Why do Indian pace bowlers disappear?

Seeing the other thread about the merits of Sharma and Pathan, I thought would be a good time to think about India’s seam bowlers. My main point is that over the last decade or so, especially after the departures of Srinath and Prasad, India have tried many seamers of which some have made a promising start but then the majority have sunk without trace or faded with injuries. I hope Sharma does not fall into this trap as he shows lots of potential. Just off the top of my head I can think off: Tinu Yohanan David Johnson Dodda Ganesh Abey Kuruvilla Nilesh Kulkarni Iqbal Siddiqui Sanjay Bangar Sreesanth Munaf Patel Balaji Nehra Mohanty Even Zaheer had to go away to county cricket to rediscover his hunger Ajit Agrakar…(though in this case its how he always manages to get back in) :-D Why is this the case, is it a particularly Indian problem or just down to physical problems caused by pace bowling?

Mohanty was a decent bowler. But he somewhere stopped learning and improving. His spell was instrumental in beating Pakistan in the 99 WC when he bowled 10 overs in one go at the start at an economy rate of a little above 3. But he was dropped following one or two bad series and was never picked again. Though I think it was justified as he showed a complete lack of brain. When Kenyan batsmen smacked him like a high school kid, he was asking to be dropped. Most bowlers got over shadowed because we found better bowlers than them. I think we hit real gold when we discovered Nehra and ZAK. Then came Balaji. However Nehra and Balaji succumbed to injury problems and Zaheer has come a long way. Sree, RP etc are here to stay.

EVERY single young pace bowler goes through struggles and ups and downs. The problem is there is not enough done by the BCCI in terms of nutrition, fitness, and mental focus for these fast bowlers. As soon as a player gets unfit, he's dropped and pretty much forgotten about without any real resources and focus put on his rehabilitation. This is nothing new. The BCCI are useless when it comes to the overall welfare of cricket players unless they're out and out marketable stars. I mean look at the case of Sreesanth? He was developing along nicely last year but he's disappeared for the past 8 or 9 months because of a side strain and back issue. As stupid as this guy is, he was looking into getting "Auyervedic" remedies! How does the BCCI let the situation get out of control like that? Or when a fast bowler was reported missing by the BCCI and they couldn't locate him or whether he was due to be in the NCA or on a flight to a match?

Mohanty was a decent bowler. But he somewhere stopped learning and improving. His spell was instrumental in beating Pakistan in the 99 WC when he bowled 10 overs in one go at the start at an economy rate of a little above 3. But he was dropped following one or two bad series and was never picked again. Though I think it was justified as he showed a complete lack of brain. When Kenyan batsmen smacked him like a high school kid, he was asking to be dropped. Most bowlers got over shadowed because we found better bowlers than them. I think we hit real gold when we discovered Nehra and ZAK. Then came Balaji. However Nehra and Balaji succumbed to injury problems and Zaheer has come a long way. Sree, RP etc are here to stay.
i m not sure about sreesanth