Chappell's 'report' targets seniors

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors

screw it, these guys are no-hoper prima donnas. vroomfondel talks abt discipline probs with Roy, Punter, etc--but NEVER ever did these guys openly bad mouth their own "maytes". therein lies the difference.
man stop holding the Ozs above everyone else. I have seen Symonds arguing on camera with his captain Ricky dubya, and he said more than 'I respectfully do not agree with you, my captain', atleast that's what I could make out from their faces. there was also a story of Martyn receiving some more than kind words from Hayden in dressing room, which accelerated his retirement. :shrug:

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors ^^ i think u r oversimplifying, my friend. marto screwed the "TEAM PLAN" on more than one occasion, and the last time he did it, he got very sound words from haydo. so what?? perfectly deserved. the OZ team lives and dies by the "TEAM" philosophy--one for all, all for one. if you cannot appreciate that very basic simple fact, pls dont follow team sports. but, more pertinently, my friend, did marto ever come up and said, "i retired 'cos haydo gave me the riot act in the D-room??" dont mix apples and oranges and make yr point without any obfuscation.

I have seen Symonds arguing on camera with his captain Ricky dubya, and he said more than 'I respectfully do not agree with you, my captain', atleast that's what I could make out from their faces.
yeah, i know that story as well. equivalent of zaheer khan sulking at dravid. punter is DA MAN in Oz team, and Roy knows his limits. Roy is still in the team cos Punter believes in him. and Punter adores dissent (within limits). he himself is something of a contrarian... u are ill-informed if u dont know that Roy (with his injury) is still in the WC squad, only at Punter's insistence, while binga isnt. so what's yr point, my friend??

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors I don't believe all has been hunky dory all the times within Aussie team either in the past. We all know the reactions of Blewett against Steve Waugh when he had to make way for Langer. Slater and Gilly's row was not even amusing. Usually in a team of 15 there are people with different views and not everyone has to be in great terms with each other. As long as they play as a unit in the middle these are simply not given much media attention. I don't mind seeing difference of opinion but to carry over such differences on a daily basis is stupid and doesn't suit grown men.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors ^^ exactly, mate. to put yr example in perspective, i dont think that blewett (if he was batting) would have told tugga (if he was bringing him a drink in the middle of his innings) to fack off. THAT is my point. end of the day, they still pull together as a TEAM. i think that is the point that u have always been trying to make--that this is a TEAM sport.

yeah' date=' i know that story as well. equivalent of zaheer khan sulking at dravid. punter is DA MAN in Oz team, and Roy knows his limits.[/quote'] and your namesake is very evidently not the MAN in the team. Whether it is because of Chappelli or the 'Despicable-Bengali-with-his-evil-regional-wand' (for the benefit of the true patriots on the board :wtg: ) or Tendulkar -- it doesn't matter. So what is it? Does Roy know his limits cause he's got the egoless-team-man-gene that is omnipresent in the antipodes? or does he know that any SHYTE gets him the boot. How do we, and Panicker, and his contacts know about this, while Dravid is still oblivious? And I hope he was oblivious.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors I know for a fact that Tendy's committment to the team or his country can never be questioned, his "attitude" problem may be that he's stopped believing in himself...but he is certainly copping the burden of the blame for this loss which is unacceptable. I don't want to judge on these "rumors" b/c they can certainly be placed out of context...I will say this: really talented teams often fail to achieve greatness because of infighting. Look at the Dutch in football, they invented total football but have never won the world cup because they are so often plauged by in-fighting. This issue may be pronounced in the indian team b/c everyone is from such different areas...people could possibly bond with people who speak thier own languages, or are of their own religion, own age-group etc. I will also say this, the reason why coaches exist is to stifle pointless bickering and focus the team. If the coach cannot do this, hten the coach has failed, i mean what else is the coach/leadership there for? To establish a vision and to follow that vision till victory I kept faith in Chappell...but the fact of the matter is he failed, he failed miserably in molding this team. If arguing contributed to our loss then perhaps Chappell shoudl refer to himself in his report...i really did believe in him, but you know what he never should up and said I take responsibilty. You can say what you want about Dravid, but he accepted the blame and answered the media with poise. So fcuk Chappell...i'm sorry if you screw up at least admit it...and stop blaming the players for your failure. The players are gettin enough shit, and quite frankly they should. One can only hope we learn for the future.

