Indian angle?

indiatimes: Indian angle to Woolmer's death KARACHI, Mar 23: A former Pakistani Test cricketer on Friday claimed that Jamaican Police had recovered contact numbers of some South Asian players, including some Indians, from a person arrested in connection with the sensational murder of coach Bob Woolmer. The player, who was named in the match-fixing scandal that rocked international cricket in the late '90s, said on condition of anonymity that police had shortlisted six suspects in the Woolmer case. "From what my informers have told me, they have arrested one man and he had telephone numbers of some players which are now being looked into," he said. The former batsman said Woolmer's death could serve as a catalyst in finding out the truth behind match-fixing in international cricket and involvement of players, officials and umpires. Citing the case of Marlon Samuels' links with an Indian bookie, he said this was a strong indication about the presence of match-fixing racket in international cricket. "Don't forget just before the World Cup you also had a West Indian player Marlon Samuels being investigated for his links with an Indian bookmaker when he was playing in India," the player said. "Obviously, I don't want to be identified because of the people who are involved in this fixing racket, but Woolmer's death should now reveal a lot of truth if the investigations are carried out professionally and without any interference from the ICC," he said. Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif, a central figure in exposing the match-fixing scandal, said he would not like to take any names but he would be surprised if Woolmer's death did not reveal some shocking truths. "You study the circumstances and you can see something fishy is there behind Woolmer's death. I will just say that fixing in matches had not stopped as claimed by the ICC, it was still going on," he said.