Dravid should take a break of 1 year

i think if Dravid is sacked as the captain of Team india...then he should just take an injury break of one year..when india is playing Eng, Aus..etc etc.. our bowling has been very good..and its our batsmen..who failed to give ome performance...and Dravid has been scoring runs...and at a good strike rate as well...not like ganguly who was playing a selfish game.. i agree that we need a young captain for the future.... but i do not see any captaincy material in the team... 1. Yuvi..i am not sure if he is capable of captaining 2. Bhajji... his place is not guaranteed 3. Dhoni... not a captaincy material 4. Sehwag...will be dropped from ODI team 5. Kaif is a good candidate..but his place is not guaranteed so looking at the options we have we will have to go with Yuvi. but Dravid should not be sacked...and should be given the job till England tour at least..

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year i think it was not onlt Dravid..it was a collective effort of 5 top order batsmen.. then why should only Dravid be made the scapegoat...and if we need to sack..then why not the selectors as well... and most of all...the chief selector..who thought he knows more about cricket than any body else... he has suddenly gone underground..

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year

i think it was not onlt Dravid..it was a collective effort of 5 top order batsmen.. then why should only Dravid be made the scapegoat...and if we need to sack..then why not the selectors as well... and most of all...the chief selector..who thought he knows more about cricket than any body else... he has suddenly gone underground..
no scapegoat biz. as a captain he hasn't been able to get his team to perform even at a half decent level. remember, we are not talking about doing badly in super-8 or semis or finals. we are talking facking bangladesh and srilanka. he has made lots of poor decisions. post toss decision in bangla game was a big mistake. not trying to get pathan (the only allrounder) back into the ODI team was another big mistake. taking kumble in the team at the last minute was another mistake. yes, the batsmen failed and they have to be dealt with on the merits of their performance. but we can't continue with this kind of lousy captaincy either.

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year Fair enough he will be sacked as a captain. You guys would be pretty optimistic to think he will be pursued with. The public's popular demand will be fulfilled by sacking the captain and the coach. As for the break from cricket, why should Rahul Dravid take a break? It is not like his form is crap or is not able to produce runs. He is batting well and he should simply carry on in the same vein. The last thing India needs is their best batter taking a break. Rahul Dravid can take a break from ODIs though. In fact he can call it a day, there's not so much riding on the ODIs.

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year I want Dravid out as captain because he made some bad decision at crucial times in the 3 games we played. The way bowlers were handled was just horrible. Also i think he messed up the team selection. Against SL he should have gone with Kartick rather than uthappa. Also i felt with 250 to chase Sachin would have been a better option to open instead of uthappa. As far as taking a break goes, do you also you want to lose home series against BD ??

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year Ganguly and sachin must not be made captain..but i know...with pawar in helms sachin will be given the stop gap captaincy... Yuvi seems to be a good choice ..but how good will be as captai and will his batting suffer...only time will tell... and we must leave this practise of choosing captain first... we must choose playing XI and then the captain and vice captain... we have already suffered a lot because of ganguly being a non playing captain for more than 2 years...

RD should now take a back-seat..... i am jus praying tht Saurav or Sachin are not made captains..... them in conjunction with Vengsarkar will take india right back to days of C.K.Naidu....
Couldnt agree more but this is exactly what will happen. the ' drastic change ' everyone is talking about is chappels contract will not be renewed and pathan, uthappa and maybe sehwag will be dropped.

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year Ganguly should be made the captain. Simply for one reason, he is NOT a nice guy he has the balls to make the tough decsions. Dravid is a very nice guy and nice guys do not make good captains they are too soft. Ganguly has that mongrel in him to win at all costs, to dominate the opposition etc. He is almost Australian in that sense which is why he should be the captain.

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year To me Yuvraj is not captaincy material at this point. Dinesh Karthick first needs to become a perm.. member of the team. We are better served making Yuvraj the vice captain for a couple of years before making him the captain. 35 is not too old, most cricketers today play till 38 /39. Ganguly is the most successful Indian captain ever, surely he can do better than dravid.

Ganguly should be made the captain. Simply for one reason, he is NOT a nice guy he has the balls to make the tough decsions. Dravid is a very nice guy and nice guys do not make good captains they are too soft. Ganguly has that mongrel in him to win at all costs, to dominate the opposition etc. He is almost Australian in that sense which is why he should be the captain.
Dravid is a nice guy? Try telling that to Sachin who was declared on 194!!! RD is anything but a nice guy, he's all buisness...yeah he doesn't wear his shirt on his sleeve but he's all about winning and the team. Why in God's name would the wall take a break for a year? What possible good would that to to teh team? They would lose their most consistent batsman in both forms of the game...how is that progress? Who is going to be made captain, i have no clue...but I don't know if yuvi is a great choice. I think they should keep the current group and start groomign some new talent, but this knee-jerk reaction is only going to drag us to further lows.

Re: Dravid should take a break of 1 year arre bhaiyon... i just wanted him to take a break as a gesture of protest... i think dravid's test captaincy record is not that bad...and infact he has won some historic series..as test captain... and if BCCI treat him as scapegoat..then he should just let the BCCI know ..what his value is in Team India.. a captain is as good as his team... during his captaincy...all the top models were out of form....now that Ganguly and sehwag seems to be on tarck..Dravid will not be captain...and again new captain will capitallize on the batting of rahul dravid.... so to teach a lesson to BCCI he should just take a break...