Thunder!

Mr. Wicket

Sorry bro...I got to get it just right...sometimes it's hard to find it on the net....you know what I mean. The links above are hurried....not vintage...
no dude i was talking to graphics..........the videos even if they are not the ones you intend to post are nevertheless still magical. That's the power of Pink Floyd.:two_thumbs_up:

Thank you Nikred....it's been a long time since I have listened to it. Isn't Bach the master of all western classical composers? He had a rival in Beethoven.
My dad has a huge collection of western classical music. Growing as kid I heard lots of Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and many other artists. I don't really have one favorite over another but there are some pieces that I will always cherish Bach's Air is one of them. Here is another one by Liszt. g20IziNMq2U

One of my favourite songs...and it doesn't take the mastery of piano that Franz Liszt had... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck]YouTube - Moonlight Sonata[/ame] It's not a great version...try guitar: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS8eVFq1ZdU]YouTube - Moonlight Sonata[/ame] and the closest to classical I could find on the tube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DNxR9r_mzA]YouTube - Beethoven Moonlight Sonata[/ame]

Isn't Bach the master of all western classical composers? He had a rival in Beethoven.
Debatable; I'd consider some of Mozart's works to be equally comparable. Have you heard his 41st Symphony, particularly the Solti conducted recordings of the finale? And while Wagner was stylistically very different and certainly nowhere as consistent as those three, I consider some of Wagner's very best stuff to be up there with Beethoven and Bach's. But I'm biased; the overture to Der Fliegende Hollander is one of my very favourite pieces of music.

Wagner! Yes indeed! But nowhere near Bach and Beethoven...by my estimation...he was so grand...not sublime.
Yup. But he could pull off 'grand' like nobody else. The Flying Dutchman, some of Lohengrin and certain bits of the Ring cycle are truly amazing pieces to listen to. Not as calm as Bach, not as seamlessly written and sublime as Mozart or Beethoven, but still genius. (Of course, there's a lot he composed that I'm not as fond of)

BTW; one of the greatest live performances I've ever witnessed was the Chicago Symphony Orchestra performing the overture to the Flying Dutchman. No vocals/opera; just a performance from the orchestra that would make anyone sit up and go "holy ****". (Unfortunately I think some of Wagner's work suffers from too much overplaying... the Ride of the Valkyries is an amazing piece but the number of movies/other situations where it's used out of context as background music seems to have hurt the reputation of that piece. The same for Rossini's Barber of Seville overture...)