IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

THE FINAL - DECCAN WIN - IPL'09 BETTING CLOSED ! Market Summary A few hangovers later I finally have a full update for you ! Every single bet placed along with the outcome can be found at the bottom of this post. 213 bets later, the games are now over, and in true Lalit Modi fashion, i'd like to say a few (or more) words. This season's Deccan Charger is Outsider who tops the table with $13,300,000. This season's Kolkata Knightrider is Goose with a miserable -$25,777,500. Oh dear ! The Man Of The Series Award goes to 2nd placed Shane, who with $12,865,000 just misses out on top spot - Shane you might want to check my maths ! Shane placed the second highest number of bets of any poster, proving the harder you work the luckier you get. Moreover, Shane didn't rely on the ridiculously priced Aiye Aiye Captain Index - a total debacle on my part ! Bowled Shane ! In 3rd place we have Don Sharma with $10,210,000. Don you had easily the highest strike rate of anyone this series (excepting Outsider but let's face it even a tailender can slog on his day), having placed relatively few bets with maximum effect. A pleasure to watch your bets! They oozed timing and elegance. You bought Chennai at 56 and sold them at 73 - they settled in the middle at 50! You sold Bangalore at 47 but remembered to buy them back at 37 and in five times the size! You saw value in the Aiye Aiye Captain Index but only staked $15k. Don, a true Bradmanesque effort. In 4th place we have Lord who placed the highest number of bets of any poster. Lord ended up on $5,146,500 but relied heavily on his the Aiye Aiye Captain Index which netted him $11,300,000. Lord, it's not just the runs you get but how and where you score them. Less Tendulkar perhaps, and more Ponting at his flat track bully best. In 5th place we have Bunny on $4,500,000. A good show somewhat hampered by his repeated selling of Bangalore, including $100k at 26 and another $100k at 30 ! Bunny, I'm afraid you lived up to your name and kept getting out to the same delivery. Cut out the bad shots and you'll go far ! Goose, the market-maker finished bottom, with -$25,777,500. To be fair to him, he did lose over $40,000,000 alone on the handful of bets placed on the Aiye Aiye Captain market. A top effort by him otherwise given he's taking on the collective cricket brain of everyone that plays with tight spreads and no option but to take the other side of all bets ! For that reason, he requests his loss not to be added to his $ICF total :-) In summary then I hope you enjoyed the IPL Spreadbet League and stay tuned for the ICC Twenty20 World Cup edition. ! Final IPL League Standings - Updated - Deccan Chargers Champions IPL 2009 ! [table=head]Rank|Player|$ICF 1|OUTSIDER|$13,300,000 2|SHANE|$12,865,000 3|DON SHARMA|$10,210,000 4|LORD|$5,146,500 5|BUNNY|$4,500,000 6|AMITS|$2,555,000 7|H4TE|$1,314,000 8|COWBOYSFAN|$120,000 9|HOLYSMOKE|$60,000 10|GAMBIT|$10,000 11|ATUL|$0 12|GAURAV92|$0 13|YODA|-$6,000 14|DESI CARTMAN|-$58,000 15|NANDYA|-$130,000 16|VIRURULEZ|-$687,000 17|PUNJABI KHOTA|-$1,040,000 18|FLAMY|-$2,700,000 19|ZUBINPEPSI|-$3,163,000 20|LUDHIANVI|-$6,544,000 21|RAJIV|-$9,975,000 22|GOOSE|-$25,777,500 [/table] THE FINAL - BIGSHOTS MARKETS ! SETTLED ! [table=head]BET|MARKET|CURRENT DECCAN BIGSHOTS|72-82|75 BANGALORE BIGSHOTS|58-68|100 [/table] bigshot rules : total number of sixes hit by 3 named players, 25pts per six hit, all 3 players must be named in starting XI for bet to stand Deccan - Gilchrist, Gibbs, Symonds Bangalore - Merwe, Taylor, Kallis MATCH 59 - DECCAN CHARGERS v. ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE - MATCHMAKERS ! SETTLED ! [table=head]BET|MARKET|CURRENT GILCHRIST OVER PANDEY|16-21|36 GIBBS OVER KALLIS|21-26|47 SYMONDS OVER DRAVID |13-18|64 R.SHARMA OVER UTHAPPA|16-21|7 RP.SINGH OVER P.KUMAR|0-5|18 [/table] matchmaker rules : run=1pt; catch=10pts; wkt=20pts; stumping=25pts; index can be negative; both players must be named in starting XI for bet to stand. MATCH 59 - DECCAN CHARGERS v. ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE - BET EXTRAVAGANZA ! SETTLED ! [table=head]BET|MARKET|CURRENT TOTAL WIDES|9-11|7 TOTAL RUN-OUTS|1.4-1.6|0 TOTAL BYES INCL LEG BYES |8-10|11 TOTAL FOURS|24-26|19 TOTAL SIXES|8-10|9 HIGHEST SCORE|63-68|53 FIRST OVER RUNS COMBINED|13-15|2 WIN MARGIN DC OVER RCB|2-12|6 TOTAL SCORE|290-305|280 SIXES - DC OVER RCB|1.75-2.5|-1 [/table] win margin rules : run=1pt; wkt=10pts; index can be negative. PURPLES AND ORANGES ! SETTLED ! [table=head]BET|MARKET|CURRENT HOW MANY TIMES WILL THE PURPLE HAT CHANGE HEADS?|1.0-1.1|1 (commencing Match 47) HOW MANY TIMES WILL THE ORANGE HAT CHANGE HEADS?|0|0 (commencing Match 46) [/table] Note - counting shall only commence from the time the first player places a bet on these markets. WIN INDEX SETTLED ! [table=head]TEAM|POINTS DELHI|50 CHENNAI|50 PUNJAB|25 MUMBAI|25 RAJASTHAN|25 DECCAN|100 BANGALORE|75 KOLKATA|25 [/table] [table=head]RULES|POINTS WINNER|100 PTS RUNNER-UP|75 PTS SEMI-FINAL|50 PTS LAST FOUR|25 PTS [/table] HIGHEST TEAM SCORE SETTLED ! [table=head]BET|MARKET|CURRENT HIGHEST TEAM TOTAL|211|211 [/table] AIYE AIYE CAPTAIN !!! SETTLED ! [table=head]BET|MARKET|CURRENT HOW WILL THE CAPTAINS PERFORM IN THE KNOCKOUT STAGES (3 MATCHES)|230-240|263| [/table] [table=head]RULES|POINTS RUN|1 PTS WICKET|10 PTS CATCH|10 PTS STUMPING|25 PTS [/table] [table=head]CAPTAIN|RUNS|CATCHES|WICKETS|STUMPINGS|POINTS GILCHRIST|85|2|0|2|155 SEHWAG|39|0|0|0|39 DHONI|28|0|0|0|28 KUMBLE|1|0|4|0|41 [/table] These markets in blue will be updated WHEN I DECIDE 24/7 and of course always after close of play to reflect the day's results ! Betting to be suspended 30 MIN BEFORE START OF NEXT MATCH. Leave your bets here and trades will be accepted/rejected basis your timestamp. I would like to propose a spread-betting game/module for the remainder of the IPL which may take a little getting used to but will ultimately be very exciting for everyone that plays. I am willing and able to run the game and guide everyone through it. If successful this time, you could consider making it a permanent feature of the site alongside other bet offerings. Competition Rules 1) The BLUE markets are my current two-way prices i am prepared to trade with you. Example. You think Delhi will finish as runner-up or higher then go ahead and buy Delhi from me at 68 and if they make the finals you've won 7 pts (75 minus 68) or even better 32 pts if they win the whole thing (100 minus 68 pts). However, if they don't make the last four you lose 43 pts (68 minus 25) etc. 2) Here's the bit that makes this betting format exciting. Assume you bought at 68 and after that Delhi go on a bit of a winning run and make the finals and i move their price to 85-89. You are able to lock in your profits by selling at 85 (thus making 17pts) or you could just run the bet to the end of IPL of course risking that they lose and end up with just the 75 points. Make sense? You can buy and sell at any time. Close out old bets, initiate new ones - the choices are endless. 3) When you trade specify how many ICF $ you want to bet per point - Maximum bet size is $100K. Minimum bet size is $1K. 4) Everyone's bets, both closed bets as in 3) and open bets will be marked end of each day based on the prevailing prices - bit like a share trading account. 5) The player that makes the most $ wins this league and all profit and loss to be added to your $ICF at end of IPL. 6) As market-maker i take other side of every bet placed. 7) Markets will be suspended during games and updated for fresh betting end of each day and remain open until before the start of next game the following day. All make sense? Don't fret, pick a side, have a think about whether i've undervalued it, or overvalued it and place your bets specifying your stake. EXAMPLE 'GOOSE - I WOULD LIKE TO BUY DECCAN AT 53 PLS IN $5k PER PT'. OR 'GOOSE - I WOULD LIKE TO SELL BANGALORE AT 45 PLS IN $3k PER PT'. ANYONE CAN JOIN IN AT ANY STAGE AND STORM TO THE TOP (OR BOTTOM!) OF THE LEAGUE. FAQ How does the Win Margin under BET EXTRAVAGANZA work? The Win Margin bet is quoted to cover both a result that's measured in terms of wkts and in terms of runs. The rules to remember are 1 RUN=1PT and 1 WKT=10PTS. So take Match 41 where I quoted 11-16. Along comes the toss and BRC field first, you know at that stage they will either win by wkts or lose by runs. If they win by 5 wickets the market settles at +50. If they lose by 35 runs the market settles at -35. Remember these markets are suspended before the toss occurs. Can we buy/sell from fellow ICFers...or do we have to deal with just you? (Sometimes the spreads might be too wide which I can understand is a pre-req for a market maker) That is not currently allowed. If and when we get a critical mass of players with a good grasp of the spreadbet concept, peer-to-peer betting is something i might well explore. In the meantime, my spreads will be attractive e.g win index spreads will narrow as we progress through the games and