When Tendulkar Cried.

gator

NTIGUA, March 26: Team India is set to return home but most players have yet to recover from the sight of Sachin Tendulkar openly shedding tears after the loss to Sri Lanka on Friday. Tendulkar had tears streaming down his cheeks after Munaf Patel was caught on the squareleg fence by Chaminda Vaas. It brought to end India's disastrous chase of Sri Lanka's reasonable target and more or less shut them out of the 2007 World Cup. Tendulkar, who had contributed nothing to India's chase earlier in the day, being clean bowled by Dilhara Fernando, first tried to control his emotions but unable to do so, locked himself in the bathroom lest he made a spectacle of self in the public. A couple of junior cricketers in the side were so taken aback by the sight that they themselves started to cry. It's little secret that Tendulkar desperately wanted to do well in this World Cup and be a part of the winning team. The "little master" in his glorious career more or less achieved everything he set out to do, but his World Cup dream is unlikely to be realized now. Young fast bowler S Sreesanth's emotions got better of him as he too broke into tears. He was consoled by close friend Robin Utthapa, who on his part was so nervous and upset that he kept drinking cups of coffee. Sreesanth just couldn't stop crying and kept saying: "Why God did this to us?" While Tendulkar and Sreesanth gave vent to their emotions, fast bowler Zaheer Khan broke a chair in the dressing room. After making a spectacular comeback to the Indian team, Zaheer's colleagues said that he was desperate to make amends from the last World Cup final where he let his adrenalin get better of him. Rahul Dravid, by all accounts, was himself tearful while Sourav Ganguly, behind his glasses, sat stunned on his seat. Coach Greg Chappell had given up on the team during the match. As soon as Mahendra Singh Dhoni was out, going back and finding himself plumb in front to Muthiah Muralitharan, he got up and switched off the television. As far as he was concerned, there was little else to see. His vision and work of past 18 months had come crashing down in a matter of a week. http://worldcup.indiatimes.com/Extra_Cover/13th_Man/When_Tendulkar_cried/articleshow/1809621.cms

Re: When Tendulkar Cried. Really Chandan, That hurt? This is not the first time for Tendulkar, he did similarly when he was a captain and lost to WI in Barbados chasing 120 odd runs. I can understand his emotion but there is no point pondering over what is a bygone. Instead of worrying about the past that can't be changed they should look forward to the future and ensure never again they let go the opportunity to win even if it is against Namibia.

Re: When Tendulkar Cried.

Really Chandan, That hurt? .
Losing that tamely to Bangladesh and SL certainly hurt. I didn't expect great things from our team this time. In fact I thought that they'll certainly not be the best 4 teams, ie, the semifinalists. But not being even in top 8 was really painful! Anyway, had we lost 5 out of the 6 super8 matches, it'd have been even more agonising! So it was good for me that ended my agony quickly!