'The story of India' on PBS

sandeep

Guest dada_rocks

but they are still stuck on philology based thoeyr of aryana invasion need to update it with genomics basd data which negates aryan invasion.. otherwise it's good.. hopefully it educates few pakistanis too .. PS: I do feel sad that taxila harapa our sheet of civilisation is off limits for us now..

fantastic pictures in HD. the photography was excellent, and nobody can romanticize the idea of India like the british can -- these asiatic society types are big boost to the indian ego. i think the videos are available on youtube, but it should be watched in HD to do it justice. d_r, I thought that the genetic data was also controversial? As far as I know there is no clear evidence either way -- but the battle lines are drawn on political basis.

Guest dada_rocks
fantastic pictures in HD. the photography was excellent, and nobody can romanticize the idea of India like the british can -- these asiatic society types are big boost to the indian ego. i think the videos are available on youtube, but it should be watched in HD to do it justice. d_r, I thought that the genetic data was also controversial? As far as I know there is no clear evidence either way -- but the battle lines are drawn on political basis.
Genetic data showed one thign if at all there was any migration towards IUdia it was from africa in the beginning and later on miogration took place from India not into india.. Point is this dats is much more credibel than bunch of philopgist cooking up theoiry based on common link of words like ashva horse.. I know intertia of these linguist and then the ego of how could our years of analysis be wrong will fight any other theory but as far as logic goes genetics are more credible than philology. I say at least put these facts out in open while spewing aryan invasion for the sake of completion of information available on the topic. BTW what makes me laugh is people weaving stories of persecution of local people by aryan .. I mean how do you come up wiht thsi ***** when the theory itself is based on the dodgy philology..

Guest dada_rocks

Paki history starts lilke this.. there was a hindu king dahir who persecuted his own people .. muhd bin qasi came to rescue them.. little these mofos know that governor of Iraq sent three mass -murderers in three differect direction at the same time to expand islamic influence ordained by muhd and his fantassies One of the mass murderd came to Sindh his name was Muhd BiN Qasim Another mass-murderer went tpo spain his name was Bin Zayed Third mass murderer went to Mongolia/China his name was Qutubba bin muslim First two mass-murderers were successful in their mission third one too was going great guns t but some tragedy happened and his master called him back to Iraq.. IN course of time Spnish people purged their land from this abomination wre indians could not.. some part of thsoe indians got converted and are today singing hosanns or the same mass-murdere who butchered their ancestors..

yesterday i just happened to watch this show on TV(don't remember which channel it was). It was all about the IVC, battle with Greeks, Buddha and the Mauryan Empire. It was a good watch. They showed clips from Colin Farrell's Alexander and SRK's Asoka to explain the battles.:blink:

I guess the worst claim of the Arabs is the enormous credit theyve taken for stuff that isnt theirs. I debated this first hand with a bunch of ra.heads and Paks over Brahmagupta's treatises on quadrilaterals. Its as if Hindu, specifically Sanskritic texts didnt exist and these Muslim 'scholars' just chanced upon astronomical, mathematical and scientific advancements which incidentally flowered after 720ad not before. Anyways long story short, the Goras are now more poised to take an Indian's word over an Ayrabs ever since we're economically rollicking along and 'part of the Near West'. In years past many have told me of the disdain the same academic community showed towards our illustrious ancestors achievements. Remember this knowledge was handed down both in texts AND through oral tradition, which in itself is remarkable.

Guest dada_rocks
I guess the worst claim of the Arabs is the enormous credit theyve taken for stuff that isnt theirs. I debated this first hand with a bunch of ra.heads and Paks over Brahmagupta's treatises on quadrilaterals. Its as if Hindu, specifically Sanskritic texts didnt exist and these Muslim 'scholars' just chanced upon astronomical, mathematical and scientific advancements which incidentally flowered after 720ad not before. Anyways long story short, the Goras are now more poised to take an Indian's word over an Ayrabs ever since we're economically rollicking along and 'part of the Near West'. In years past many have told me of the disdain the same academic community showed towards our illustrious ancestors achievements. Remember this knowledge was handed down both in texts AND through oral tradition, which in itself is remarkable.
Those socaleld muslim scholas theselves accepted the hindu indian science though.. there is a whole book written by one of the most famed arab mathematician named Hindu mathematics.... And yes there is nothing arabic about arabic numerals

Guest dada_rocks
yesterday i just happened to watch this show on TV(don't remember which channel it was). It was all about the IVC, battle with Greeks, Buddha and the Mauryan Empire. It was a good watch. They showed clips from Colin Farrell's Alexander and SRK's Asoka to explain the battles.:blink:
Got to give it Michael Wood comes of so enthusiastic about these subjects.. You can see glow in his eyes while he is recounting these stories

:haha: