Reason for being thrown out of the World cup

King

Re: Reason for being thrown out of the World cup I think the batters were miserable. I have more reasons to think the batting was one that just couldn't do well. Since the WI tour of India, it has been a rarity for the team to bat full 50 overs. Rarely do they bat 50 overs whether chasing or setting target. I think the ODIs are won by the batters while the test matches by the bowlers. India needs batters that aren't scared and can watch every ball out of the hand. Only Ganguly, Rahul Dravid and Yuvraj Singh from the current team can only be retained. Perhaps Ganguly and Dravid may even want to call off their ODI career. There is no point hanging around if they are not going to be able to play the next world cup. Even if a whole sale changes are made in the batting department, India cannot do any badly given their achievement in ODIs. It will not be easy this phase as India will lose left, right and center still but lest it won't be guys like Tendulkar, Ganguly, Rahul and the rest under performing.

Re: Reason for being thrown out of the World cup Mostly in Indian conditions Zooter. Make no mistake batting can look too good when you bat on a pitch that doesn't have anything in it for the bowlers. India has done badly barring the Paksitan series when they had to play away from the pitches that was gold for batters.

Re: Reason for being thrown out of the World cup No way. We were totally undercooked coming into the WC. Go back to Salil's post about SL finalizing their 15 players 6-8 months before the WC, and we did it based on the last couple of matches. SHYTE preparation -- chappel, dravid, management, senior players they all dropped the ball.

Re: Reason for being thrown out of the World cup indian batting stars failed miserably... 1. Sehwag seems to be fine now....he needed one big knock...but his confidence will be down now.... 2. Sachin....total disaster... 3. Ganguly....a joke... left his brain in his room... 4. Dravid...tried to put up a fight..but had no guts to last ..and lost hope.. 5. Dhoni - a bad series for him... i know he can do better than this it was a lesson for him 6. Yuvi - Lone fighter...but luck was not with him.. Culprits - Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, Sehwag, Dhoni

Re: Reason for being thrown out of the World cup Selectors, Coach, and the senior players. I always believed that Indian selection commitee was a joke. Selecting Uttapha, Making Kumble 12th man, and honestly its time that Harbhajan makes way for Powar. Harbhajan is becoming more and more predictable and more and more useless.