Who is Knocking on the Door?

Who can replace Tendulkar ? My take is Tendulkar should come at No 6 in ODIs and Test Matches and also work on his leg Spin.... Jeez that guy is 33 and works hard. Team India should use this guys talent and not laurels... A better coach and a ruthless captain would easily transform him Who is Ian Chappell by the way?

Re: Who is Knocking on the Door?

SRT should quit ODIs :mad:
Thats the whole point of this post... I am not thinking of SRTs interests or laurels or How to give him a better farewell... This is about Team India and How we can use this Talent and experience by ironing out his deficiencies... I for one dont think he is done and dusted

Re: Who is Knocking on the Door? Like it or not, TS, neither SRT nor the team staff would be comfortable designating him a workman role. He is a legend & will always be treated like one. He must play only if he can show semblance of those skills. I'd rather groom a Manoj Tiwari or a Badrinath than use SRT at 6. These are precious years for the former two & its important we groom them before our entire middle order vamooses one day. PS: Who is Ian Chappell ? He may be a nobody now. But when he was waxing lyrical about Sachin's batting in the 90s, he used to be the best brain in cricket.