Ramdoss raises the right issue but for the wrong reason

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

I want all these fairness cream companies to be sued for practicing complexionism... http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Now_Ramadoss_targets_fairness_creams/articleshow/4077148.cms NEW DELHI: After smoking, alcohol and fast foods, union health minister Anbumani Ramadoss has now trained his guns on fairness creams flooding the market saying they have to provide scientific evidence of their claims. "This needs to stop. They cannot say within one week you will be white and all this...," Ramadoss said on Wednesday. The health minister said he has written a letter to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry seeking action against all such claims made by the manufacturers. "They have to have scientific evidence," he said, adding the ministry was pursuing the matter from all quarters.

I hate this guy Ramadoss. He is the biggest attention seeking ***** I have seen. The leech always draws media attention by dragging big celebrities into controversy. If SRK smokes, that's his personal life. You have no ****ing right to keep criticizing him again and again. A shameless idiot. But this issue does have some merit. However I have a feeling that he is yet again busy seeking media attention than anything else. Besides, how is he going to refute the promises? I think the fairness cream brands can prove that they do make a difference to the melanin on human skin. And yes, they can make a difference in a weeks time. Such difference may or may not be visible to the human eye. But one thing is for sure: if your original skin color is black, its not going to make it different.

U too missed the point ..my beef is with the advertisement that paints dark skin as some kind of disease ...
No, they don't paint anything. They are just selling whats in demand. And its a fact we have to live with fair skin is considered better in India. Has been that way for hundreds of years. Its not necessary bad though. In the west tan creams and machines are quite popular. Its not necessarily bad if one wants to look a bit fairer. There should not be discrimination on skin color.

If we are eating sh*t for hundreds of years' date=' it doesn't make it right to continue doing it. People are discriminated on the basis of color. It's high time, Indians learn out of that.[/quote'] The funny thing is that, we know it. And still we continue to do it. These are things that go over a long period of time. There was huge caste discrimination in India 50 years ago. It still exists in our generation, but to a lesser degree- may be because we are better educated. It will be even lesser in the next generation.

Guest dada_rocks

people's individual bias remains confined to their circle but this media beaming of nonsense makes it more wrong.. hey I am sure in souht therw would still be many takers for sthg similarly detestful to blcks.. does that mean company sud be allowed to do this nonsense ......... sometimes check needs to come from top..

Guest dada_rocks
people in india sud stop worrying abt the color' date=' then these companies will go bust automatically.[/quote'] nobody said people sud not stop sowrrying .. point here is whatcompanies need to do.. i wonder so many people ride high horses over what politician should do . ( for instanceyounever people sud stop killing each other over slightest provication all the violence who we usually ascribe to politicians wud disappear) come businessen everything is oke as long as it sells morality responisbility then shifts to people not the leaders.. why this freaking double standard..

Not to go off on a tangent, but this reminds me of a friend whose wedding was "fixed." The next day he came back with a tube of "Fair and Lovely" from the local Indian store saying he just had 3 months to look fair in his wedding pictures. Duuuuuuuuuuuddddddddde!