also as we get more players on board. What's the point is selling BRC @ 26? Just to make 1 point? Also, can you buy it back at 25 (with no spread) if they don't make the top 4? Some would say it's easy money. The fact that's there's still 1 point to be made indicates BRC can still mathematically qualify (or can they?) albeit unlikely. If they fail to qualify they 'settle' at 25 precisely and the bet profit & loss gets marked off 25. Until a market settles, all bets are marked on the opposing side of the market i.e. sales are marked at the higher price and vice versa. What's this BET EXTRAVAGANZA? How do i play? The BET EXTRAVAGANZA is a bunch of betting markets i offer on each and every game. Example - how many wides you think there will be in this match? My market is 9-11. Think there's going to be more than 11? Just go ahead and buy 11 and state your size in $k per wide. If total wides comes in at 15 you make (15 minus 11) times your stake per wide. Of course you can sell at 9, and same principles apply. You would lose (9 minus 15 ) times your stake per wide. Same concept as win index. So go ahead and bet on wides, run-outs, fours, sixes, etc for the next game. Example - GOOSE I WANT TO BUY WIDES AT 11 IN $25K PER WIDE. I sold Bangalore at 37 so why i have i lost money? What if they don't qualify do i make money? Gambit good question. Based on latest markets you are down -$185,000. Here's why...You sold RCB at 37 in $25k per point. To close that trade you'd have to buy at current price 46 so your profit and loss is (37 minus 46) times 25k = -$225k. You sold KPXI at 49 in $40k per point. To close that trade you'd have to buy at current price of 48 so your profit and loss is (49 minus 48) times 40k = +$40k. Add these two together and you have -$185k. -185k is just a measure of where you are valued right now given current markets - you haven't necessarily lost that money yet. Example - if you sold Satyam shares coz you thought they were going bust but the next day the share price actually went up your stockbroker would send you a statement saying you were down right? But your trades are still open and Satyam might still go bust and you could still clean up. Or you could lose your bottle and buy them back higher and guarantee a small loss...etc. If RCB and KPXI dont make the semis they will settle at 25 each and you'll make money. In the meantime the markets have moved against but they are only MY markets and I might have them wrong. So if you are convinced RCB are not making the semis then go ahead and sell some more at 42! Do I have to place a new bet every day - are previous bets void? What if I want to change a bet? Very good question.Your bets are not void, they stand forever, but of course you can trade in opposite direction in same size as Shane says, to close the bet and naturally that may well have to be at a different price. Try this - imagine you're trading shares - 8 different shares. You don't like the Mumbai share price so you sell Mumbai shares at 47. Then Mumbai loses to Deccan, Mumbai shares fall to 44, so you make money. You can buy back at 44, or you can hope they keep fallling, or you can even add and sell some more at 44! Hope that makes sense - remember you're trading shares. I set the rules and the markets. The cricket matches provide the economic data ! Look at Lord's bet history. He sold DC in 15k per pt, then watched them win and decided to buy them at $30k per pt albeit at higher price. He is now net long $15k DC shares after cutting his losses and turning his bet strategy right round. Why are there two numbers next to each team? The two numbers represent my two way price. You buy at the higher price and you can sell at the lower price. Sounds unfair? That's my perogative as tournament chief. I have to make money somehow whilst I'm taking the other side of your trades/bets. Think about buying and selling anything in life - e.g you tend to have to buy a car a bit higher then where you could sell to a dealer. In theory i've made the perfect price in CSK at 57-61 and i attract punters willing to sell at 57 and punters willing to buy at 61 leaving me with a handsome 4pt profit in the middle without taking any risk...that's the idea. Of course my prices are only my opinions and it's your job to identify opportunities to buy and sell. The $/pt is confusing. Should the 56 be the $ and should be I buying units like 1000 units like shares? Ok first forget all concept of $. I have assigned points to each final ranking in the IPL. e.g losing semi-finalist gets 50pts. Call it points, call it widgets, call it elephants or anything you like. I then set two-way markets in those points (or widgets). You can decide to buy or sell any team at any time based on the market i am quoting at that time. You can even have multiple bets open. Now, to make it more interesting, you can specify a stake i.e. how may $ per point (or widget). You trade on a two-way points market in a $ stake per point of your choice. Your running score will be stated in $. How can i sell if i have not bought it yet? You can buy or sell at any time - not a problem. If you felt Bangalore was a sure fire bet to not qualify you could sell (at 44) and collect 19pts (44 minus 25). That's the beauty of this format. Want to back a team and think i've UNDERPRICED them? Then you BUY. Want to bet against a team and think i've OVERPRICED them? Then you SELL. Where do you get your odds/markets from? I make them up. Just like you, I read the game, follow the points table, monitor injuries, and set my prices accordingly. One needs a firm grasp of cricket and probabilities. I can get it wrong though. Of coure I'lll skew my prices if i start to accumulate large positions on one team e.g. i almost certainly underpriced Bangalore at 33-37 and Shane was quick to exploit that by trading $75k per point at 37. I've moved Bangalore a lot higher now :-| If I sell Bangalore, do I earn 8 points only if they lose in the semis or if they fail to qualify for the semis? Assume you sold at 33 (market has since moved!). Should they be one of two losing semi-finalists you will lose 17pts (33 minus 50). If they end up in bottom four you make 8pts (33 minus 25). And don't forget you can close out a trade at any time you like, you don't have to wait for the final IPL standings. Player List And Bet History GOOSE - CHIEF MARKET-MAKER TAKES OTHER SIDE OF EVERY BET PLACED. H4TE BOUGHT DECCAN AT 50 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $3k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $25k per point (SETTLED AT 75) YODA BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 56 in $1k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT PUNJAB AT 35 in $25k per point. (TO BE VOIDED IF PUNJAB DO NOT REACH LAST FOUR) (SETTLED AT 25 - VOIDED) DESI CARTMAN BOUGHT DELHI AT 58 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 56 in $3k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) VIRURULEZ BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $4k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT DELHI AT 66 in $6k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT RAJASTHAN AT 54 in $2k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 66 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) SOLD BANGALORE AT 30 in $4k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD RAJASTHAN AT 40 in $2k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT DECCAN AT 56 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) PUNJABI_KHOTA BOUGHT DELHI AT 58 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT RAJASTHAN AT 51 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD BANGALORE AT 37 in $20k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD DECCAN AT 55 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) SOLD KOLKATA AT 26 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) COWBOYSFAN BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT RAJASTHAN AT 51 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) LUDHIANVI SOLD DECCAN AT 46 in $1k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) BOUGHT PUNJAB AT 41 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD BANGALORE AT 26 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD KOLKATA AT 25.1 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SHANE BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $75k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD DECCAN AT 46 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) SOLD DECCAN AT 51 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) BOUGHT DECCAN AT 60 in $20k per point. (SETTLE AT 100) BOUGHT MUMBAI AT 40 in $20k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT RAJASTHAN AT 63 in $25k per point (TO BE VOIDED IF RR DO NOT REACH THE FINAL) (SETTLED AT 25 - VOIDED) BOUGHT MUMBAI AT 37 in $40k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD MATCH 41 TOTAL WIDES AT 10 in $100k per wide. (SETTLED AT 8) BOUGHT MATCH 41 FIRST OVER RUNS AT 15 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 