Woolmer's murder linked to Dawood: Report

Woolmer's murder linked to Dawood: Report KINGSTON/LONDON, MAR 29 (PTI) The investigation into Bob Woolmer's murder has received a boost with closed circuit television images clearly identifying people entering and leaving the Jamaica hotel corridor even as a British newspaper claimed today that there was an Al Qaeda link to the Pakistan coach's death in his room there. A Pakistan-based bookie was thrown out of Woolmer's room after a "blazing row", London's mass circulation tabloid 'The Sun' reported from Jamaica quoting "sources" which it did not identify. The match-fixer is an associate of Dawood Ibrahim, who is wanted in Al Qaeda funding and the Bombay blasts, the daily said. 'Sun' went on to quote "intelligence officials who tour with Indian cricket team" to say that the bookie was at the World Cup in Jamaica with Anees Ibrahim, Dawood's brother. Jamaican government officials said that Pakistani players had told the police of the row between their "mild-mannered coach" and the bookie. Two players were said to have spoken of a "furious bust-up" in statements to the police, the report said. Meanwhile, Mark Shields, Jamaica's Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the investigation into the coach's murder 11 days ago, told reporters in Kingston that about 28 hours of CCTV footage from two cameras at either end of Woolmer's hotel corridor on the night he died clearly identified people entering and leaving. The CCTV footage had been digitally enhanced and "there are some people in the footage that I had met in the week after the murder of Bob Woolmer that I could clearly and easily identify", Shields said. "I looked at a few still images myself and I am satisfied that I can easily identify people," he said. 'The Sun' report said the issue of the murder having links with Dawood had come up earlier but the police had not been able to substantiate it. "This issue has come up before but we have so far been unable to substantiate it. But we are prepared to consider it further now that we have names and more details. We will be investigating," Shields said. Shields said the next key step was to determine when the Pakistan cricket coach was attacked. Detectives were still poring over door key card records and other electronic data. "I want to make absolutely sure when Bob Woolmer died so that the crucial moment of footage could be narrowed down," he said. Shields, a former Scotland Yard detective, said that Woolmer had ordered room service sometime between 8 pm and 9 pm on March 17 evening and had sent a final e-mail. Police were still examining his laptop computer and mobile phone for clues. In a u-turn, Shields denied that there would be a second post-mortem report on Woolmer's body, a day after he had himself made a statement to that effect. "If there is any question of a second post-mortem it would be something I would discuss with the coroner and then announce," he said. http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=461567

Re: Woolmer's murder linked to Dawood: Report Another waste of time information. The Jamaican cops have just been floating all kinds of theories and blaming every freakin man on planet. I don't quite understand why they have to keep talking to the media every day. I think there is certain lapse in their work and are now just basking in the media glory.

Re: Woolmer's murder linked to Dawood: Report i may be jumping the gun, here..... but i find them rather inept..... a high profile coach in a hotel room with a decent amounnt of security.... murdered... takes em forever to climb every step...

Re: Woolmer's murder linked to Dawood: Report

... is like trusting my mama's fufi's bhanji's dada's puttar ki maaa ki behen ki story.
You telling me that story was not true? :wall: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I dont care if this story holds any water or not - but I dont mind cops from Interpol/Scotland Yard/Pak/Jamaica/South Africa getting medieval on D's ass :mad:

Re: Woolmer's murder linked to Dawood: Report

... is like trusting my mama's fufi's bhanji's dada's puttar ki maaa ki behen ki story.
You telling me that story was not true? :wall: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I dont care if this story holds any water or not - but I dont mind cops from Interpol/Scotland Yard/Pak/Jamaica/South Africa getting medieval on D's ass :mad:
I was talking about Don's mama's fufi's bhanji's dada's puttar ki maaa ki behen ki story :hic: Yeah D's ass needs to be nailed. Although I am sure Mushy nails it regularly while wearing his sexy Generalji ka outfit :lmao: