Mental Disintegration of himself-Ponting shtyle.......

Rajan

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cricket/punter-turns-heat-on-jacques-of-all-trades/2009/03/18/1237054905748.html Punter turns heat on Jacques of all trades RICKY PONTING and Jacques Kallis will toss the coin before the third Test at Newlands on Thursday. Ponting is convinced one of them would rather be elsewhere - and it's not him. Ponting turned the spotlight on Kallis's leadership when he said his rival was a reluctant skipper, claiming an Australian would never snub the honour of captaining his country in the manner of Ashwell Prince and even comparing Kallis's rule to the doomed stint of England's Andrew Flintoff in Australia two years ago. "You'd probably think so," Ponting said when asked if Australia were advantaged by the confusion surrounding the Proteas' captaincy. "One of them not wanting to be captain and them having a reluctant captain at the moment - I don't think Kallis is the sort of guy that would be jumping up and down to do the captaincy, knowing the sort of laid-back guy he is on the field. "He's got enough on his plate, anyway, with being a top-four batter and an all-rounder. He's someone who bowls 20 overs an innings for them. He's got a lot on his plate. "I think we saw something similar when England came to Australia in 2006-2007 and Flintoff was captain. When you're an all-rounder, you already have a lot to think about, so that won't make his job any easier." In the absence of the injured Graeme Smith, Prince was named the Proteas' new skipper immediately after the second Test at Kingsmead. A day later, it was announced Kallis would do the job instead. It has since emerged that Prince rejected the offer. Kallis is not the most effervescent presence on the field - his preferred course of action is to stand silently at slip with his arms crossed - and there is dismay in certain quarters that he was offered the role ahead of livewire wicketkeeper Mark Boucher. Prince, also named in the unfamiliar role of opener, is perceived as being antagonistic towards Cricket South Africa. The former Test vice-captain, forced out of the series in Australia by injury, was angry at not being recalled to the squad for this series - and even more furious to learn of his continued omission in a newspaper. "You can understand the reason he was disgruntled in the first place, I guess, being the vice-captain and being left out of the side - but when opportunities come around like that, I think any Australian would grab it with both hands," Ponting said. South African coach Mickey Arthur said: "I have spoken to Ashwell, like I would speak to any guy coming back into the side, as to exactly what his roles are and exactly what is expected of him." Meanwhile, with Marcus North ill, Australia have delayed naming a 12-man squad until just before play begins on Thursday. =========================== Ponting targeted Kallis and Ashwell Prince and tried to put them under pressure and generally expected to play on their minds about the captaincy issue. but his game fell flat on his face. He failed to score in the first innings and was dismissed cheaply in the 2nd innings as well. Aussies lost the test by an Innings after almost 10 years.to rub the salt in to the wound, Prince scored a crucial 150 setting the platform for kallis who too scored a hundred, both quicker than their normal grafting game. Ponting rubbed indians on the wrong side in India, ridiculed Zak, proclaimed that they were going to play the New Age game, where as he said Indians played old school cricket! his side lost 0-2 and he has not learnt his lesson. having won the series in SA, he cud have just shut up.But being the brat he is, he opened his mouth and got his nose rubbed on the ground.! Mental disintegration- Ponting's shtyle almost similar to what my friend famously told once, "Ponting commits self suicide very often"!:hysterical:

>>Mental disintegration- Ponting's shtyle almost similar to what my friend famously told once, "Ponting commits self suicide very often"! To borrow from monsoon wedding g@@nd me nahii goo - aur suar ko daawat dene chalaa hai .. :haha: