Rebuilding this side...

What needs to be done to avoid a repeat of this embarassing first round exit in 2011? I personally feel that the 'Dad's army' of players, such as Ganguly and Sachin need to be replaced as early as possible, as they won't be fit to play, and their successors need to gain as much experience as possible. Dravid needs to be stripped of the captaincy. I'm still unsure as to what we should do with Sehwag...

Re: Rebuilding this side... Whether India loses or wins today this team has had its time. I suppose all the oldies in the team Rahul, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Kumble should all retire from ODI cricket. They simply aren't good enough to perform in ODIs anymore. I know Ganguly did pretty well but he isn't the same either. Perhaps they can play test cricket for another year and should retire. If they don't retire they should simply be dropped.

Re: Rebuilding this side...

What needs to be done to avoid a repeat of this embarassing first round exit in 2011?[/quote] What needs to be done is that fans like us let go of this cricket mania and pay attention to our own problems. That will make my life, and yours, better and also bring to earth these overpaid mother effing bast***s. What we need is the biggest arse in Arizona desert shoved up these "legends" backside. Enough with cricket 24*7. Yeh saale chewtiya banaate rahenge aur hum bante rahenge.

Re: Rebuilding this side...

What needs to be done is that fans like us let go of this cricket mania and pay attention to our own problems. That will make my life, and yours, better and also bring to earth these overpaid mother effing bast***s. What we need is the biggest arse in Arizona desert shoved up these "legends" backside. Enough with cricket 24*7. Yeh saale chewtiya banaate rahenge aur hum bante rahenge.
Excellent post. There is much more to life than hyping and then watching a bunch of overpaid primadonnas choke at every given opportunity.

Re: Rebuilding this side... I feel like an idiot. I have paid nearly an eighth of my monthly wage to see these losers in action live in August, and even ignored the fact that I wouldn't be spending time with my wife on our first ever wedding anniversary just to see them. I think I'll be selling those tickets on ebay...