Knee jerk reaction or Sensible?

Rajiv

India to have two cricket teams: Pawar India to have two cricket teams: Pawar 26 Mar 2007 NDTV Correspondent The process of accountability has begun after the Indian Cricket Team's disappointing performance in world cup. In an exclusive interview to NDTV BCCI chief Sharad Pawar said that there will now be two cricket teams for India - India Seniors and India Blue. While the seniors will, as the name suggests, consist of the more experienced players, India blue will also get a chance at international games. Pawar has also quashed rumours of an interim coach being named. Earlier, there were reports that former India player Sandeep Patil was approached for the top job. Pawar said the board has not yet decided to replace the captain or the coach. The decision will be taken only after the meeting in Mumbai, he said. http://www.ndtv.com/ndtvcricket/showstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20070006917&site=ndtv

Re: Knee jerk reaction or Sensible?

Two teams great so we now have to go though the agony twice :wall: :wall: :wall: :shrug:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: best reply of the year __________________ Actually I have been contemplating this for some time now..since so many players are available I wondered if someone could actually make this possible lets do a pros and cons for this?

Re: Knee jerk reaction or Sensible? India Seniors and India Blue I think is same as India and India A. Maybe India A gets more tours. Pawar might have wrapped this in gift paper calling it India Seniors and India Blue to attrack sponsorship and other deals as someone else noted.

Re: Knee jerk reaction or Sensible? My sugesstion: Have a poll of 8 Teams (Club System?). This will give a pool of 14x8=112 best players in the country. Pick the best 14 for playing the country. For home games we need to pick 12 players. For substitutions use locally available players. It is assenine to pick 15 players for home Test/one-day matches. They can pick the team for every Test and maybve 2 1-dayers at a time.

Re: Knee jerk reaction or Sensible? Does that mean we will field two teams at the international level? If it's something along the lines of India and India A(matches/tours against A sides of other countries), then thats fine. But if it's the former, its the single most inane idea ever!