Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India

King

http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/24011/richards-ready-to-coach-team-india.html Sir Viv Richards likes to be involved with the Indian team and what he reckons is right it is not the ability but it is the mental make up that is lacking with the players. I'm sure Viv Richards can do a good job with regards to getting these guys ready mentally for a big game. He may not be a great coach tactically but the aggressive attitude and belief in oneself that he can bring can help the team immensely. I reckon guys like Sir Viv Richards or Steve Waugh are good candidates for coaching Indian team. The lap top plans don't seem to work well with the Indian players. As for captaincy, I reckon they should find some street smart player to don the captaincy. Rahul Dravid's immaculate planning doesn't seem to work at all.

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India more that a coach I think it's the captain who defines personality of a team. If we were an aggressive unit from 2000-2005 it was because Ganguly was leading the team. So it doesn't matter if Viv becomes the coach unless you have an equally aggressive captain on the field.

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India coach was never the problem for us..... fit and hungry 28 yr olds in the 03 WC are now tired and satisfied 32 yr olds..... kick em out, grooom some youngsters... which will obviously cause some losses.... which it did... but then the retarted colonel stepped into the party...

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India If you look at the history of great coaches, note there are very few in cricket as coaching is a relatively new concept in our great game...its very rarely that great players make great coaches. Of course this isn't a law, but there certainly is a correlation. This is because the game comes so naturally to great players that they rarely understand why others cannot grasp concepts easily. Ordinary players however had to work incessantly hard to achieve any form of success, these are the guys who know the value of diligence and training...not just god-given talent. For me these are the keys for a good coach: 1. Does not take any bull shit...regardless of who he is dealing with, we have too many "stars" and not enough people who step up 2. Know how to navigate Indian politics -- this is an area that Chappell clearly failed in, he couldn't weave around our system and you really have to be intelligent and know wh/ battles to pick. 3. Emphasize fitness and fielding from the start -- we just simply need to be fitter and sharper in the field. 4. Needs to lay down a clear vision -- I understand what Chappell was trying to do, but it never really panned out...perhaps there wasn't enough time, but there are no excuses.

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India more than a coach we need players who play for country rather than themselves. Unfortunatly our whole setup rewards selfish players. If you pick 11 most promising players and form India A and hold a 5 match ODI series against Indian WC squad. India A might just win the series.

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India Forget Viv, Dwayne Leverock will make a great coach. He's got all the qualifications: 1) He is a no namer as a cricket player (common trait in good coaches) 2) The passion that this man has is unbelievable. His celebration after he took that catch is stuff of the legends. 3) Playing for Bermuda, the guy couldnt be demoralized any further, after defeats. 4) He can instantly lift the entire team (I mean physically) 5) He can bring back our batsmen to form, by bowling to them at the nets 6) He will make a perfect coach for Irfan Pathan. (Pathan will either be a finished product or finished) 7) He can restore balance by taking the middle seat in the bus Leverock for coach