Deccan Chargers

Rohan495

Theyre going to take it. SEASON 2008 deccan-chargers1-261x300.jpgAnalysis of players VVS Laxman: Might not have made his mark in twenty20 cricket but watch out for him the higher of a role he has on the team the better he perfoms Andrew Symonds: MVP of world cricket, no one can ever doubt his charismatic presence on the field. Gilchrist: Probably one the most dynamic ODI cricketers, His Wicketkeeping and his power hitting will certainly enable Hyderabad as being a contender. Gibbs: An Awesome striker of the ball, We've seen him smash sixes all over the park,he will be a good opener. Afridi: BoomBoom Afridi they call him, hes certainly the right type of player for 2020, he will definitely prosper in both the batting and bowling department. Rohit Sharma: A good young intelligent cricketer will fit great into the scheme of things. He will be useful in the field and will be the perfect compliment to the big hitters. Styris: A steal, a great utility cricketer whose capable of playing the big strokes and is useful in the bowling department. Silva: An upcoming cricketer capable of playing some good strokes and is also a descent fielder. Certainly worth his price. RP Singh: Known as RP Swing RP will share the spearhead role with Chaminda Vaas. Definitely a promising young bowler that will come good. Vaas: One of the more successful bowlers for Sri Lanka he is capable of swinging the ball and being very economical particularily in the death, he will have a huge role in the team, hes also quite nifty with the bat. Zoysa: Injuries have hurt his potential dearly. He is a good tall bowler who is also capable of swinging the ball and on his day unsettling even the best batting line ups in the world. SEASON 2009 Message to the Deccan Chargers fans from the Captain Gilly As the new season is almost upon us, it is with great excitement and anticipation that I write a short message to you all. There has been some change at the franchise since the completion of the inaugural IPL season, with the most obvious being the exciting new colours and re-vamped Chargers logo. This change alone signifies a new beginning for the franchise after a difficult time last year and everyone involved is fired up to do their best in the new season. One thing we don’t want to change from the first season is the amazing support we received from our wonderful collection of fans and supporters. I believe the true meaning of the term ‘supporter’ is to continue to maintain faith in a team through highs and lows, and given the manner with which our fans stayed with us last year, we all look forward to sharing in better times in the future and truly appreciate the way in which you all have stuck with us. Part of our focus and planning for this season will be to combine together as a group and not individuals, as we perhaps were guilty of last season. The squad has had a few additions which our new coach, Darren Lehmann has outlined in his message on this site and I’ve utmost faith in his ability to gel the group together and have us all moving in the one direction. Finally, to have been asked to captain the Deccan Chargers for this coming season, is a tremendous thrill and honour. I look forward to working closely with Vice-Captain Rohit Sharma and all the playing staff and support staff. There is also great experience in our squad that I will look to incorporate as we build a unit that will represent the city of Hyderabad and the State of Andhra Pradesh with pride and passion. Thanks again to our loyal supporters, I look forward to catching up very soon and so too thanks to all our sponsors for their continued support of our team. Best wishes Gilly Adam Gilchrist :icflove: . DECCAN CHARGERS .Deccan_Chargers_logo.jpgCoach: Darren Lehmann Captain: Adam Gilchrist Colours: Midnight Blue and Silver Founded: 2008 Home Ground: To Be Named Owner: Deccan Chronicle Official Website: Deccan Chargers Players Adam Gilchrist (Captain) Chamara Silva Herschelle Gibbs V.V.S.Laxman Arjun Yadav Venugopal Rao Rohit Sharma D.B.Ravi Teja T.Suman Abhinav Kumar Dwayne Smith Scott Styris Andrew Symonds Ryan Harris Halhadar Das M.S.Bisla R. P. Singh Fidel Edwards Chaminda Vaas Nuwan Zoysa D.Kalyankrishna Pragyan Ojha M Sarveesh Kumar H.S.Bansal Jaskarandeep Singh P. Vijay Kumar S.M.Shoaib Support Staff * Head Coach: Darren Lehmann * Assistant Coaches: Kanwaljit Singh * Assistant Coaches: Mike Young * Physiotherapist: Dr Sean Slattery * Strength and Conditioning Coach: Steve Smith WATCH OUT FOR THE RAGING BULL

didn't you open one on ponting just now. :giggle:
:finger: I opened the thread, cause I knew it will be instant hit :D (thanks to the hatred we carry for punter on ICF)

Local stars named in IPL squad HYDERABAD: Andhra?s finds of last season, fast bowlers Doddapaneni Kalyankrishna and P. Vijay Kumar, are two of the eight first-class cricketers who will play for Hyderabad in the forthcoming Indian Premier League Twenty20 cricket ... More... HYDERABAD: Andhra’s finds of last season, fast bowlers Doddapaneni Kalyankrishna and P. Vijay Kumar, are two of the eight first-class cricketers who will play for Hyderabad in the forthcoming Indian Premier League Twenty20 cricket championship, according to manager Vijay Mohan Raj. Vijay said that the six other cricketers are N. Arjun Yadav, D.B. Ravi Teja, N. Sarvesh Kumar and Pragyan Ojha (all from Hyderabad), India discard Y. Venugopala Rao (Andhra) and Orissa wicketkeeper Halhadar Das. “With the addition of the first-class players, we have fulfilled the franchisee’s obligation to include under-22 players and players from the ‘catchment area’ (which included Hyderabad, Andhra and Orissa) in the Twenty20 squad,” Vijay Mohan Raj explained.

