..and the Oscar goes to = SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE ( 8 AWARDS )

Rajiv

phack, i am sick of seeing those third world scenes which are being shown on India in the form of documentry or Movie. frekain creating poor image of our country
I don't mind it. But the fact that annoys me is that they don't know/show that there is a whole another side to India. They adhere to their stereotypes too much and want to feel the satisfaction of their stereotypes being "true". I hate it.

phack, i am sick of seeing those third world scenes which are being shown on India in the form of documentry or Movie. frekain creating poor image of our country
' tics, movies is art, not meant for image. We would be too small to think that some images can depict the whole country, everyone knows about India out there and more importantly we know about ourselves so these images shouldnt disturb us P.S - Whatever they are showing is REAL, isn't it so isme sharam kya hain

everyone knows about India out there
I wouldn't be so sure. A good chunk of the audience in the US is still oblivious to most things outside their own borders, totally uninformed on most things going on in the outside world (heck I've had plenty of people I met thinking Hong Kong - where I lived for 4 yrs - is part of Japan and people don't speak English there) and in some cases their own state. Don't underestimate the depths that stupidity can hit.

do you even know what SMILE PINKI is about....
no i don't, but that particular scene i thought was showing bit wit of poor image of INdia. i may be wrong.
I don't mind it. But the fact that annoys me is that they don't know/show that there is a whole another side to India. They adhere to their stereotypes too much and want to feel the satisfaction of their stereotypes being "true". I hate it.
exactly... same sentiments
' tics, movies is art, not meant for image. We would be too small to think that some images can depict the whole country, everyone knows about India out there and more importantly we know about ourselves so these images shouldnt disturb us P.S - Whatever they are showing is REAL, isn't it so isme sharam kya hain
aye be gal hai, but there are millions watching whom i would want to learn a bit more about India then just knowing about Poverty

are you that insecure about your country? what do you want to make a movie about -- an ISRO scientist who falls in love with an alien on mars, which finally leads to the first manned mission to mars? Plot twist: ISRO scientist's family object to marrying the alien because she is from a different caste...and so they run away to Venus where they will never be found.

I wouldn't be so sure. A good chunk of the audience in the US is still oblivious to most things outside their own borders' date=' totally uninformed on most things going on in the outside world (heck I've had plenty of people I met thinking Hong Kong - where I lived for 4 yrs - is part of Japan and people don't speak English there) and in some cases their own state. Don't underestimate the depths that stupidity can hit.[/quote'] ...but alteast they are consistent with it, India or not.

are you that insecure about your country? what do you want to make a movie about -- an ISRO scientist who falls in love with an alien on mars' date=' which finally leads to the first manned mission to mars? Plot twist: ISRO scientist's family object to marrying the alien because she is from a different caste...and so they run away to Venus where they will never be found.[/quote'] arey what insecure man. Don't take it wrong way. I want to see these directors show the better side of India too rather then just seeing the same caste system scenes being shown and the scenes of poverty.

It is what it is...If it was wrong I agree with your sentiments. Anyway its a movie and a good one....