IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

how can i sell if i have not bought it yet :orderorder:
You can buy or sell at any time - not a problem. If you felt Bangalore was a sure fire bet to not qualify you could sell (at 33) and collect 8pts (33 minus 25). That's the beauty of this format. Want to back a team and think i've underpriced them? Then you BUY. Want to bet against a team and think i've overpriced them? Then you SELL.

can I buy :kkr: kidding 50k per point or whatever on :dd:
Done - see OP for your bet confirmation. I assume you meant $5k - $50k is a little too punchy to start with. Feel free to correct me, though. Once I have 20 players i will start to collate $ totals won/lost for each player.

I would like to propose a spread-betting game/module for the remainder of the IPL which may take a little getting used to but will ultimately be very exciting for everyone that plays. I am willing and able to run the game and guide everyone through it. If successful this time' date= you could consider making it a permanent feature of the site alongside other bet offerings. I request this be made a sticky to give it the necessary traction. Here's the rules. First study the following. IPL WINNER = 100 PTS RUNNER-UP = 75 PTS LOSING SEMI-FINAL = 50 PTS LAST FOUR = 25 PTS DELHI 54-58 CHENNAI 52-56 PUNJAB 49-53 MUMBAI 49-53 RAJASTHAN 47-51 DECCAN 46-50 BANGALORE 33-37 KOLKATA 26-30 1) The first list are the POINTS assigned to each position in the IPL. That does not change. 2) The second list are my current two-way prices i am prepared to trade with you. Example. You think Delhi will finish as runner-up or higher then go ahead and buy Delhi from me at 58 and if they make the finals you've won 17 pts (75 minus 58) or even better 42 pts if they win the whole thing (100 minus 58 pts). However, if they don't make the last four you lose 33 pts (58 minus 25) etc. 3) Here's the bit that makes this betting format exciting. Assume you bought at 58 and after that Delhi go on a bit of a winning run and make the finals and i move their price to 85-89. You are able to lock in your profits by selling at 85 (thus making 27 pts) or you could just run the bet to the end of IPL of course risking that they lose and end up with 75 points. Make sense? You can buy and sell at any time. Close out old bets, initiate new ones - the choices are endless. 3) When you trade specify how many ICF $ you want to bet per point - maximum bet size is $100K. Minimum bet size is $1K. Everyone starts with $100K 4) Everyone's bets, both closed bets as in 3) and open bets will be marked end of each day based on the prevailing prices - bit like a share trading account. Note, everyone that plays starts with $100 but don't go for broke with your first few stakes since once you hit -$100K you will be out of credit and no longer be able to play. 5) The player that makes the most $ wins and bonus points for anyone that ends up with more $ than me the odds-maker. 6) As market-maker i also start with $100K and of course carry on no matter how much i lose. 7) Markets will be suspended during games and updated for fresh betting end of each day and remain open until before the start of next game the following day. Stay tuned for detailed rules on when you can and cannot bet. All make sense? Don't fret, pick a side, have a think about whether i've undervalued it, or overvalued it and place your bets specifying your stake. EXAMPLE - 'GOOSE - I WOULD LIKE TO BUY DECCAN AT 50 PLS IN $5 PER PT'. I will launch the game once i have 20 punters willing to play. Anyone can join in at any time. FAQ The $/pt is confusing. Should the 56 be the $ and should be I buying units like 1000 units like shares? Ok first forget all concept of $. I have assigned points to each final ranking in the IPL. e.g losing semi-finalist gets 50pts. Call it points, call it widgets, call it elephants or anything you like. I then set two-way markets in those points (or widgets). You can decide to buy or sell any team at any time based on the market i am quoting at that time. You can even have multiple bets open. Now, to make it more interesting, you can specify a stake i.e. how may $ per point (or widget). You trade on a two-way points market in a $ stake per point of your choice. Your running score will be stated in $. how can i sell if i have not bought it yet? You can buy or sell at any time - not a problem. If you felt Bangalore was a sure fire bet to not qualify you could sell (at 33) and collect 8pts (33 minus 25). That's the beauty of this format. Want to back a team and think i've UNDERPRICED them? Then you BUY. Want to bet against a team and think i've OVERPRICED them? Then you SELL. PLACE YOUR BETS...NOW !!!!!!!!!! PLAYER LIST H4TE BOUGHT DECCAN AT 50 in $5k per point. BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $3k per point. YODA BOUGHT CHENNAI AT 56 in $1k per point. DESI CARTMAN BOUGHT DELHI AT 58 in $5k per point.
Qw9oX-kZ_9k

:yawn2: I dont have the patience to read the huge first post .. otherwise I would have played the game :yawn2:
arey yaar just put 5-10k per point on a team which u think will get to the finals.. if it does then the value of team goes up .. just put some money and get ready to lose :((

:yawn2: I dont have the patience to read the huge first post .. otherwise I would have played the game :yawn2:
nothing worth having in life is free of obstacle. it's very simple - spend two minutes. trust me it will change your whole enjoyment of IPL as you know it.

arey yaar just put 5-10k per point on a team which u think will get to the finals.. if it does then the value of team goes up .. just put some money and get ready to lose :((
nothing worth having in life is free of obstacle. it's very simple - spend two minutes. trust me it will change your whole enjoyment of IPL as you know it.
I still dont want the read the long post :yawn2: But let me bet because thats I am addicted to sattebaji I will buy Bangalore at 37 points for 4K for each point ktnxbye