Where will VVS Laxman bat, Rohan? Looks like Number 7 to me. Gilly, Afridi, Symonds, Silva, Gibbs, Sharma ... all can score quicker than him. Oh even Styris can for that matter
nah he can bat at 3. im sure laxman will be a lot more agressive, you can count on it.

nah he can bat at 3. im sure laxman will be a lot more agressive' date=' you can count on it.[/quote'] Agree. VVS gives stability to the innings and can take advantage of the fielding restrictions. Coming down the order is definitely a bad idea - his crisp drives will find the fielders on the boundary lines. Besides, his attempts at big hits can be quite awkward/ineffective. Team looks great Ro!

Symonds will be a big asset: Laxman VVS Laxman, the captain of the Hyderabad team in the IPL, said the presence of Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds was a big asset. More... February 25, 2008 25lax.jpg VVS Laxman, the captain of the Hyderabad team in the Indian Premier League, on Monday said the presence of Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds [images] in the side was a "big asset" because of his match-winning abilities. Laxman said did not envisage any crowd problems for the lanky all-rounder who had not only accused Harbhajan Singh [images] of racially abusing him but had been involved in a series of on-field altercations with the Indian players during the ongoing tour of Australia. "He is a match-winner for us and obviously if he does well for the team, the crowd will love him", Laxman told reporters in Hyderabad. "When you are playing high quality cricket, when there is high intense cricket, I am sure there will be a few words exchanged and that is because of the heat of the moment", Laxman explained. The Hyderabad team bid a whopping Rs 5.6 crore for procuring the services of Symonds and Laxman reckoned it was worth it considering the Australian's talent. "I have known Symonds since under-19 days. He is a very good friend of mine and he is a thorough professional. I am sure everyone knows that he is a match-winner for any side whether he plays for Australia or a World XI", he said. "It is a great asset to have Symonds in our team and I am sure he will play some match-winning knocks like the way he has done over the years", he added.

Robin Singh to coach the Hyderabad team Hyderabad have already 16 players on their rolls. VVS Laxman ©, Adam Gilchrist, Andrew Symonds, Herschelle Gibbs, Shahid Afridi, Chaminda Vaas, Chamara Silva, Nuwan Zoysa, RP Singh, Rohit Sharma, N Arjun Yadav, Dwaraka Ravi Teja, Pragyan Ojha, D Kalyankrishna, P Vijay Kumar, Y Venugopala Rao, Haladhar Das (wk). Head coach: Robin Singh. Assistant coach: Kanwaljit Singh. Manager: Vijay Mohan Raj.

Robin Singh, the Hyderabad coach, wish from IPL crowd The Hyderabad coach would like to see the Indian crowd embrace Andrew Symonds and Adam Gilchrist once the IPL takes off. More... Robin Singh wants IPL crowd to embrace Symonds, Gilchrist Press Trust Of India Chennai, March 12, 2008 First Published: 13:22 IST(12/3/2008) Last Updated: 14:32 IST(12/3/2008) Hangover of India's acrimonious Australia tour may linger but Hyderabad coach Robin Singh would like to see the Indian crowd embrace Andrew Symonds and Adam Gilchrist once the Indian Cricket League (IPL) takes off. Robin, also Team India's fielding coach, has seen from close quarter the racism row in Australia featuring Symonds and Harbhajan Singh that threatened to polarise the cricket world. Though sanity eventually prevailed, it left enough bad blood and it remains to be seen how the Indian crowd greet the Australian duo who would pull on the Hyderabad jersey in the IPL. Robin, however, hopes that the crowd would embrace the duo and greet them with the same warmth bestowed on their Indian counterparts. "I would definitely ask the people to treat them well. After all, we are popularising the game, particularly this form of cricket. I think they should be given the same treatment," the former player told PTI. He also dismissed the view that both Symonds and Gilchrist would be under pressure once they arrive here. "Absolutely not. These guys are thorough professionals. They have won a huge sum of money from the bid and there is no doubt about their motivation levels. I also had a long discussion with them," he said. Talking about the Hyderabad side, Robin said it was a balanced team, even though they might need an additional pacer. "Ours is a very good fielding side and a top batting side. May be we require an extra fast bowler. We have quality spinners in Shahid Afridi, Symonds and Pragyan Ohja. In the bowling departments, RP Singh and Chaminda Vaas are there. We have roped in Sanjay Bangar too and we will use him as well", he said. "We will be changing our combination according to the strength of the team that we will be playing," he said. Asked which team looked most formidable in the tournament, he said, "In this format of the game each team is a good side. Some teams look formidable on paper. But the matches are not based on their strength on paper." He was also of the view that IPL would put adequate emphasis on fitness. "There are a lot of professional fitness experts coming, which probably the state associations could not afford so far. Now you have franchisees and they can afford these. There will be lot of emphasis on fitness," he said. "Even international players have to ensure that they take of care their fitness because the season is long. Fitness is one thing which is important in this short game. Fitness is the key as Twenty20 is very demanding and the time to recover is very short," he added. The former all-rounder hoped IPL would throw up new stars and on personal front, he said he was looking forward to coaching the Hyderabad side. "It is a great opportunity for me. I have been involved with Indian cricket for long. From the international point of view, this is the second time that I will be coaching. Earlier, I have done it in the Asian Cricket Council, even though the standards was different, Robin said. "It helps your thinking and wide range of other aspects. It definitely helps to improve your knowledge much better. Your thinking patterns changes a bit and your experience will allow you to do that also," he said. Asked about condition of pitches for both home and away matches, Robin said he had not seen the track in Hyderabad. "One has to be careful about preparation of pitches but at the same time, pitches will not make much of a difference in the Twenty20 format," he said.

Guest Hiten.

IPL Hyderabad team christened as - Deccan Chargers Its on wikipedia. I know its not a reliable source, but so far all the names that were posted beforehand were right. Can anyone confirm this news please ?