7) SOLD MATCH 43 TOTAL WIDES AT 8 in $100k per wide. (SETTLED AT 14) BOUGHT MATCH 43 TOTAL SIXES AT 11 in $100k per six. (SETTLED AT 13) SOLD MATCH 43 TOTAL BYES A 8 in $100k per bye. (SETTLED AT 4) SOLD PUNJAB AT 34 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD MATCH 44 TOTAL BYES AT 5 in $100k per bye. (SETTLED AT 4) SOLD MATCH 45 TOTAL BYES AT 5 in $100k per bye. (SETTLED A 0) BOUGHT MATCH 46 TOTAL BYES AT 8 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 9) SOLD MATCH 50 HIGHEST SCORE AT 62 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 79) BOUGHT MATCH 52 TOTAL BYES AT 11 in $100k per bye. (SETTLED AT 1) SOLD MATCH 52 HIGHEST SCORE AT 61 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 58) SOLD BANGALORE AT 62 in $75k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD MATCH 55 HIGHEST SCORE AT 63 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 56) SOLD MATCH 55 WIN MARGIN AT +3 in $50k per point. (SETTLED AT 40) BOUGHT MATCH 57 HIGHEST SCORE AT 65 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 85) SOLD MATCH 57 WIN MARGIN AT 10 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT -60) SOLD PURPLE HAT AT 1.25 in $100k per change. (SETTLED AT 1) SOLD HIGHEST TEAM SCORE AT 212 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 211) SOLD MATCH 58 WIN MARGIN AT 10 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT -60) BOUGHT MATCH 59 TOTAL SCORE AT 295 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 280) RAJIV BOUGHT MUMBAI AT 53 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 56 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT PUNJAB AT 44 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 64 in $50k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT RAJASTHAN AT 61 in $50k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD 'AIYE AIYE CAPTAIN' AT 130 in $25k per point. (SETTLED AT 263) BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 63.5 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) GAMBIT SOLD BANGALORE AT 37 in $25k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD PUNJAB AT 49 in $40k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) ZUBINPEPSI SOLD MUMBAI AT 47 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 56 in $3k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 48 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 60 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) SOLD DELHI AT 67 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) SOLD BANGALORE AT 33 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD RAJASTHAN AT 58 in $20k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT DECCAN AT 52 in $20k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) AMITS BOUGHT DELHI AT 58 in $12.5k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $12.5k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT AIYE AIYE CAPTAIN INDEX AT 160 in $20k per point. (SETTLED AT 263) SOLD CHENNAI AT 62 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) DON SHARMA BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 56 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) SOLD PUNJAB AT 44 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD BANGALORE AT 47 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT 'AIYE AIYE CAPTAIN' AT 140 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 263) BOUGHT DECCAN AT 59 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $25k per point (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD CHENNAI AT 73 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT MATCH 59 GILCHRIST OVER PANDEY AT 21 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 36) BOUGHT MATCH 59 SYMONDS OVER DRAVID AT 18 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 64) BOUGHT MATCH 59 R.SHARMA OVER UTHAPPA AT 24 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 7) BOUGHT MATCH 59 RP.SINGH OVER P.KUMAR AT 8 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 18) SOLD MATCH 59 GIBBS OVER KALLIS AT 18 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 47) BOUGHT MATCH 59 DECCAN BIGSHOTS AT 82 in /4100k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT MATCH 59 GILCHRIST OVER PANDEY AT -12 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 36) BOUGHT MATCH 59 GIBBS OVER KALLIS AT 40 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 47) LORD BOUGHT RAJASTHAN AT 53 in $20k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD DECCAN AT 49 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) SOLD BANGALORE AT 47 in $60k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT DECCAN AT 57 in $30k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) SOLD DELHI AT 67 in $40k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT 'AIYE AIYE CAPTAIN' AT 150 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 263) BOUGHT PUNJAB AT 35 in $25k per point (TO BE VOIDED IF PUNJAB DO NOT REACH LAST FOUR) (SETTLED AT 25 - VOIDED) BOUGHT PUNJAB AT 40 in $25k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD BANGALORE AT 33 in $40k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD MUMBAI AT 33 in $90k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD BANGALORE AT 27 in $95k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD KOLKATA AT 25.25 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT PUNJAB AT 41 in $20k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT MATCH 45 WIDES AT 10 in $10k per wide. (SETTLED AT 18) SOLD MATCH 45 HIGH SCORE AT 62 in $20k per run. (SETTLED AT 51) SOLD BANGALORE AT 30.5 on $60k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT MATCH 46 TOTAL BYES at 9 in $30k per bye. (SETTLED AT 9) SOLD MATCH 46 HIGHEST SCORE AT 63 in $10k per point. (SETTLED AT 43) BOUGHT MATCH 47 TOTAL WIDES AT 10 in $20k per wide. (SETTLED AT 11) BOUGHT MATCH 47 TOTAL BYES at 11 in $5k per bye. (SETTLED AT 19) SOLD MATCH 47 HIGHEST SCORE AT 63 in $10k per run. (SETTLED AT 62) SOLD MATCH 48 TOTAL FOURS AT 23 in $10k per four. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT MATCH 48 HIGHEST SCORE AT 66 in $7k per run. (SETTLED AT 48) SOLD ORANGE CAP AT 0.2 in $100k per chance. (SETTLED AT 0) SOLD PURPLE CAP AT 3 in $30k per change. (SETTLED AT 1) BOUGHT MATCH 49 TOTAL SIXES AT 12 in $10k per six. (SETTLED AT 7) SOLD MATCH 50 HIGHEST SCORE AT 62 in $15k per run. (SETTLED AT 79) SOLD RAJASTHAN AT 41 in $40k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT MATCH 53 TOTAL WIDES AT 10 in $10k per wide. (SETTLED AT 4) BOUGHT MATCH 53 WIN MARGIN AT 8 in $15k per point. (SETTLED AT -40) BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 63.5 in $70k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD CHENNAI AT 73 in $30k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) SOLD HIGHEST TEAM SCORE AT 212 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 211) BOUGHT MATCH 57 HIGH SCORE AT 65 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 85) BOUGHT MATCH 57 TOTAL SIXES AT 9 in $100k per six. (SETTLED AT 10) BOUGHT DECCAN AT 67.5 in $50k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) SOLD PURPLE CAP AT 2.25 in $50k per change. (SETTLED AT 1) BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 74.5 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT MATCH 58 HIGEST SCORE AT 69 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 48) BOUGHT MATCH 58 HAYDEN OVER UTHAPPA AT 14 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 16) SOLD HIGHEST TEAM SCORE AT 211.5 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 211) BOUGHT MATCH 59 R.SHARMA OVER UTHAPPA AT 24 in$100k per point. (SETTLED AT 7) BOUGHT MATCH 59 HIGH SCORE AT 65 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 53) BOUGHT MATCH 59 RP.SINGH OVER P.KUMAR AT 8 in$100k per point. (SETTLED AT 18) BOUGHT BANGALORE BIGSHOTS AT 68 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) NANDYA BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 61 in $3k per point. (SETTLED AT 50) BOUGHT RAJASTHAN AT 54 in $3k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT MUMBAI AT 45 in $5k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD RAJASTHAN AT 40 in $6k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) FLAMY BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 51 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD DECCAN AT 49 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 100) OUTSIDER BOUGHT 'AIYE AIYE CAPTIAIN' AT 130 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 263) HOLYSMOKE BOUGHT DELHI OVER MUMBAI WIN MARGIN AT 10 in $1k per point. (SETTLED AT 70) BUNNY SOLD BANGALORE AT 26 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD KOLKATA AT 25.1 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) BOUGHT 'AIYE AIYE CAPTAIN' INDEX' AT 165 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 263) SOLD RAJASTHAN AT 47 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD MUMBAI AT 34 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD BANGALORE AT 30 