Mohammed Yousuf: Overrated or just stuck with baboons?

He has had a miserable world cup and his ODI form inspite of all his test match exploits has hardly been anything worth writing home about. What do you suppose is the reason? I find it hard to believe that a classy player like him could not transform his test match form into ODI success. but spare a thought for the oppositions and the conditions under which he notched up his centuries in 2006. flat tracks at home to flatter tracks in england and the occassional flat track in west indies...

Re: Mohammed Yousuf: Overrated or just stuck with baboons? He is a good player, but nothing more... he had a great season..... so have many good batters..... jus exaggerated by the paakis..... Manjrekar/Kambli have all averaged 80+ over 10 matches or so.....

Re: Mohammed Yousuf: Overrated or just stuck with baboons?

He is a good player, but nothing more... he had a great season..... so have many good batters..... jus exaggerated by the paakis..... Manjrekar/Kambli have all averaged 80+ over 10 matches or so.....
man dont dish fate onto kambli... save for the short ball that bro could play just about anything. but in essence you might just be right... moyo might be enjoying a good season and nothing more.

Re: Mohammed Yousuf: Overrated or just stuck with baboons? Yousuf struggles outside sub continent all right. He is a good bat but not great. Every batter has one or two fantastic years and he has had it. It doesn't mean he won't have it again but I don't reckon he will have a similar run again.

Re: Mohammed Yousuf: Overrated or just stuck with baboons? I have seen enuf cricket to know those great patches that decent batters go through, before they get into their holes..... No problems with that, and I can give credit too.... But what p1ssed me beyond belief was the ummah twist to that form...... Youhana was like, wat the heck, lemme go along with that ...

Re: Mohammed Yousuf: Overrated or just stuck with baboons?

Like his captain Inzi' date=' he also fails in big tourneys and outside the subcon.[/quote'] Almost every player has holes in his record e.g Lara and Sachin couldn't score too many against the PAK attack of the 90s and also failed against the S Africans. Anyways here is Yousuf's record outside subcontinent. in Australia 6 396 111 33.00 in England 6 716 202 65.09 in New Zealand 5 488 203 69.71 in South Africa 5 261 83 26.10 in West Indies* 3 279 115 69.75 in Zimbabwe+ 4 407 159 58.14 * The 3 test matches were against Walsh and Ambrose. + All 4 games were pre 2003 when ZIM had a half decent bowling attack.