Thunder!

Mr. Wicket

p.s. It has been so looooooonnnnngggg since I have heard Tom Petty maaannnn..."Learning to Fly" really flipped me out.. :two_thumbs_up:
Yup... Tom Petty rocks - one of the most underappreciated guys out there IMO. 2hVKG9wFelk Meanwhile, another classic from the master.

Yup... his style's so incredibly relaxed and laid back that it almost seems effortless. Amazing to see the difference between most guitarists who'll belt out a solo at high intensity and concentration... and someone like Knopfler who'll just be standing there relaxed, picking through something like Sultans of Swing or Telegraph Road and leaving your head spinning. The man is as complete a musician as I've ever seen... effortless, brilliant guitar playing, tremendous songwriting, solid vocals and such versatility (have you heard some of his country, bluegrass or Celtic-rock influenced solo stuff, cochise?)... not to mention his consistency over 3 decades! eAZkycnUpSw&feature=related Just an amazing solo here that ends Speedway at Nazareth... :adore:

Just more rambling on Knopfler... but a couple of days ago I had my ipod on shuffle while driving. Over the course of 45 minutes it flipped through three versions of Sultans of Swing - one an older live performance from Rotterdam in '78 when his style was a little more intense and fast-paced, the '85 San Antonio one I sent you (with that explosive sax/guitar finish) and a more laid back, calmer version from his '05 Shangri-La tour. All equally mindblowing - and each very different. Takes a real artist to replicate a song like that with such versatility... so that one can listen to a few renditions and still enjoy it.

Re. the San Antonio piece I just referenced... a quick google search found this - the closing 4 minutes (words fail to describe this) of sax and guitar together. GmEQ_chnT9E (Of course you and Graphic already have the whole mp3 of that...:D)

I don't see how you're being biased. Sultans of Swing is an all time favourite of mine (and pretty much any other classic rock/Dire Straits fan I know) for that reason. Such an awesome song performed by a real master who can put a unique twist on each rendition of it. Meanwhile I think I need to throw 'On Every Street' into my CD player... :--D

KSndn8E5FRY New live version, interesting only for Metallica-heads given they've almost never played this song. Then again it's fairly clear why... after what Cliff Burton did with that guitar NOBODY could come close. That live version's nice to listen to... but nothing even close to the real deal with Burton tearing up that bass. Cliff Burton = Jesus with a bass guitar. ZbUJilAbPQA