The Indian Elections Thread

The Outsider

The Indian Elections Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP/NDA
    • Congress/UPA
    • Third Front
    • Undecided

Sriram Sene is in opposition to BJP just check the facts yaar BajRang Dal again is in opposition with BJp certianly on the nonsensncial issues they raise for sure.. MODi is openly fightign against them IN gujarat for heaven's sake.. When Sharad Pawar called Modi saying some Bajrang dal people are creating problme Modi's uneuivocal reply was .> Kariye sabko andar.. YE kab natak band hoga koi bhi safforn chonga pahan ke kuchh kar jaaye aur uski jimmedari BJP pe rakh dete hain..
Bhai just to inform you, I believe you know about the Sangh Parivaar .. I agree with you about Sri Ram Sena But if you are saying BJP is against Bajrang Dal , you need to go into details of what VHP, RSS, BJP and Bajrang Dal are linked Bajrang Dal is the youth wing of VHP which is is also the key part of Sangh Parivar along with BJP.. Bhai perhaps you do not know about Bajrang Dal and Sangh Parivaar .. BJP should cut off all relations with the Sangh Parivaar .. BJP is now much bigger than any other component of the Sangh Parivaar and if it cuts off from them it will benefit them instead For your information about Bajrang Dal and Sangh Parivaar you can check these articles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bajrang_Dal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangh_Parivar BJP will clear up its image atleast amongst the educated Indian youth if they cuts off all relations with the Sangh Parivaar . anyways they are more hassles for them instead of benefiting them

lol-my parents went to vote but they sent them to another voting booth and my mom didnt get to vote at all-just my dad did.
BTW I did not vote too .. who will wait for the long queue to cast a vote for bloody corrupted politicians ... if they would have no queue and an AC perhaps I would have voted :crazy4: But I support everybody else who votes waiting for even hours outside the polling booth .. good work all voters but unless the facilities for voting are improved I am not sure if I will vote... there should be instant voting with no queue and proper AC in the next elections :dance::dance::dance:

^ can we nominate the above for the most idiotic post of the week.
if you have to wait in a long queue and waited for uptill hours in the heat then you would not have voted too :finger: nothing idiotic about it ..if you would have been in India then you would have realized what I mean .. and I might even bear everything but sorry not for corrupted politicians .. I have two main options to vote and both parties are corrupted .. WTH should I do hard work for them :dontknow:

and improvement in voting facilites is required all over India .. the voting system should be improved so that long queues for voting in the heat does not remain anymore .. I am sure if voting facilities are improved the voting percentage especially amongst India's youth and middle aged persons would increase significantly .. thats a fact and nothing idiotic about it .. voting must be made instant instead of long queues .. I would suggest significant improvement of voting conditions especially in cities

Yes voting facilities improvement is required. That is ofcourse welcome change when it happens. Just the tone of your post was making a mockery of the voting itself:

"BTW I did not vote too .. who will wait for the long queue to cast a vote for bloody corrupted politicians ... if they would have no queue and an AC perhaps I would have voted :crazy4:

Yes voting facilities improvement is required. That is ofcourse welcome change when it happens. Just the tone of your post was making a mockery of the voting itself:
no as I mentioned in my posts, I support voting but I will not vote myself unless facilities improves ... you have to wait in long queues in India to cast your vote and I wont do all the hard work for voting to power any of the two corrupted political parties .. thats it

so if all the luxury requirements had been taken care of this time' date=' you would have voted for a corrupted party? :hmmmm:[/quote'] what to do .. no other option would have been left .. but I would have at least cast my vote if the amenities for voting were better

Guest Gunner

Why don't they consider taking voting online? It can actually work for part of the voting population and the others can continue to vote at our favourite polling booths.

Why don't they consider taking voting online? It can actually work for part of the voting population and the others can continue to vote at our favourite polling booths.
I second that .. there should be a unique identity .. like some random 15 - 30 digit number and some secret details to be filled after which the person can vote online ... infact an online voting is the best option for all those who have access to the internet.. when all tickets from movie tickets, air tickets to rail tickets are booked online then I dont understand why online voting is not implemented soon .. I have been hovering over this idea for several years now but I dont understand how our EC does not still comprehend it

Sikhs getting slaughered in thousands = A MISTAKE. hind us getting killed in Kashmir = Political problem. mu slims getting killed by a few hundred = Holocaust. Poor protestors getting shot in WB under Left Govt = Misunderstanding. Banning Parzania in Gujarat = Communal. Banning Da Vinci Code and Jo Bole So Nihaal = Secular. Kargil Attack = Government failure. Chinese invasion in 1962 = Unfortunate betrayal. Reservations in every school and college on caste lines = Secular. Reservations in Minority institutions = Communal. Fake encounters in Gujarat [sohrabuddin] = BJP Communalism. Fake encounters under Cong-NCP in Maharashtra [Khwaja Younus] = Police atrocity. Talking about hind us and hind uism appeasment = Communal. Talking about mu slims and Islam = Secular. BJP freeing 3 terrorists to save 100 Indian hostages = Shameful Congress freeing 4 militants to save just a life of one daughter of I Home minister in Kashmir [Rubina Sayed] = Natural Political dilemma. Attack on Parliament = BJP ineptitude. Not hanging Afzal Guru the mastermind despite Supreme Court orders = Humanity and Political dilemma. BJP questioning Islam = Communal. Congress questioning Lord Ramas existance = Clerical Error.

Sikhs getting slaughered in thousands = A MISTAKE. hind us getting killed in Kashmir = Political problem. mu slims getting killed by a few hundred = Holocaust. Poor protestors getting shot in WB under Left Govt = Misunderstanding. Banning Parzania in Gujarat = Communal. Banning Da Vinci Code and Jo Bole So Nihaal = Secular. Kargil Attack = Government failure. Chinese invasion in 1962 = Unfortunate betrayal. Reservations in every school and college on caste lines = Secular. Reservations in Minority institutions = Communal. Fake encounters in Gujarat [sohrabuddin] = BJP Communalism. Fake encounters under Cong-NCP in Maharashtra [Khwaja Younus] = Police atrocity. Talking about hind us and hind uism appeasment = Communal. Talking about mu slims and Islam = Secular. BJP freeing 3 terrorists to save 100 Indian hostages = Shameful Congress freeing 4 militants to save just a life of one daughter of I Home minister in Kashmir [Rubina Sayed] = Natural Political dilemma. Attack on Parliament = BJP ineptitude. Not hanging Afzal Guru the mastermind despite Supreme Court orders = Humanity and Political dilemma. BJP questioning Islam = Communal. Congress questioning Lord Ramas existance = Clerical Error.
:--D

http://dailypioneer.com/172186/Cong-beware-the-switch.html Cong, beware the switch Swapan Dasgupta When the ruling party believes it is time to identify the genealogical imprint of Indira Gandhi on Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, you can be sure of two things. First, that Indian politics has scaled new heights of intellectual bankruptcy; and, second, that the natural instinct of the 124-year-old Indian National Congress is to fall back on dynastic adulation. The idea that Indians should vote for the Congress because of Priyanka’s nose is baffling. But perhaps not half as baffling as some of the other issues the Congress and Friends of the Congress have introduced into the campaign: Priyanka’s views on Rahul’s post-poll alignments (should she be foreign or Indian?); the views of Robert Vadra (who he?) on Priyanka’s perception of her future; and Barkha Dutt’s enchantment that Priyanka speaks such good Hindi (must PLUs speak the ‘vernacular’ badly?) The trend is intriguing. At this rate voters may be compelled to consider the views of Ottavio Quattrocchi (remember him?) on LK Advani’s plans to raid offshore tax havens. The wicked people in town have equated the Track-II Congress campaign to a “family melodrama”— with even Race Course Road chipping in with a performance. They are only partly right. It is not merely the Congress that is anxious to avoid any meaningful stocktaking of the past five years — the Prime Minister promises an economic recovery in the next 100 days when he has not thought fit to appoint a Finance Minister in the past 100 days. The UPA constituents, too, are engaged in competitive tomfoolery. Sharad Pawar and Lalu Yadav excelled themselves last Thursday. Even as voters were queuing in the scorching sun, these two were busy positioning themselves as uncrowned kings and king-makers. Not for a moment were they concerned with the challenging electoral battles in the constituencies. For them the war was as good as won. Both took it for granted that the UPA (including the Fourth Front of RJD, LJP and SP) would not be able to cobble together a majority and would need the support of the Left. Pawar and Lalu were interested in settling scores with an arrogant Congress; the NCP leader is bitter over the Congress’ vengeful attitude towards the IPL and Lalu is unlikely to forget Pranab Mukherjee’s threat (since retracted) to exclude him from a future Congress-led Government. But neither paused to take into account a very simple fact: That their future plans will depend on how people vote in the first place. Both were guilty of taking the voters for granted. Lalu was explicit that the NDA had been decimated from Kurukshetra to Jharkhand and Pawar was not factoring in the possible outcome in Maharashtra. In the age of coalitions, parties are prone to futures trading. However, the extent to which they can trade depends on the number of people they can get elected to the Lok Sabha. To win the battle of the ballot is the first priority of politicians; from this flows their shy at power. Pawar and Lalu have begun counting their chickens even before they have been hatched. I may be over-reacting but I get the sense that voters may construe their premature pronouncements as nothing but arrogance. And there is nothing voters enjoy more than cutting politicians down to size, especially if they are perceived to be either haughty or shifty. The BJP was guilty of smug complacency in 2004 and came crashing down to size. This time it may happen to the UPA. Caught up in the thrilling headiness of Government formation, its constituents appear to have overlooked the importance of winning the election first. When the election campaign began, the pundits took it for granted that the Congress would emerge as the largest party and the truncated UPA the largest pre-poll formation. The deficit, it was also assumed, would be made up by wooing either a chastened Left or sceptical constituents of the NDA. It was this sensing of oozing over-confidence that prompted the Congress into rejecting any national alliance and even declaring Manmohan Singh as the Prime Ministerial candidate. After the second round of polling, the Congress’ calculations seem a little less credible. Ground reports suggest that the Congress has not performed all that well in Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand, isn’t likely to make gains in Maharashtra and won’t be able to pin the BJP down in Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh. There is now a definite question mark over its ability to emerge as the largest party in the 15th Lok Sabha. Equally, the prospects of the Fourth Front don’t look too good in Uttar Pradesh and appear distinctly bleak in Bihar. Worse, in the battle with the Left, the Congress has blinked. The Prime Minister and Pranab Mukherjee have affirmed their non-hostility to the Left, thereby suggesting nervousness over the outcome. To what extent the BJP-led NDA will be able to step into this void is still a matter of conjecture. However, there are encouraging signs for the BJP. First, it has made the Congress respond to its agenda rather be led by the Bharat Nirman-type rubbish that was dished out in the early stages of the ruling party’s campaign. The Congress has meandered from Jai Ho to “weak leader” to dynasty. Second, none of the NDA partners have scored major self-goals in the past three weeks. Contrast this with the public civil war in the UPA. Finally, the BJP and Advani have been cast in the role of an underdog and have, therefore, escaped the problems of media over-exposure. There are no published exit polls to estimate the outcome in the two phases. But if the bush telegraph is any guide, the underdog and the favourite may have switched places. Maybe, that is why the Congress needs someone with the right nose for politics.

http://dailypioneer.com/170285/Can-he-hide-from-himself.html In 2007-08, at the height of the India-United States nuclear agreement crisis, the Left and its fellow travellers often suggested Mr Singh was an American agent. His alleged devotion to the British Empire and to the American world order has also been commented upon by Mr Prakash Karat, the CPI(M) general secretary, in recent days. None of this caused Mr Singh to take things personally. When he gave his famous interview to The Telegraph in August 2007, he was remarkably measured, pointing out that, “I don’t get angry, I don’t want to use harsh words.” He was only arguing for an “honourable deal”, he said, that would expand “India’s development options, particularly in regard to energy security and environmental protection and … (wouldn’t) affect our ability to pursue our nuclear weapons programme”. There was no “enough is enough”. The shoe was not pinching because Communist spokespersons were calling the Prime Minister an American lackey. Yet, it did when the BJP called him “weak”. Why? It cannot just be because Mr Singh knows there may be a Congress-Left tie-up after the election. The answer is more complex and altogether simpler: It is because the BJP has spoken the truth. When the Communists accused Mr Singh of being an American stooge, he could shrug it off; he knew — and India knew — the Communists were talking rubbish. When the BJP accuses Mr Singh of being a weak Prime Minister, he cannot shrug it off; he knows — and India knows — the BJP is right. Mr Singh’s reputation is dear to him. He would not like to be reminded that he was not even found weeping in a corner when Sikhs were slaughtered on the streets of Delhi in October-November 1984. He did not take a stand.