Deccan Chargers

Rohan495

i guess all the charge might have been expired by now. or they might have changed loyalities. the only charger fans right now are a few pakistanis who are still hoping afridi will hit a magical 35 ball century. Unfortunately, he got raped so badly in this tourno, they bandaged him and asked him to warm benches.
:haha::haha: they jus keep humiliating themselves..:hysterical: but i hafa feeling tht hes gonna go berserk... keeping my fingers crossed for chennai

mhr i jus noticed ur avatar n signature.. it started with CSK n when CSK were going down, u changed to KKR.. when they were eliminated u changed to MI?? WTF man... u can be a good politician.. gott a bright future bud....:haha::haha:
yaar .. I was just abt to change to DD.... May be today I will change to DD when i receive my 200K $$$.... I have been sponsored by desi paji to support his team in return of some money ... :dance::dance::dance: So waiting for the money to change my Avtar... :D

Deccan Chargers yet to pay $10.7m fee to BCCI Deccan Chronicle-owned Hyderabad Deccan Chargers is yet to pay its annual franchise fee of $10.7 million to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). More... Deccan Chargers yet to pay $10.7m fee to BCCI 9 Feb 2009, 0655 hrs IST, Sonali Krishna, ET Bureau MUMBAI: When you play the high stakes game of the Indian Premier League (IPL), there are bound to be a few controversies. One of the lot unfolded Celebrities at IPL Season 2 I Deccan Chronicle-owned Hyderabad Deccan Chargers is yet to pay its annual franchise fee of $10.7 million to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). According to IPL insiders, Deccan Chargers informed the IPL governing council that they were extremely disappointed with the stadium and on-ground infrastructure in Hyderabad, and that they would not pay the annual fee if this was not fixed. The representatives of the franchisee also sent close to 100 photographs of the stadium in Hyderabad validating their point. However, when contacted, a Deccan Chargers representative said: “We deny the chargers regarding the payment. Regarding the stadium, every franchisee had some issues and it was sorted out in the workshop.” BCCI officials confirmed to ET that the Hyderabad franchisee had in fact not paid its fee, but they were hoping to receive it in the coming week. A source within the franchisee on condition of anonymity said: “On one hand we call the IPL a world-class property, and on the other hand, we have stadiums that are way below even average standards.” IPL officials will soon visit Hyderabad to inspect the facilities there and take a call on appropriate measures. Deccan Chargers has more trouble on hand with chief executive Tim Wright putting in his papers, just days before the player auctions for the second season on Friday. While Mr Wright confirmed his resignation, Deccan Chargers maintained that Mr Wright had not submitted his resignation, and in fact had even accepted his salary for the month of January. Mr Wright has been alleged to have committed serious violations of the Foreigners Registration Act prior to his employment with Deccan Chargers. The Deccan Chargers team acquired players like Adam Gilchrist, Andrew Symonds, VVS Laxman and Shahid Afridi and spent a whopping $107 million for the Hyderabad franchisee, only next to RIL’s Mumbai Indians and UB Group’s Bangalore Royal Challengers in last year’s auction. Despite having a formidable line-up of players, the team could not even reach the semi-finals of the inaugural IPL. In October last year, the Hyderabad franchisee had said that it had mandated KPMG Corporate Finance to find a strategic buyer for the IPL team. But recently the Deccan Chargers management said that it had not found any takers in the present market and therefore was stalling plans to sell the franchisee for the next three years. Jaipur to host inaugural match for IPL 2009 Jaipur’s Rajasthan Royals, the reigning IPL champions, which has the right to choose the venues for the opening and closing matches, has decided on Jaipur as the venue for the inaugural match for IPL 2009. While Mumbai would host the finals, Chennai has been chosen as the venue for the semi-finals.