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) BOUGHT MATCH 43 TOTAL SIXES AT 12 in $100k per six. (SETTLED AT 13) SOLD MATCH 43 HIGHEST SCORE AT 64 in $20k per run. (SETTLED AT 64) SOLD MATCH 44 TOTAL BYES AT 6 in $100k per bye. (SETTLED AT 4) SOLD IPL HIGHEST TEAM SCORE AT 214 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 211) SOLD ORANGE HAT AT 0.8 in $100k per change. (SETTLED AT 0) SOLD BANGALORE AT 37 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 75) SOLD PUNJAB AT 33 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25) SOLD MATCH 58 WIN MARGIN AT 10 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT -60) SOLD PURPLE HAT AT 1.1 in $100k per change. (SETTLED AT 1) SOLD AIYE AIYE CAPTAIN AT 275 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 263) BOUGHT MATCH 59 RP.SINGH OVER P.KUMAR AT 5 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 18) SOLD MATCH 59 GIBBS OVER KALLIS AT 21 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 47) BOUGHT MATCH 59 R.SHARMA OVER UTHAPPA AT 21 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 7) BOUGHT MATCH 59 GILCHRIST OVER PANDEY AT 21 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 36) BOUGHT MATCH 59 TOTAL SCORE AT 305 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 280) BOUGHT MATCH 59 TOTAL FOURS AT 26 in $100k per four. (SETTLED AT 19) SOLD MATCH 59 WIN MARGIN AT 2 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 6) SOLD MATCH 59 HIGH SCORE AT 63 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 53) SOLD MATCH 59 TOTAL WIDES AT 9 in $100k per wide. (SETTLED AT 7) BOUGHT MATCH 59 FIRST OVER RUNS AT 15 in $100k per run. (SETTLED AT 2) ATUL BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 69.5 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 50 - VOIDED) GAURAV92 BOUGHT MUMBAI AT 46 in $100k per point. (SETTLED AT 25 - VOIDED) MAX 100 POSTERS ALLOWED TO PLAY THIS EDITION

can we play with our real ICF money? :orderorder:
That's for the Moderators to decide, however, i do suggest your total $ won/lost at end of IPL be added to your ICF money. Nonetheless this will also stand independent of ICF money. Hurry up and be first to place a bet ! I might decide to change my prices after the first few bets !

Don't worry h4te - all will be clear. So you want to buy DECCAN in $50 per point ? Note that you can buy DECCAN at 50pts based on my markets in blue ( i hope you didn't confuse 50 pts with the $50 stake?). Anyway - you are now LONG DECCAN at 50 pts in $50 per pt. 19 more players step forward.

i have no clue what i am doing: GOOSE - I would like to buy DC @ $50 per point as runner up edit: can you also throw in the DC cheerleaders at the same price?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: if he can, then im also in :winky:

Hi Triam - avoid the win and lose jargon. You fancy Chennai so you want to BUY Chennai. Ok great but note you can buy at 56 or sell at 52. Why you ask? As market-maker i am taking other side of the bet and it's my perogative to make a two-way price. Would you like to buy Chennai at 56pts in $100k per pt? See updated rules in blue regarding bet size - you might want to up your stake.

oh ok, this is like stocks....which i know nothing about....:hehe: should be interesting B->
Precisely ! Just like trading a moving stock market - the cricket provides the information and i set the market. I updated rules on bet size and took liberty of amending your bet to $5k per pt. Check original thread for details. Hope ok.

I assume you meant 56 not 58. Check bottom of original post for details of your bets. All will be clear and become exciting soon !
Yes sorry. Buy chennai @ 56, $1k/point. The $/pt is confusing. Should the 56 be the $ and should be I buying units like 1000 units like shares?

Yes sorry. Buy chennai @ 56, $1k/point. The $/pt is confusing. Should the 56 be the $ and should be I buying units like 1000 units like shares?
Ok first forget all concept of $. I have assigned points to each final ranking in the IPL. e.g losing semi-finalist gets 50pts. Call it points, call it widgets, call it elephants or anything you like. I then set two-way markets in those points (or widgets). You can decide to buy or sell any team at any time based on the market i am quoting at that time. You can even have multiple bets open. Now, to make it more interesting, you can specify a stake i.e. how may $ per point (or widget). You trade on a two-way points market in a $ stake per point of your choice. Your running score will be stated in $. Make sense?