Is it time to introduce P Chawla to the ODI set up?

Watching IND play ODI cricket over the last 4 or 5 months one of the glaring weakness that i see is the lack of genuine wicket takers in the middle of the innings. I know H Singh is a fine bowler and doesn't give more than 4 to 4.5 runs an over but unfortunately he just hasn't been able to pick wickets so if someone does a Tamim Iqbal at the top then in the middle overs the game meanders along and the opponents ease their way to a huge score. This is where i feel that IND need a bowler like a P Chawla whose main focus should be to get wickets.

Re: Is it time to introduce P Chawla to the ODI set up? ur point is correct, but the person is not.... Piyush Chawla has not quite progressed the way he should have.... he has concentrated more on his batting..... he has not developed the bigger leg-break tht everyone expected he will develop over the course of time and experience..... he bowls much flatter nowadays and is happy to get 3 wkts per innings based on his stock delivery - the googly...

Re: Is it time to introduce P Chawla to the ODI set up? If u promise to play Malcolm Sami in your lineup when we meet next, we'll include whomever u ask for :hic: Seriously speaking, no, i dont think Chawla should be introduced in ODIs first. Leg spinners by nature need attacking fields & are not suited for ODIs right away. He must be tried in tests however, when proven successful, can be inducted into the ODI squad later

Re: Is it time to introduce P Chawla to the ODI set up?

One for the future no doubt. He is also quite handy with the bat. With him as a quality leggie and Pathan as a wily SLA' date=' India can look forward to a kick ass spinning duo.[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Is it time to introduce P Chawla to the ODI set up? Why'd you guys get rid of Yasir Hameed? I watched him closely when India toured Pakistan and he looked right good, I mean he is really talented. His numbers are incredibly impressive too...averaging 39.12 in ODIs and a respectable 35.88 in Tests. I just never understood why pakistan didn't stick with him? Why put someone a bits and pieces player like Hafeez in an opening position? I mean in 46 matches, which come on is more than enough to prove yourself he averages get this: 18.53 that's bloody pathetic.

Re: Is it time to introduce P Chawla to the ODI set up?

I used to be his biggest supporter' date=' but his bowling has fallen drastially while his batting has gone up. we need a spinner not batsman[/quote'] When did you see him bowling, BTW? Don't tell me you're talking about England test one year back?