Let's not get carried away with this NZ win!!

After all, India aspires to be a top team in cricket. They were expected to win against this inexperienced and weak NZ team. I am surprised they could not roll over them with all the hype. It was a good tour and let's keep it at that. It would have excellent if they did not struggle in Napier and won the last test. For my money India is still just an above average team until they beat SA in SA and Aus in Aus. Without considerable fielding improvments, I do not see that happening. We will have to wait until end of 2011 for both of those tours to happen. Will the big 3 be still playing then? I doubt it, at least not SRT or the Wall.

Fielding is definitely the main issue. We need a new fielding coach who can bring about a change. SA in SA will be the toughest tour - they have a very formidable bowling attack, and to prevail against them in Tests in an Away series will be the ultimate challenge. Unfortunately, we have to wait and wait for that chance to come to test ourselves against them. If someone can :whack: Irfan Pathan into form, then that will be great. If he can be a strike bowler, and replace Daadaji Patel, then we have a good lineup. This team needs an in-form bowling all rounder, and we can lift ourselves up many notches. Batting has one weakness in Away Tests: Yuseless - he will need to tighten his technique big time, or we have to find a replacement. If. Yuvi hits form (in Tests), then it will be a good asset. Often in Tests, he faces second new ball and gets out, or good spin troubles and exposes his technique. Rest of the players will hopefully maintain their good form (incl ZK's red hot form) :isalute:

I would rate our team at #2 sharing spot with SA with Aussies couple of notches above. It is only for consistency.
we cant even (i wonder sometimes if we really want to) 2 matches together.look at what the aussies did to the kiwis recently-they demolished them 2-0.they are still the 8th ranked team which we left them off the hook.

I just don’t think Grandpa Patel is a viable long term solution as a third seamer – he doesn’t look the part and frankly never will. There is no menace in his bowling, he will never blow any one away or produce hostile spells. At the most he can keep it tight and nick an odd wicket here or there – But that is nowhere near good enough if India want to be the world’s best. This is a crucial position and India need a quality alternative that can both keep the pressure on as a third seamer and step up as a frontline bowler if needed. The Simpleton is not the answer.