The Indian Elections Thread

The Outsider

The Indian Elections Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP/NDA
    • Congress/UPA
    • Third Front
    • Undecided

This whole Varun Gandhi episode could end up hurting BJP badly.. The EC has recommended that BJP not put forward him as their candidate for the Pillibit constituency and for now, the BJP is holding out. Poor BJP, they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, if they do remove Varun as a contestant, that is akin to the tacit acknowledgement of his role in the entire episode and a big shame for the party for nominating him in the first place. If they don’t, it gives the opposition enough ammo to shout about how BJP is a communal force.. But ultimately, BJP will have to give way and dump Varun, because of the nature of his comments. Or, if the case filed by EC stands and he is proven guilty, he is automatically disqualified anyway. As far as the Cong. goes, things have been steadily unraveling for it. In UP, the Samajwadi party has dumped it as alliance partner, while in Bihar, old foes Lalu and Paswan have joined hands to marginalized the Cong. in the UPA alliance there, forcing cong. to unilaterally announce that it is contesting 37 of the 40 seats there. So, right now, all gloves are off in Bihar between Lalu and Congress. Meanwhile, in AP, the Telangana Rashtriya Samithi has also dumped cong. as an alliance partner. Generally, a good sign of things to come before the elections is the rumbling and tumbling of alliance partners before the elections. Right, there is a massive flight-away from the Cong. taking place. Are these a sign of things to come? Do these parties think the UPA is a sinking ship?

Priyanka Gandhi. What a bit@ch. Waffling about how this goes against Gandhi principles etc. Someone remind her that her dad presided over the 1984 riots against the Sikhs. These riots and massacres of innocent sikhs was ok'd right from the top. Yes her fac##king father Rajiv Ghandhi okd the riots and killing of 3000 sikhs. Where were the Gandhi principles then Priyanka???? Where were the Gandhi principles you waffle about when your dad said this after the killings of sikhs: “Some riots took place in the country following the murder of Indiraji. We know the people were very angry and for a few days it seemed that India had been shaken. But, when a mighty tree falls, it is only natural that the earth around it does shake a little.”. So when that bit#ch talks about varun gandhi remeber he is only giving words and not organising the massacre of innocents in cold blood! And congress have the cheek to complain about Modi and gujurat riots. Where is the justice and prosecution of 1984 rioters?

There is no way BJP will any close to 200. I am guessing may be 150. But that is it. They can only go up to 200+ if there are 3 candidates, Congress, BJP and 3rd Front all in close fight. Which is unlikely. So we will see the worse government of the decade.

whoever wins doesnt make a shyte in my life..
Would you not vote if you live in India? (I can understand if you say it does not make much difference since you live overseas - but I still think there is an indirect impact how the country is run on each person's life if you have some ties to India)

Am I the only one who thinks that arrresting and putting Varun Gandhi in jail is a mockery of our democracy? Didn't know making one statement can cause you to be charged with muder and terrorism. This makes GW and Dick Cheney look like moderates. I hope it energizes the hindus to vote and bring BJP to power.

Either Varun Gandhi clearly proves he is innocent or BJP withdraws him as a candidate. If not' date=' I would not vote BJP.[/quote'] Innocent of what? You seriously think he is a terrorist or a murderer, the two crimes he has been booked for? He made s stupid comment that any muslim who threatens a hindu should have his hand cut. It is an uncalled for comment which should be condemned, but not something for which you get booked under a anti-terrorism act or for murder. That's absurd. BTW, did we catch any of the "real" terrorists who bombed the parliament or IISC?

Praise the lord! Sanjay Terrorist Dutt has been barred from contesting the Lucknow LS seat, along with other fellow criminals like Shahbuddin. :top: Amar Singh says '100s of SP workers are crying.' :hysterical: Kutta saala! PS - Manyata might contest on that ticket.

Innocent of what? You seriously think he is a terrorist or a murderer, the two crimes he has been booked for? He made s stupid comment that any muslim who threatens a hindu should have his hand cut. It is an uncalled for comment which should be condemned, but not something for which you get booked under a anti-terrorism act or for murder. That's absurd. BTW, did we catch any of the "real" terrorists who bombed the parliament or IISC?
I am shocked.. How can you defend his comments with a straight face?