Anil Kumble ODI Tribute/Appreciation Thread

Don

Holds the most wickets in ODIs for India and also the best figures. Was a lynchpin in Azza's unbeatable home side in the 90's. Even though the rotator injury recked his ODI Career, after it he only got 64 wkts in 64 matches. The guy still remains a Legend in ODIs for India. Thank you Kumble the 337 Wkts but also more importantly for bringing the determination unlike any Indian cricket player.

Re: Anil Kumble ODI Tribute/Appreciation Thread

Holds the most wickets in ODIs for India and also the best figures. Was a lynchpin in Azza's unbeatable home side in the 90's. Even though the rotator injury recked his ODI Career, after it he only got 64 wkts in 64 matches. The guy still remains a Legend in ODIs for India. Thank you Kumble the 337 Wkts but also more importantly for bringing the determination unlike any Indian cricket player.
Sorry Don, created another thread without before seeing yours. Mods, you may merge them if you like. Thanks!

Re: Anil Kumble ODI Tribute/Appreciation Thread Better than all the prima donna batters we have had, unfortunate the bowlers are not given similar attention as the batters do. Good ODI career and it's a bit sad he didn't get a chance to change the fortune in the last game. As he said not every story has a fairytale end and that is the harsh truth. I hope the biggest match winner and the best player for ever for India (IMO) carries on his merry way in test cricket.

Re: Anil Kumble ODI Tribute/Appreciation Thread Its too late now to say this but I wish Kumble was a bit more forceful in his career. Please note that I did not say aggressive since Kumble is as aggressive, or intense, as anyone I have seen. But somehow Kumble always came across as someone who did his job and went home. Atleast to me it never seemed like he made a concerted effort to receive more than what he eventually did. I would have liked to see him lead India for a couple of years, in both forms. He, much like Dravid, is the player who never gives up and would never ask their players to do what they themselves would not. In this sense he would have been completely different to Indian skippers like Azhar and Ganguly. In the end a good eventful ODI career for Jumbo. Hopefully he shall continue his great Test form and scalp more wickets for India. xxx

Re: Anil Kumble ODI Tribute/Appreciation Thread Spot on, Lurks.... I so wanted Kumble to take on the captaincy after Azza.... He was extremely intense... determined and also has a good cricketing brain..... he wouldnt tolerate laziness or tantrums....

Re: Anil Kumble ODI Tribute/Appreciation Thread Thanks for the memories Anil....a fighter and a great team man...gave his all...I wish some of the bigger names in the team learn something from Kumble's commitment...and when he bids farewell to the test arena India would have lost one of their most dependable match winners.