Breaking News: IPL moved out of India

SachDan

No' date=' it's not - it's basically an Indian league where 7 out of the 11 have to be from India and even there 2 of them have to be under 19 or something. I can't see England or South Africa generating any major crowds for it.[/quote'] With a sprinkling of International Stars, major crowds, may be not ??? but it wont be deserted I think Indians living abroad would love this idea, but the main target of the IPL is undoubtedly the television viewership

But like the idiom, "Every dark cloud has a silver lining", this will provide our domestic cricketers with experience in completely foreign conditions to most which can only be good for Indian cricket in the long run - though T20 is not the ideal format to gain that experience.

But like the idiom' date=' "Every dark cloud has a silver lining", this will provide our domestic cricketers with experience in completely foreign conditions to most which can only be good for Indian cricket in the long run - though T20 is not the ideal format to gain that experience.[/quote'] Yup, i agree, may be this would be our ideal practice before the T20 WC

In one way its a bit of a shame. A country of a billion can't secure an election and a cricket event simultaneously. But it also could be the experience some of the domestics require to take their game to the next level. Infact the way i would have it, we should have the IPL in india but the duleep and the deodhar trophy etc etc outside the country

England is a better option than SA. Anyways the matches will be held in their daytime and I dont see them makin much profits regardless of where it is held. Also 180+ runs wont be scored that often and it will be interesting to see how the TV viewesrhip reacts to that.

i want it to be in england.T20 world cup is gonna be held after IPL n we'll see who performs well in t20 in england n can select then.surely hitting sixes is gonna be tougher in england specially for domestic indian players

when, a few months ago, it was suggested to hold the ipl in england, it seemed a stupid idea but, it has turned out to be the most logical decision this is the best decision the bcci could have taken to save the ipl it is a very very welcome move england seems to be a certain venue

i want it to be in england.T20 world cup is gonna be held after IPL n we'll see who performs well in t20 in england n can select then.surely hitting sixes is gonna be tougher in england specially for domestic indian players
it will be the perfect oppurtunity for our indian team to prepare well for defending our T20 world champions title

It'll also give England another excuse as to why they got hammered in the Ashes. "But we got distracted by the IPL!"

whats the point ? IPL in SAF :banghead: why couldnt they delay it by a month ? why couldnt they decide on just 3-4 venues where security wont be a big issue say like Goa, bhopal , gwalior, cochin etc and have the games there
Simply impossible with T20 WC to be played in June. As for the other venues you mentioned,don't think those states would have taken the responsibility since Home Ministry was always against IPL taking place in India during polls.