If this story is true then I say these are bunch of "freakin kindergarten kids" with absolutely no maturity and professionalism :mad:
Ravi, I'm not ready to believe even a word of this garbage. I'd rather believe Wright who has written the book in detail about these players and these players cannot change so much in just 18 months!!

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors ^^ u gotta be kidding me, if u really believe that these are :COUGH COUGH: adult pros who wont change when agendas change. get real. and the point was not under-performing to kill one's own careers, the point was sticking around on basis of past performance without any valid current performances to merit even being in the team.

the point was sticking around on basis of past performance without any valid current performances to merit even being in the team
Then the selectors have to be blamed for that. Why were they chosen? It was truly in hands of the selectors to drop these players. Why were they not dropped?????

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors Which senior would you guys have dropped? Ganguly? He was on song before the world cup, scoring countless half-centuries Tendulkar? He's the greatest batsman to play the game...and was finding some real form in the middle of the innings Dravid? Probably one of the best batsmen in the world today in both forms of the game Sehwag? Yeah I would have dropped him, but in fairness he was the only one who had any form in the tournament Yuvi? With his talent, and that 95 against sri lanka...it would be impossible to leave him out. Dhoni? I think he was ranked what 2nd or 4th or something amongst all ODI bastmen...so there was NOthing the selectors could do. Us fans have to realize 1 thing: Shit happens...and thats exactly what occured this world cup, things never got rolling...but stop saying that the selectors failed, and this failed that failed...no the players just didn't play they weren't focused period...there is no other explaination.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors cricajar, Now I understand. Actually this piece did not merit any discussion whatsoever. It is from indiatimes and too from TNN not any reputed news agency. At least I can give it miss. But I'll certainly ask Prem why he thought this piece was worth a discussion!!!!!

Which senior would you guys have dropped? Ganguly? He was on song before the world cup, scoring countless half-centuries Tendulkar? He's the greatest batsman to play the game...and was finding some real form in the middle of the innings Dravid? Probably one of the best batsmen in the world today in both forms of the game Sehwag? Yeah I would have dropped him, but in fairness he was the only one who had any form in the tournament Yuvi? With his talent, and that 95 against sri lanka...it would be impossible to leave him out. Dhoni? I think he was ranked what 2nd or 4th or something amongst all ODI bastmen...so there was NOthing the selectors could do. Us fans have to realize 1 thing: **** happens...and thats exactly what occured this world cup, things never got rolling...but stop saying that the selectors failed, and this failed that failed...no the players just didn't play they weren't focused period...there is no other explaination.
I think you'll have to ask Rahul because he thought these players were sticking around without meriting any present/recent performance under their belt. Thats why I said that if he thought so, he should blame the selectors. I prefer to overlook this garbage of a story!

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors If what crazyhorse is saying is true (and PP), ... I gotta say ... ... I'm sick to my stomach. Perhaps this is why Chappell had that purported motivational session before the Lanka match where he showed pictures of old ladies climbing over walls and other ardent Indian-cricket fans--in the desparate hope that on game-day, the selfish bas-tards would put their own self-interests behind the Team's. Shagird ka mirza (was that your monicker Rahul?) is correct: These guys are children. And now it's in Dravid's hands. We should persist with him as Captain and he needs to acquire a new skill set: show the little teenie-boppers WHO'S BOSS. If Zaheer and Agarkar aren't scared shitless of what Rahul might do to them if he found out their behavior, then he in fact is not fit be Captain. However, Team India's problem seems to be that no one else is either.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors if sree incident is true then there is nothing wrong with it. for a change our fast bowlers are acting like ones infact i am surprised off all the people zaheer and ajit were able to upset sreesanth. He should have shot back like he has done in past against so many international players. Now what disturbing is we chose to bat first against BD because we needed batting practise. They were confident fine but thats over confidence and no regard for BD team. Actually i find nothing wrong with that as well if you aspire to win the WC you have to feel like a champion.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors Chandan, Rahul is one of the most reliable members on this board, who has decent access to inside information.... if Rahul got the same insght as this article, there is no reason, why this article cant be true... and personally, i am not surprised..... u see the name of the usual suspects... the same names, that were removed like weeds by chappell and more..... after which we won 21 in a row and set the world record..... team unity is valued more than individual talent, unless u r playing utter minnow... which is exactly what u saw in this world cup..... i say, the remedy is simple... the results of experiments are recorded.... go back to the team that won u 21 in a row.... the same teams tht thrashed england, pak, sa, and srilanka....