Ricky Ponting Vs Tendulkar

Ranvir

Do you think Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than Tendulkar? He has a higher batting average and is always scoring runs freely these days. He can bat well under pressure and destroy any attack on any type of pitch. He always performs when he needs to and has won a number of matches for Australia. If he was Indian then he would get far more attention and recognition. I can't remember Tendulkar's batting ever winning India a test match.

Re: Ricky Ponting Vs Tendulkar Yes I did follow Indian cricket in the 90's, I'm 23. I remember that match against Pakistan in 1999 where he scored that century but then got out, subsequently India lost. He has rarely won India a test match by himself.

Re: Ricky Ponting Vs Tendulkar

Do you think Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than Tendulkar? He has a higher batting average and is always scoring runs freely these days. He can bat well under pressure and destroy any attack on any type of pitch. He always performs when he needs to and has won a number of matches for Australia. If he was Indian then he would get far more attention and recognition. I can't remember Tendulkar's batting ever winning India a test match.
Ponting gets too much attention because he's Australian. SRT at his best vs Ponting at his best is a no contest. The Tendulkar of Mid-90's to 2003ish was just in a different league..only Lara can be compared to him. Ponting is nowhere near as good as either of them.

Re: Ricky Ponting Vs Tendulkar some Indians underate ponting alot.. ponting average proved that hez better in test then Tendulkar... @ this moment Tendulkar, if stats are compared, then sachin remains better then ponting... but surely if we exclude stats, punter is the one who always perform when team needs him, rather then Tendulkar..

Cricketics/Ranvir Have you seen Tendulkar battin from 1992-2002 ?
so u want to live in history? we all know what he did for Indian cricket, he was basically the Dravid of 90z for us, the team used to depend on him.... but now hez not even performing like that.. we are talking about present...

Cricketics/Ranvir Have you seen Tendulkar battin from 1992-2002 ?
so u want to live in history? we all know what he did for Indian cricket, he was basically the Dravid of 90z for us, the team used to depend on him.... but now hez not even performing like that.. we are talking about present...
Present OK. Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than Don Bradman :shrug: