India to play 30 ODIs and 12 test matches till end of 2007

King

May 2007 India to Bangladesh (2 Tests & 3 ODIs) July 2007 India in England (3 Tests & 7 ODIs) India in Scotland (1 ODI) August 2007 India in England September 2007 ICC Twenty20 Championship October 2007 Australia in India (7 ODIs) November 2007 Pakistan in India (3 Tests & 5 ODIs) December 2007 Pakistan in India India in Australia (4 Tests)

Re: India to play 30 ODIs and 12 test matches till end of 2007 That's quite a bit of cricket left for the year. These many games are going to be covered between May'07 - Dec'07. Add to this the VB series and countless number of ODIs in the VB series early next year. I think India has a lot of oppourtunities to groom the young players. I'm glad the test matches aren't ignored, it's good to see about 15 scheduled for the rest of the year.

Re: India to play 30 ODIs and 12 test matches till end of 2007 This is what should be the objective: May 2007 India to Bangladesh (2 Tests & 3 ODIs) Tests WIN 2-0 ODI's WIN 3-0 July 2007 India in England (3 Tests & 7 ODIs) TESTS WIN 2-1 ODI's WIN 5-2 India in Scotland (1 ODI) WIN 1-0 August 2007 India in England September 2007 ICC Twenty20 Championship October 2007 Australia in India (7 ODIs) WIN 4-3 (OK now wake me up) November 2007 Pakistan in India (3 Tests & 5 ODIs) TESTS WIN 2-0 ODI's WIN 4-1 December 2007 Pakistan in India India in Australia (4 Tests) DRAW TESTS 1-1 We will probably lose the test series 2 or 3-0

Re: India to play 30 ODIs and 12 test matches till end of 2007

New Coach and captain should have goal of winning 20 ODIs out of 30.. and winning/drawing 8 out of 12 tests...
That truly is a fair enough number and a good yardstick to measure performance. Wonder if BCCI has any yardstick for measuring performances at all??? Do they review the results after each year or do they let go the old series' and just worry about the current ones?

Re: India to play 30 ODIs and 12 test matches till end of 2007

This is what should be the objective: May 2007 India to Bangladesh (2 Tests & 3 ODIs) Tests WIN 2-0 ODI's WIN 3-0 July 2007 India in England (3 Tests & 7 ODIs) TESTS WIN 2-1 ODI's WIN 5-2 India in Scotland (1 ODI) WIN 1-0 August 2007 India in England September 2007 ICC Twenty20 Championship October 2007 Australia in India (7 ODIs) WIN 4-3 (OK now wake me up) November 2007 Pakistan in India (3 Tests & 5 ODIs) TESTS WIN 2-0 ODI's WIN 4-1 December 2007 Pakistan in India India in Australia (4 Tests) DRAW TESTS 1-1 We will probably lose the test series 2 or 3-0
You are half asleep and hallucinating :hic: No coach or captain will take up the job if your expectations are this big. :hic: BTW India has just made an exit from the World cup in the very first round. Let's get a bit realistic and revisit the expectations.

Re: India to play 30 ODIs and 12 test matches till end of 2007 Ravi which ones do you think are impossible? We should trash Bangladesh. Our gutless cricketers will be spineless if they cannot beat Bangladesh 2-0 (tests) and 3-0 (ODIs) in May after the WC debacle. I fancy our chances against ENG. PAK team is at a worse stage than Indian team. The IOZ series as I mentioned will in all probability be 3-0 loss

Re: India to play 30 ODIs and 12 test matches till end of 2007 Bangladesh should be beaten in both forms surely but I would say they are capable of winning a ODI atleast. As for Pakistan and England, India is no better than them. They both can beat India on their day as we have seen in recent past. I wouldn't bet money on India winning against both. I think England at home is a formidable team in test cricket.

Pakistan in India (3 Tests & 5 ODIs) TESTS WIN 2-0 ODI's WIN 4-1 India in England (3 Tests & 7 ODIs) TESTS WIN 2-1 ODI's WIN 5-2
Even if India wins the 2 test series and 1 ODI series I'll be happy. The margins you have stated is not realistic for India. How many times has India beaten Pakistan 2-0 in the past in a test series? I would take an 1-0 win against Pakistan and even 1-1 against England. India should be able to beat England in ODI series but against Pakistan I won't predict anything. They are pretty much in the same catergory as India in ODIs.