IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

Guys... today i wasnt qable to make some substitutions that I was planning to make after the toss (match: delhi vs punjab), as the toss itelf took place after the scheduld start ie 4pm.I asked this qn in some other thread and the answer i got was that the system is automated to close itself at 4, as it is not possible for someoe to manually close substituions after the math starts. Fair enough. I bought that argument. Now I'm plannign tomake more substitutions for the next match i.e Kolkatta Vs Deccan. But the SS is still not open. Going by your logic of autmated closing after 4, then the sytem should open itself to allow substituition between 7.15 and 8pm. But its not happening. That means someone is manually governing thiws process. If the first match ends after 8, and the next begins at 8.30, then i wont be ble to make the changes i wanted to make for this game. How to overcome this situation? VARUN - pls help.
point... ian point

dinaakar is going to have high BP:--D
I'm having it already... What i dont understnd is... if it is automated, then it should have opened at the scheduled end of first match ie 7.15pm. Why it dint open., That means, there is some msnual intervention. Why is that same manual intervention not opening it now since there is no game being played right now.

The mechanics of this game needs tweaking... Whoever wrote the code.. must have been on drugs when he wrote it
dinakkar yaar, the least you can is appreciate varun's hard work. He's done all this voluntarily, taking time out of his work/social life and done a darn good job. The software is much better than any other SS there. What's more, there will be a real prize as well despite ICF being a non-profit fansite.

This sort of glitch or rather constraints in the s/w will make a llot of ppl lose interest inthe game. Since we can choose only 4 players per team... we would like to defer the decision till the last moment, as picking swomeone who is not even playing will be a waste. But if the s/w behaves like this, then we should increase the total team size to 20 or 24 and increase max no. of players from each team to 6 to cover for this

dinakkar yaar' date=' the least you can is appreciate varun's hard work. He's done all this voluntarily, taking time out of his work/social life and done a darn good job. The software is much better than any other SS there. What's more, there will be a real prize as well despite this ICF being a non-profit fansite.[/quote'] exactly my sentiments maybe more admins @ IPL time may help; Varun should not have to spend all his time managing this

dinakkar yaar' date=' the least you can is appreciate varun's hard work. He's done all this voluntarily, taking time out of his work/social life and done a darn good job. The software is much better than any other SS there. What's more, there will be a real prize as well despite ICF being a non-profit fansite.[/quote'] I agree... :hatsoff: to Varun... I'm only tryint to instigate Varun so that he can send a quick fix.. :)

Unfortunately' date=' manual opening can only be done by varun, though as a thought perhaps he can add an option for it in the interface at some point he gets the time. But having a go at him like this after all the hard work he has put in is uncalled for.[/quote'] think it can be done.... btw when does this match start, it was supposed to start at 2:30 GMT and it 2:45 now

Unfortunately' date=' manual opening can only be done by varun, though as a thought perhaps he can add an option for it in the interface at some point he gets the time. But having a go at him like this after all the hard work he has put in is uncalled for.[/quote'] Okay.. I have my full respects for the hard work behind creating this game... which is exactly why I'm so hooked onto it like an addict and I am not able to handle the fact that i am not able to make the changes prior to this game. I dont hve anyone from KKR or DC in my team at the moment, as I wanted to do the changes betwen the matches. Also, I could'nt pick Vettori after 4.00pm as i thought i wud defer that decision till after the toss. Varun and ICF have made me an addict and its fair that i complain to them when I have a problem, isnt it? One moer thing...if the timing of open/close is automated.. then why wasn't it opened at 7.15 i.e the scheduled end of the Delhi / Punjab match? Doesnt it mean there is some kind of manual intervention here. How would an automated system know that the match is still going on?