I do not understand

kabira

why Jaffer is even tried..He is not our long term ODI prospect. He is trying to play his unnatural game..Leave him alone for Tests.. We need to open with Dhoni or Pathan..One of them has to open and attack Polly..Right now Smith is happy with his plan of bowling Ntini and Pollock for 6 overs each..Somehow we have to force him change his plans.. I would say open with Dhoni and Pathan...fack them..one of them will click.. once we have bit of momentum, I am sure it will be easier for SRT, Laxman and Sehwag to carry on...

Re: I do not understand we absolutely need to do the following: 1. back to opening with sehwag and SRT. don't touch this even if they both score 0 every innings all the way through the end of world cup. 2. send dhoni in at #3 always 3. yuvraj comes in at #4 4. floater at #5 (kaif/VVS/...) 5. Dravid at #6 6. Pawar at #7 (he might be fat, but he can atleast bowl and bat on paper) 7. Irfan at #8

Re: I do not understand thats not working at the moment... Sehwag and Sachin are too imp players..and we are losing them in before 1st 5 overs...they are short of confidence... Rule says, send your in form players at the top of the order..right now Dhoni and Pathan are in good nick.. Send them once and win a game..get the momentum back.. SRT and Sehwag is ofcourse long term option..

Re: I do not understand Jaffer was never going to be a good choice in ODIs. He is way too tentavie. I feel he seems to struggle to understand whether he should play a lot of shots or should play anchor. If these guys including Tendulkar batted just like they do in test matches they will be better off. The wickets at the top were giveaways and none of those balls deserved wickets. It doesn't matter who plays where to be honest. When you have wrong personnel and they have no clue what they are trying to achieve there is no way this team is going to win. In test matches of course they have a better idea what each player is supposed to do and am hoping they will be good enough in test series.

Re: I do not understand In retrospect, I am happy for Gambhir. This guy has performed very well in the domestic games & thoroughly deserved a chance. If he had toured SA, in place of Jaffer, he'd have failed most likely & would have been dropped for the next tour. I hope we get hammered one more time in the final ODI so all the pretenders (Raina & Kaif, esp) are sent home for good.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: I do not understand

jaffer is vengsarkar's puppet and dhoni' date=' the spineless sperpent did not raise his voice and stand up for the number 3 spot, actin like a typical traitor....[/quote'] Gator he is newbie do u really think he can put his foot down viz a viz where he would like to bat..
Guest dada_rocks

Re: I do not understand

nah.... jus tryin to act like some begum' date=' DR.... dont read the content, jus the style...[/quote'] they will drop the poor guy if he does these things moreover it;s business of coach and captain who bats where