: India’s pace spearhead Zaheer Khan will play for Mumbai Indians in the second edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) after the city franchise swapped him for Robin Uthappa. The pacer had played for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the first edition of the tournament. Uthappa, who hails from Bangalore, was part of Mukesh Ambani’s Mumbai Indians and Zaheer had played for the Vijay Mallya-owned franchise last year. “We have done two swaps — one Uthappa for Zaheer and the other is Ashish Nehra. Nehra, who played for us last season, will move to Delhi DareDevils in exchange for Shikhar Dhawan. There is no cash involved since it is a straight, clear swap,†a source in the Mumbai Indians told The Telegraph on Wednesday. The official trading window of the IPL closes on Thursday and the list of transfers are expected to be released a day later. Left-arm pacer Zaheer was in terrific form for the Mumbai state side in the Ranji Trophy. He picked up seven for 54 in the final and broke the back of Uttar Pradesh in the first innings. His arrival will surely strengthen the IPL side’s bowling, as they would be without Shaun Pollock in the upcoming season. South African great Pollock played a key role for the side last year but has announced that he would not return for the 2009 edition. Meanwhile, Zaheer said that he preferred playing matches to practice sessions. “For me, what is more important is match fitness. I prefer playing matches to practice sessions. I have done a lot of bowling recently, the rhythm is good,†Zaheer told reporters at a promotional event. The juggling of itineraries in the wake of the November 26 terror strikes would not affect his performance in the forthcoming tours of Sri Lanka and New Zealand, Zaheer said. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has hastily arranged a short visit to Sri Lanka (for five ODI and a T20) to fill the gap in calendar that emerged following the cancellation of the tour of Pakistan.A Test match has also been added to the NZ tour. The 15-man Indian squad would depart for Sri Lanka on January 26. Zaheer, unlike some of his teammates, was part of the Mumbai squad (for the semi-final and final) which won the Ranji Trophy for the 38th time last week. The left-arm pacer said it would be too early to think about the challenges of visiting New Zealand — for two T20s, five ODIs and three Tests between February 25 and April 7. “Our focus is on the Sri Lanka tour at the moment but I think wherever you go, the pitches are all 22 yards long,†Zaheer said. “It’s about personal preparation. The weather conditions there will be different but we have played a lot of cricket in a variety of conditions.â€

Take it and GO!!! BRC are really headed by some numbnuts. Zak probably in best form of his life and they take Uthappa :hysterical:

Mumbai team now Surya Sachin Dhawan/Rahane/Saurabh Tiwary Bravo Ronchi Nayar Pollock/Loots Bosman/ Dwayne Smith Zak Malinga/Nel/Fernando Kulkarni Bhajji
Watch out everyone Mumbai are coming that looks a serious side, but its still early, you can have the best team on paper, but you still have to perform how much longer can surya perform, how will sachin approach T20, he'll probably want to bat through and let the others hit

^^no you dont-pollock is not coming back.bowling is a weak point if you ask me.
Look at the bowlers we have Surya Nayar Bravo(Do you remember his slower balls?) Nel(One of the top bowlers in SA domestic T20) Kulkarni Malinga Bhajji Zak Now, assume Surya, Bravo, and Nayar will play as allrounders Zak and Bhajji will play all games Kulkarni will too, because of the under 22 minimum We have a spot for malinga, as a bowler too. Thats 7 decent bowlers, to say the least. In a team... Heres what a team would look like Sachin Surya Rahane Ronchi Dhawan Bravo Nayar Zak Bhajji Kulkarni Malinga