World Test XI draft

bunny

World Test XI draft  

1. 1.

Lets have a mock draft where we select 8 World XI teams. The rules a All players who have played at least 20 test matches since 1 Jan 1990 are available. b No player can belong to 2 teams, and each team must have a player from each of the 9 test playing nations (9th being Zim and not Bang). No team can have 3 players from the same country. c We will have 8 teams, and each team will get a chance to select a player on a rotation basis, like it happens in drafts...so team 1 will select a player, then team 2, then team 3, and so on...and then reverse, i.e, team 8, team 7, ... and so on... This will go on till each of the 8 teams have 11 players...i.e., there will be 11 such rounds. d Each icf user can register for one of the teams, and only one of the teams, and select a player for the team. No user can select more than 3 players...thus each team will eventually need to have at least 4 registered users. e Whenever a selection is made the entire team should be updated, and we will keep track of which user selected which player in which round. ===== So, for example, an intermediate set of teams could be Team1 SRT (round 1, finey) Team2 Lara (round 1, gambit) at which point a user registered for Team3 can select a player... We can start this process once we have a user registered for each of the teams... People interested in playing? CURRENT TEAMS

Team1: Flower, Dravid, Flintoff, Steve Waugh, Walsh,Younis Khan, Nathan Astle ,Tilekeratne, Ntini, Stuart Clark, DJ Cullinan(punjabi_khota, predator_05)

Team2: Ponting, Houhgton, Akram, Jayawardene, I Bishop , Trescothick, Jimmy Adams,Gary Kirsten,Azharuddhin,Simon Doull, Stuart Macgill (zubin, Dirty_South)

Team3: Sangakkara, P Strang, Ambrose, Cairns, KP , Bret Lee, A B De Villiers, Saeed Anwar, Darren Gough, Damien Martyn, Ganguly         (bunny, ludhianvi)

Team4: Gilchrist, Sehwag, G Flower, Pollock, Border, Yousuf,  D Nash , Saqlain Mushtaq, Collingwood, Jerome Taylor, Samaraweera (sridev, koksmayu, shwetabh)

Team5: SRT, Mark Waugh, Waqar, Boucher, Inzamam-Ul-Haq, Kumble,Thorpe, Vettori, Jayasuriya, Gayle, HK Olonga (cartman, nospam, rahuliverpool, hassan_113)

Team6: Murali, Lara, A. Campbell, Hayden, M.Hussey,Steyn,G.Smith,Laxman, Akhtar,Mccullum, Harmisson    (Shane, avengers)

Team7: Warne, Streak, Donald, Dhoni,Chanderpaul, Kapil Dev,A.Desilva, Gooch, Clarke,S Malik,M.Richardson   (fbm,SachDan)

Team8: G.McGrath, Kallis, Crowe,Stewart,Miandad,Gambhir,Gillespie,Vaas,Fraser,R.Richardson ,Guy Whitthall (Gambit)

:hmmmm: I dont understand... :(
hmmm...the idea is that we will have at least 8 users in the beginning, each registering for one of the teams...and then we will have a draft where each of us will start adding a test player to the squad one at a time. Once a player has been added to a team, no other team can have that player....so for example only one of the teams can have SRT...it will be the one that picks him first. The strategy component of this game is that you can only pick 1 player at a time, and also that you need to pick one player from each country. So, in that sense it might be worth it to pick Shane Bond first as opposed to going for SRT because eventually each team will need to have a NZ player, and there are not too many NZ players comparable to Bond. Maybe this is still not clear enough. Once we have 8 people it will make a lot of sense... How about I go in for team 1, zubin you can choose team 2, we need 6 more...
hmmm...the idea is that we will have at least 8 users in the beginning, each registering for one of the teams...and then we will have a draft where each of us will start adding a test player to the squad one at a time. Once a player has been added to a team, no other team can have that player....so for example only one of the teams can have SRT...it will be the one that picks him first. The strategy component of this game is that you can only pick 1 player at a time, and also that you need to pick one player from each country. So, in that sense it might be worth it to pick Shane Bond first as opposed to going for SRT because eventually each team will need to have a NZ player, and there are not too many NZ players comparable to Bond. Maybe this is still not clear enough. Once we have 8 people it will make a lot of sense... How about I go in for team 1, zubin you can choose team 2, we need 6 more...
k cool... i get it now. thanks.. Im in .. Team 2
k Im in ... Team 4
I have already added u in Team 2....how about this...let punjabi be in Team 1 with Andy Flower as his selection...you can select the next guy...I will be in team 3 and will select after u...whoever comes next will join team 4 and so on... Ok so here it is Team 1 (owners punjabi kotha, ..) Andy Flower (Rd 1, punjabi kotha) Team 2 (owners zubinpepsi, ..) Team 3 (owners bunny, ..)
so after 8 teams have chosen the players.. wats then?
We will have a playoff between the teams at randomly allotted countries. Each team will have a batting strength = Sum of batting avgs of 11 players (we will take home or away avg depending on the venue) similarly bowling average = Avg of the bowling averages of the top 4 bowlers (again home or away will be taken into account) if team1 and team2 face off, then winner will be the team which has higher Batting Strength / Bowling Strength
We will have a playoff between the teams at randomly allotted countries. Each team will have a batting strength = Sum of batting avgs of 11 players (we will take home or away avg depending on the venue) similarly bowling average = Avg of the bowling averages of the top 4 bowlers (again home or away will be taken into account) if team1 and team2 face off, then winner will be the team which has higher Batting Strength / Bowling Strength
is this for tests only?? and I wanna change the player now.. since i gotto know the rules after i posted my player.. can i?
is this for tests only?? and I wanna change the player now.. since i gotto know the rules after i posted my player.. can i?
yeah sure...change the player...Yeah this is for tests only. (We can have something for ODIs and T20 later if people are interested).
only players who have played 20 test matches since the 90s are allowed. Can you select again?
Sorry dude forget the rules infact even if i had picked Don he hasnt played in all test playing nations so his bat avg wud have been NA if the venue is other than Aus, Eng, Ind, WI and SA anyways, I shall go for Gilchrist:two_thumbs_up: