McGain debut : 10-2-93-0

New Aussie sensation scores a century of only 11 overs & that not only on a debut but in a test. I don't think any of the debutants have done better but I could be wrong. At the end of the days play, the Australian captain and team shepherded the genius away from the waiting reporters who wanted to speak to him about his exploits. The captain when questioned why he did not allow the questioning of this genius said that 'We did not want all the praise to go to his head after such a start to his test career. We would like him to keep his feet on the ground." The question on everybody's lip is "Will we actually see this genius in the 2nd innings of the match?". Only the Aus captain knows. I for one look forward to watching this player - who knows when I will get a chance to see him play again.

Not as good as Krejza who got a double on debut
But he always looked like he was going to take wickets, which he did...8 if I remember correctly...that too, quality wickets of the best players of spinners in the world. Can you say that McGain looked at any stage like he was going to take a wicket?