Sign in to follow this  
varun

IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

Owners/Mods/Varun/Rajiv...... I wish we popularise the SS and even make it mandatory for the members with 500+ posts to have a team. we sit comfortably at home and criticise the selectors harshly.if we try to select a team out of the so many teams and players, then we would know the difficulty in choosing a good team. after that when they perform/fail, we would know the pain and pleasure in watching the performances of 'our SS ' team. i seriously feel it adds to the thrill of follow2ing up IPL.plzzzzzzzzz make as many teams as possible.i luv ICF SS.

Owners/Mods/Varun/Rajiv...... I wish we popularise the SS and even make it mandatory for the members with 500+ posts to have a team. we sit comfortably at home and criticise the selectors harshly.if we try to select a team out of the so many teams and players, then we would know the difficulty in choosing a good team. after that when they perform/fail, we would know the pain and pleasure in watching the performances of 'our SS ' team. i seriously feel it adds to the thrill of follow2ing up IPL.plzzzzzzzzz make as many teams as possible.i luv ICF SS.
Wah you made my day :--D

4 players of my team-G.Smith, J.Kallis,D.Steyn,A.Morkel have a day night match against Australia on 17th at Jo Burg.would they be able to play the next day in IPL at Cape town? In fact Chennai faces Mumbai at 10.30 am local time on 18th, around 12 hours after the one day match concludes. have the IPL teams made travel arrangements and ensure the key players represent their teams on the crucial day? any updates...plz

4 players of my team-G.Smith, J.Kallis,D.Steyn,A.Morkel have a day night match against Australia on 17th at Jo Burg.would they be able to play the next day in IPL at Cape town? In fact Chennai faces Mumbai at 10.30 am local time on 18th, around 12 hours after the one day match concludes. have the IPL teams made travel arrangements and ensure the key players represent their teams on the crucial day? any updates...plz
it doesnt matter -they might miss one game but will be available for the remaining 13.

can some injury updates of all IPL players in SA be given in a thread, so that we can make necessary changes in the SS team composition before the tournament starts? by the way any possibility of Hodge, Lee, Symmonds, Bravo,Masceranhas, playing in IPL this time right through the tournament?

can some injury updates of all IPL players in SA be given in a thread, so that we can make necessary changes in the SS team composition before the tournament starts? by the way any possibility of Hodge, Lee, Symmonds, Bravo,Masceranhas, playing in IPL this time right through the tournament?
Hodge is avail' for full tournament. Masceranhas will be avail' until May21st, start of ODI series in England.Bravo too wil be available until that date.So ideally both will be avail' for 13 so matches. I think Symonds will be avai' for the last two weeks.I heard Lee isnt ready for International cricket so there is a chance of him playing the entire tournament.

Hodge is avail' for full tournament. Masceranhas will be avail' until May21st' date=' start of ODI series in England.Bravo too wil be available until that date.So ideally both will be avail' for 13 so matches. I think Symonds will be avai' for the last two weeks.I heard Lee isnt ready for International cricket so there is a chance of him playing the entire tournament.[/quote'] Thanks a lot Don.

Wah you made my day :--D
Mods/Rajiv/Varun/Techie Tigers plz promote SS for IPL in a big day. some thing like a full page ad covering the screen for 10 seconds, when some one visits the site. u can even incentivise the participants by giving $10k ICF currency for spending their time in choosing their team. after that they will be hooked on to it for the sheer thrill and make necessary changes/substitutions as IPL goes on a roller skater ride.as of now one of the reasons why even regular 'posters' have not put up a team is either because they may think forming a team is a bit geeky( wrong assumption, its easy) or may be they consider it is not worth spending time because eventually if they dont do well, no 'benefits'. send PM's to every one with details, incentives, prize money... plz do some thing , we shud have 200 teams...............

abe itna popular karega to mere jitne ke chances kam ho jayege.. kya re.. :--D
on the other hand, if u are among top 20, it wud give u enormous satisfaction of winning prize among 150+ teams!

how about you guys go to your local seven eleven and ask the desi employee who is working their to advertise on the counter to every desi who comes to the counter.
u can say whatever u want, i am happy that the response has been very encouraging and in fact amazing today.it zoomed from 130+ to a mind boggling 175 teams already! may be Varun and Mods can confirm what was the record for the highest number of teams entered before IPL 2 SS! Lalit Modi would ask for a share in revenue if he ever hears about ICF $:haha:

This is by far the biggest response we've had to the SS - the previous highest was around 100. I haven't entered my team in as yet either. BTW, for folks who have created multiple IDs to enter their teams - one of them will be deleted this time round since there is an actual prize for the contest. Let me know which one you want to keep if you don't want me to delete one of them randomly.

Varun' date=' will there be time between matches to make substitutions on days of double headers?[/quote'] Only if there is a gap between when the first match finishes and the second starts.

Only if there is a gap between when the first match finishes and the second starts.
last year ALL 59 matches went beyond schedule.some matches were almost last ball of this match this minute and first ball of next match, very next minute. this year Modi has given warnings of cash penalty and also ban for a match.but cash will not be a problem if the delay helps the fielding captains in discussing strategies with seniors as well as getting guidance from pavilion/team hut. so, they will try to push 10-15 minutes easily and the other 15 minutes ad break will also eat in to OUR time for substitutions. u may have to be on the ball literally giving us the small window of about 15 minutes between matches on double header days(many many days that is)! any way, thanks for the prize money increase and also cut off extension!(10% of total teams would be ideal)

I sent a PM to varun as well .. I lost 277 points for making 16 substitutions ... so now I have 0 points
:laugh::laugh: Even I am going to drop down considerably after making 16 subs today, but Kumble has ensured I'll still be in the top 5.

:laugh::laugh: Even I am going to drop down considerably after making 16 subs today, but Kumble has ensured I'll still be in the top 5.
:aetsch: NOT really .. I think there is a bug so you will end up losing all your points :hehe:

Fixed.. People aren't really losing any points.. There was a bug in displaying the score that if you chose all players who haven't played a game, then it wasn't adding your subadjustment points while showing your total. Abbe desi your score is 277 now after your substitutions.. it was 397 earlier

Fixed.. People aren't really losing any points.. There was a bug in displaying the score that if you chose all players who haven't played a game, then it wasn't adding your subadjustment points while showing your total. Abbe desi your score is 277 now after your substitutions.. it was 397 earlier
:two_thumbs_up:

:confused_smile: He should lose 160 points for substituting 16 players, right?
Yea i meant his score was 277 + 160.. too sleepy to count .. stop picking on me :((

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.