Postpone IPL: Chidambaram

SachDan

the logistics of providing security to all those players in 8 different cities as well as fans is mind-boggling.the government and IPL should provide air-tight secuirty to the players where a situation like that of lahore is impossible.If they cant do that then its better they cancel the whole tournamment.

No threat to IPL. Security will be tight : Modi Why is he adamant on continuing the tournament when there is no assurance from Home Ministry itself ?? More over in IPL, forces have to take care of eight teams and that's not easy considering the security to be provided for elections.

Modi: We will go forward with IPL Now he's taking on Home Ministry !!
yea he can say whatever he want.. but i dont think foriegn players wud b coming now.. and tht too after the warning given by the home ministry.. and IPL will be a big flop if the foriegn players dont come.. so Modi can go feck himself....

Modi: We will go forward with IPL Now he's taking on Home Ministry !!
He's dumb - no better than any Pakis across the border who kept insisting on inviting a team till something went wrong. IPL is going to be a perfect target - high profile event, international visibilty, lax security due to elections. Why can't he simply follow government advice and wait till the government can guarantee security?

Which is fine. If the Home Minister himself is saying that they won't be able to arrange for the required security for an event of this magnitude' date=' is a game of cricket really that important?[/quote'] Yeh its not that important, but from this more and more players will be worried about touring India as well because of our terrorist neighbours, which could even lead to cancelled tours

IPL should have know that their dates will clash with general elections. I did not see any statement from Chidambaram before the attacks and suddenly he advises to postpone it. Elections will happen only on 5 days that too scattered over the month. Most of the our election is peaceful. We just need forces in volatile areas and I am sure there won't be any problem if Home ministery can plan it out. Suddenly our home minister realizes IPL is not a good idea.

i have to be honest-The IPL will be too much of a juicy target right now for these terrorists.who knows how many have holed up in the big cities.we will be providing big targets for them.unless the government is sure to provide complete protection to all the players and facilities then i would be happy if its canceled for this year especially with it clashing with the general elections.

I don't want to watch any cricket now any where else. This is almost like Munich '72. Now, it's not just a game. It's high profile International event which can be used politically. No kind virgin would go with a terrorist who has the blood of innocent players on his hands.