Full house

Re: Full house It is a shame even for the game between Australia v West Indies at Antigua the stadium wasn't full. The govt. declared it as a national holiday but people still kept away from attending the game. It is a bloody shame cricket has come to this pause in West Indies. :Cry:

Re: Full house

Can't blame the spectators if the tickets are so pricey.
Is the gate entry price exorbitant?
I think it started from 50 USD before super 8 when India and Pak was around. This is too high for the locals. Probably the organizers must have dropped the price down by now because even the Windies - Aus match was half empty.

Re: Full house some articles i read said cheap tickets were sold out... but people couldnt afford those pricey tickets .. and also they were selling tickets online, which westindians are not accustomed too.. so they were reluctant to go online.. Also read this from cricinfo commentry.. ======= Here's a tale of woe from Noel Beavis from the USA: "I bought tickets for the two Antigua Super Eight games this week. I know this is something new for the Caribbean but quite frankly the organisation was a shambles. I bought tickets on-line and picked them up at the St John's office - that took three hours. Some friends were injured whilst trying to get into the office due to the crowds. My tickets were in the temporary stand Get this. My row (32)did not exist. Luckily the place was half empty. We had to take a taxi to a meeting point and then a shuttle to the ground - that took two hours. Getting back the shuttle almost tipped as the driver was speeding in the wet. Even though the place was half empty many vendors ran out of food/beer. Some were selling hot beer and added ice upon request. The locals told me they could not afford $100 a ticket. All the cheap ($25)tickets went very early. We watched the first half of the Australia/ Windies match but refused to return for the Windies innings or the Windies/SL match. It cost me $8000 (for four) for half a day of cricket. What a disappointment. ========

India's World cup will be superb. Expect FULL HOUSES even for Warm up games. And ABSOULETELY STUNNING stadiums all round the subcontinent which are perked up especially for this event.
DAMN STRAIGHT!!! I wish we didn't have to share it with everyone. India deserves to put on a show by itself. Germany didn't share anything for the previous soccer World Cup ... ... and in 4 years, ... believe me if things are going the way they're going, we're gonna have plenty of world-class stadia. And the atmosphere ?????????? Puhlese!!!!!!!!!!!! Fogeddaboutittttttttttt.

India's World cup will be superb. Expect FULL HOUSES even for Warm up games. And ABSOULETELY STUNNING stadiums all round the subcontinent which are perked up especially for this event.
and if India gets knocked out in first round again then what will happen.

Re: Full house I was talking about the organisation of cricket not Indias performance in it. But rest assured we would have righted the wrongs from last time and would win the world cup in front 60000 passionate Indians in Mumbai come 2011.

I was talking about the organisation of cricket not Indias performance in it. But rest assured we would have righted the wrongs from last time and would win the world cup in front 60000 passionate Indians in Mumbai come 2011.
with no signs of ganguly, rahul, sachin retiring i doubt we will make it to semis.

I was talking about the organisation of cricket not Indias performance in it. But rest assured we would have righted the wrongs from last time and would win the world cup in front 60000 passionate Indians in Mumbai come 2011.
with no signs of ganguly, rahul, sachin retiring i doubt we will make it to semis.
four years is LONG time bhai.. I remember when we lost 2003 final, me and my friends were talking about 2007 wc and how we can easily win it since all big guns will be still there with exception of srinath.. but den......... ohh nevamind..