Sunil Gavaskar Quotes -> Pearls of wisdom from the man of steel

In his latest tirade, Gavaskar says: "Gone are the days when two countries, England and Australia, had the veto power in international cricket, even though the dinosaurs may not open their eyes and see the reality: The cricketing world has found... "The reason the walk off took place was simply because I was abused by the Australians," Gavaskar said today. "Let me also come back to what he (Ponting) said about, the way I played my cricket and I do not know what he's looking at. When he... "I never called Procter a racist. People who say so have not read the piece. It's the headlines which have been ascribed to me," Gavaskar said. Gavaskar, a popular television commentator, described England and Australia as "dinosaurs, still trying to voice their prejudiced opinions in the media, and may not open their eyes and see the reality" in a syndicated column at the weekend. "The off-spinner has denied having used the word which has caused offence and in the absence of any audio recording and most crucially with both umpires not having heard it, the charge should have been dropped straight away for lack of corroborating... "If the umpires have not heard it, then what has happened to the famous Australian saying of 'what happens on the field stays on the field'," Gavaskar said on television. "In this instance if the umpires have not heard anything why is this... "I think it was totally uncalled for and it is showing the world that they are rattled," Gavaskar told a TV channel. "Millions of Indians want to know if [it] was a 'white man' taking the 'white man's' word against that of the 'brown man'," Gavaskar wrote. "Quite simply if there was no audio evidence nor did the officials hear anything then the charge did... "Kapil receiving the World Cup and lifting it over his head, that is my greatest cricketing moment," Gavaskar told reporters. "It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of it because that was the moment India showed the world it can play... "When Greg Chappell took over as coach of the Indian team, Indian cricket was poised to take the big step forward. There was optimism all around and a palpable confidence that Indian cricket would be ready to challenge Australia for the title of the... "How much sympathy he will retain after this performance remains to be seen, but the way he is getting out indicates that he is looking to commit cricketing suicide," said Gavaskar. "Unless he learns to temper his game, he will find himself... "For a team to come back after being 2-0 down in the world champions' own backyard and win on what is regarded as the fastest wicket in the world is an unbelievable achievement," Gavaskar said on television. "I have not seen anything like... Asked if Sachin Tendulkar should play only one-dayers, keeping World Cup 2007 in mind, Gavaskar said, "I don't think so". "Sachin should play in both one dayers as well as Test cricket because he has still got everything in him. In fact, I...