Frankly this SL team is making me nervous!

Re: Frankly this SL team is making me nervous! Not at all, Roy 'saab ! SL are India's whipping boys - always have been and always will be. They came to India in the fall of '05 ranked the 2nd best team in the World, having vanquished all before them. They would leave with their hands in their faces; shocked after the Indian batting machine steamrolled them over a 7 match series. Galvanised by some confident performances in NZ and ENG, they would return to the den a month before the start of the WC - confident that they would notch up a series victory and gain a much-needed morale booster. After reaching a high in the aftermath of the first match which they won by a nose's length; they would come crashing down to reality as India whipped them into submission in the subsequent matches to win the series 2-1. Vaas, Muralitharan, Malinga, Maharoof, Fernando and whoever else there may be - all have been subjected to the most excruciating punishment of their careers at the hands of of the Indian batting machine. The psychological hegemony created by Asian giants India over their small-time minnows will be the biggest factor, and one which can never be underestimated - the form of the two respective sides notwithstanding. For everytime Jayasuriya may be flogging it to all corners; the moment he sees Agarkar - his mind becomes clouded with doubt. Everytime Vaas and Murali step up to the Indian batting machine they immediately know they will need to produce a super-human effort to obstruct the inevitable brutality which will be inflicted by Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh and the D-Man. The memories of the two crushing series defeats will be evoked once again on Friday as India unleash their full force of will on these hapless islanders. 26th of MAY 1999 - IND win by 151 runs 10th of MARCH 2003 - IND win by 183 runs 23rd of MARCH 2007 - IND win by 2xx runs ? Ownage. Brought to you by the Indian cricket team.

Re: Frankly this SL team is making me nervous!

They have been playing very well in this WC. The way they murdered the Bengal kitties....err....tigers is making me a bit nervous. We HAVE to win against the RAVANAS on Friday or the kitties go through.......... :chin: Anybody share my trepidation??
That logic does NOT work India beat Bermuda with a bvigger margin than the Lankas It means squat for a Ind v SL head to head.

Not at all, Roy 'saab ! 26th of MAY 1999 - IND win by 151 runs 10th of MARCH 2003 - IND win by 183 runs 23rd of MARCH 2007 - IND win by 2xx runs ? Ownage. Brought to you by the Indian cricket team.
Remember WC 96? India got whipped twice. Also India always plays well at home, this is WI. Jayasuriya and Malinga worries me.

Not at all, Roy 'saab ! 26th of MAY 1999 - IND win by 151 runs 10th of MARCH 2003 - IND win by 183 runs 23rd of MARCH 2007 - IND win by 2xx runs ? Ownage. Brought to you by the Indian cricket team.
Remember WC 96? India got whipped twice. Also India always plays well at home, this is WI. Jayasuriya and Malinga worries me.
'96 ? You're going too far back. The two teams were completely different back then.

1999 Away 2003 Away 2007 Away !

Re: Frankly this SL team is making me nervous! Hate to sound negative but India will struggle as they have over the year or so. I have no hopes about our lads and on the day they will be shaking in their boots despite having beaten Lanka so often. I will not be too disappointed if the result doesn't favour us. If it does then no need to say I will be over the moon. I'm already prepared for the worst.

Hate to sound negative but India will struggle as they have over the year or so. I have no hopes about our lads and on the day they will be shaking in their boots despite having beaten Lanka so often. I will not be too disappointed if the result doesn't favour us. If it does then no need to say I will be over the moon. I'm already prepared for the worst.
yep, too much pressure add to that fear about family back home, what with all the stone throwing at homes, etc :wall:

Ravi, Yoda and Dhondy all are expecting to lose.. Thats good signs guys...
I've only joined that elite list after India's loss against Bangladesh in the WC opener. Prior to that I was an eternal optimist like ya. It's kinda cool to expect the worst and come off with the best. It is a good situation to be in :hic: