Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad

so.... in a similar vein, do u guys think, Ganguly could have purposely had his revenge against Dravid..... He had a lot riding in his hands, being an opener..... he played slow and acted like the bowling waas too good and pitch very difficult... this could have eaten into the other batters' minds.... as well as the pressure to up the run rate while Mr. Ganguly was battling to save the test-match at a terrific SR of 50.....
I want to believe that he did not do it on purpose, but given how he loved the limelight as a captain riding on other people's performances, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled something here to get back the captaincy. Either way, what he did was totally unacceptable. An SR of 50 against Bangladesh. WTF?

so.... in a similar vein, do u guys think, Ganguly could have purposely had his revenge against Dravid..... He had a lot riding in his hands, being an opener..... he played slow and acted like the bowling waas too good and pitch very difficult... this could have eaten into the other batters' minds.... as well as the pressure to up the run rate while Mr. Ganguly was battling to save the test-match at a terrific SR of 50.....
That's ridiculous. Ganguly is 34. In all probability, this was his last world cup. We know this and he knows that. Why would he try a stunt like that in his last world cup?

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad different people have different priorities, Gambs..... Ganguly has fallen from the dizzy heights to a nobody and he definitely has a lot of grudge against Dravid and Chappell...... everybody knows who will get the boot, if india is kicked out of the tournament and u r also witnessing the unfolding of the events.... Also what you are witnessing is, already talks of reinstating Ganguly as captain.... it doesnt take a very smart man to know, that Ganguly himself was a prime candidate for captaincy, if india had a pathetic world cup..... so there u go, 2 of the straight-forward reasons..... revenge and/or captaincy ambitions....

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad As political as Ganguly may be, i dont think he would do such a thing. Every one knew, even if India had tried its best, it would have struggled to make the semis & hence Dravid's sacking was always gonna happen. He failed in only one game. There are others who are more answerable than Ganguly. Q to Gator: Why single out Ganguly ? Do u think Tendulkar (who is already a VC & tipped to be Dravid's successor), underperformed because he would get back the captaincy by forcing our exit from the world cup ? Do u now see, why these conspiracy theories make no sense ?

As political as Ganguly may be, i dont think he would do such a thing. Every one knew, even if India had tried its best, it would have struggled to make the semis & hence Dravid's sacking was always gonna happen. He failed in only one game. There are others who are more answerable than Ganguly. Q to Gator: Why single out Ganguly ? Do u think Tendulkar (who is already a VC & tipped to be Dravid's successor), underperformed because he would get back the captaincy by forcing our exit from the world cup ? Do u now see, why these conspiracy theories make no sense ?
Tendulkar got out for a pretty quick zero. BTW, Sunny's slow 36 in 75 was cause he didn't approve of Venkat's captaincy. So, there is precedence.

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad Tendulkar has likely played his last world cup game. Of all people, he is the one who desperately wanted to see us lift the cup. Theres no way, in hell, he would do such a thing. Criticize him for cricketing short comings, thats fair -- but conspiracy theories, hell no!

Tendulkar has likely played his last world cup game. Of all people' date=' he is the one who desperately wanted to see us lift the cup. Theres no way, in hell, he would do such a thing. Criticize him for cricketing short comings, thats fair -- but conspiracy theories, hell no![/quote'] I agree. But we are not talking about Tendulkar's quick zeros here. We are talking about Ganguly's slow ball eating 50 SR innings against Bangladesh.

The conspiracy theories of this thread are pathetic to say the least.
I agree it is pathetic. I don't think he would have stooped so low, but hearing Dravid saying that he was asked to accelerate makes you wonder.

I dont believe in these conspiracy theories - hiowever the truth is both of them were incompetent and their performances/non-performances did team India no favors. :shrug:
Agree. The biggest mistake was Tendu not opening.

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad Bumps.... is it a coincidence that Ganguly has the least SR among all the indian batters..... heck, how do u explain a SR of 80 against BERmuda when the team crossed 400..... He knows, how crucial RR was, at that time.... he never let himself loose, as we all know, he was capable of.... dont give me an excuse, he was holding one end up..... as in Bangladesh's case, you dont have to have a SR of 50 to play safe cricket.... tht is bogus....

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad India has always been a one man team. first it was sachin now its Dhoni. Dhoni was the biggest flop in the Indian line up and we just sunk. If you look at last 20 Indian ODI wins, dhoni would have played a big hand in 15 of those games.

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad Ganguly has a career S/R of 73 in ODI . Keep in mind he was a opener for most part.He is a slow batsmen in ODI by any standards. But granted his S/R of 61 in WC 2007 is well below his career S/R. He is no better than laxman in ODI , in my opinion. Both are slow, lazy , unathletic ODI players with weak arm and zero vertical mobility. Although , lax is good in slips.

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad The Career SRs of batters who have played since 90s have to be taken with a pinch of salt.... except Tendulkar, most lurk in the 70s..... In the last 4-5 yrs when scoring 300 is nothing, the SRs of most batters have taken a huge leap..... A batter, who played 20 overs of powerplay from BERMUUDA, and last 120 balls in total has a strike rate of 80 in a team total of 413... explain that.... Ganguly has been known to savage minnows.....

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad The only possible reason I can think of is-Ganguly found the goings tough be it BD or Bermuda and at any cost wanted some decent personal scores in stead of hitting out ! The vested interest seems to prove his perceived 'enemy within' wrong, after the ignominy he was subjected to. I have no doubt he would have gone for shots if he could.

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad The only possible reason I can think of is-Ganguly found the goings tough be it BD or Bermuda and at any cost wanted some decent personal scores in stead of hitting out ! The vested interest seems to prove his perceived 'enemy within' wrong, after the ignominy he was subjected to.