How's it going for everyone?

Gambit

Re: How's it going for everyone? More than us being knocked out this early I am disappointed in the manner we played the two games. Bd was always in control and against SL we blew up our chances. I could accept defeat to BD had DL come into picture but we just surrendered. Credit to BD and SL. Known BCCI, instead of taking two steps forward they will take a step back. Make Sachin/Saurav as captain and return of wright as coach. Having said all that i am an optimist and now looking forward to us rebuilding this team. If possible without the big 3, Yuvraj as captain dont care who the coach is.

Re: How's it going for everyone? I really really believed inspite of our pre world cup form, that we will make it to the semis easily given the conditions in WI. I also believed this is the strongest Indian lineup to ever go into a world cup. But one bad day vs Bangladesh shattered all my hopes. I have learnt to get over these disappointments quickly these days, as i have to cop one every few months (as frequently as they tour). It doesnt hurt, but for me, the world cup is pretty much over. I am disappointed that am not able to enjoy the world cup as much as i'd like to. This is the worst world cup for me, in many ways.

Re: How's it going for everyone? I'm not really surprised by the result, just dissapointed in the total lack of motivation and will to fight in this team. I am just glad we got kicked out of the World Cup now, rather than squeaking through via Net Run Rate and getting our asses handed to us on a platter in the Super 8s by Australia and Co. Apart from that...it's all good...will watch the rest of the World Cup....life goes on.

Re: How's it going for everyone? Like Adi said, I'm glad that we didn't make it to the super 8's just because of NRR. Indians should have have atleast put up a fight but they didn't but oh well. It's going to bring the much needed changes in the team. You win some, you lose some, there's always the next world cup :wtg:

Re: How's it going for everyone?

Does it still hurt? Are you over it?
It hurts but in a very strange way. Hard to define. There have been moments when I have sat down to write an article, about cricket or otherwise, and have just given up. It is like something is amiss. A feeling of you trying to move on but something pulling you back. Perhaps a feeling where someone has backstabbed you even when you have positively given him/her your best. I dont think about it much but it obviously is rooted deep in my pschyche someplace. xxxx

Does it still hurt? Are you over it?
It hurts but in a very strange way. Hard to define. There have been moments when I have sat down to write an article, about cricket or otherwise, and have just given up. It is like something is amiss. A feeling of you trying to move on but something pulling you back. Perhaps a feeling where someone has backstabbed you even when you have positively given him/her your best. I dont think about it much but it obviously is rooted deep in my pschyche someplace. xxxx
Nicely worded Lurker. A feeling of emptiness deep down there. I find it hard to comprehend how it went wrong after all these preparation and excellent training they received. I think it comes down to one of these: not able to copup with pressure or not good euff! Anyways cricket goes on and so do our lives!

A feeling of you trying to move on but something pulling you back. Perhaps a feeling where someone has backstabbed you even when you have positively given him/her your best.
Perfectly worded. Applies to a lot of things happening of late, not just cricket. I guess it's just a matter of realizing there are far worse things happening in this world and dwelling on the past doesn't do anybody any good.

Re: How's it going for everyone? it was our fault too.. we all have to pay the price for hyping our cricketers and creating unnecessary pressure on them.. so as I said before, this early-exit will do more good than bad for the country in long run..