BCCI's revenues aren't taxed

Gambit

How many of you knew that? Despite being a private organisation, BCCI enjoys the same status as a charitable organisation does and gets IT waiver from the government. Why? Because, it's carries out "the charitable activity of promoting the sport in the country".

Unless the govt taxes every other sport bodies too, they should STFU and stay away from BCCI. This is just another me too thing because of all the money involved. BCCI is a non-profit organization and the govt shd ensure that the people involved dont loot the money instead of asking for a cut in the profits.

I didn't know about this. Does this also mean the match fees and annual retainer contracts(Class A' date='B etc) players get from the BCCI are exempt from tax as well?[/quote'] No..that is income for the player. That is taxed to the player. BCCI is exempt from paying taxes for any of it's income. Income from TV revenue, gate collection, income from sponsors, IPL franchises, etc. From that income, they pay out match fees for all national, domestic and ex-player pensions, etc. Nobody has seen the balance sheet of BCCI, I mean it is not public. So, we don't know how they operate.
Unless the govt taxes every other sport bodies too' date=' they should STFU and stay away from BCCI. This is just another me too thing because of all the money involved. [b']BCCI is a non-profit organization and the govt shd ensure that the people involved dont loot the money instead of asking for a cut in the profits.
They will always be "non-profit" - the Rupees will go into the pockets of the BCCI executives, and there will not be a profit :winky: Pawar is part of the govt, so more tamasha.

This is a joke, BCCI is NOT a charity organization that 'promotes sporting activities..' Its as commercial as commercial gets. Besides, just look at the revenue they get. The govt. could earn 10s of 100s of crores in tax revenue from them, money that could used to help poor people. What are they doing not tapping into this resource?

Besides' date=' just look at the revenue they get. The govt. could earn 10s of 100s of crores in tax revenue from them, money that could used to help poor people. What are they doing not tapping into this resource?[/quote'] That assumes tax revenues get used appropriately by the government, rather than lining the pockets of government officials.