Who does ICF want to see ...

Re: Who does ICF want to see ... Dav Whatmore had initially declared his interest for the cursed job once the BCCI were recruiting following Wright's departure. He put all his calls on hold and postponed the signing of his new contract with the Bonglastanis in the hope that he would be considered. The BCCI eventually short listed Chappell, Moody and Haynes and he was out of the picture. Now that the BCCI are beginning another recruitment drive, and now that we are certain that Whatmore is interested i'd say he should be the front-runner. Whether the prospect of luring a World Cup winning coach, the kind who is fully acclimitised to subcontinental cricket and knows our style of cricket inside out - crosses the inept minds of BCCI tools, is very doubtful. But yeah, if i had my way - i'd pull out all the stops and buy him a first class ticket from Chittashlong to Bangalore. In all likelihood the tools will either; 1) give Chappell an extension and sack the seniors, or 2) bring in somebody like Patil. The latter is the more preferable option, but would the status quo ever change with him in charge ? Would our millionaire primadonnas be willing to take counsel with a nobody like him ? Bear in mind that Patil's last stint with the Indian cricket team in '96 ended within 2 weeks. There is a reason for that. He would do a magnificent job in moulding young, ambitious cricketers (like he did with Gambhir, Dhoni, SS Paul, etc. when no one had even heard about them) but in order for a manager to command the utmost respect and stamp his authority on the seniors of the side; he needs to have a reputation to fall back on. Can you imagine those arrogant pr1cks like Gangulaaaay, Zaheer Khan, etc. playing a certain way as per Patil's request ? I can't. If big-shot Chappell couldn't handle 'em, how will this guy fare any better. Niether have the experience of working with larger than life cricketing figures, and this is where Whatmore comes out trumps.

Re: Who does ICF want to see ... Chappell should get out of this mess and get a life. I feel pity for this man who tried his best and got sandwitched between the egos of players and heavy demands of BCCI/fans. India needs to first appreciate the service of a foreigner before they get one in so give a chance this time around to an Indian coach. Patil/Amarnath/Gavaskar/Shastri or anyone who can find unity among these diverse crown and make things happen. Rest Tendulkar, Agarkar and Gangully for the BD tour. Resting would convey a more appealing tone than axing them. Get few youngsters like Tiwary, Badrinath for this tour since they have played before at BD during India A tours. Call kaif and Powar back into the team.

Re: Who does ICF want to see ... Chapell is unlikely to atay.....specially after the report he has given to the bcci becomes public....The mafia will throw him out. I say sandeep patil. One question......has mohinder amarnath ever coached a decent team with any degree of success?I ask the question because he apparently is top of the list of ex players who are in favour of Indian coach. The only problem with having patil (in my opinion) is that Indian cricket becomes too "mumbai heavy" BCCI chief VC Chief selector (with his known bias towards mumbai players...) patil ..........all from mumbai..... Or is it just me? :chin: :roll:

Re: Who does ICF want to see ... Ever since vengy became chief selector not only did we see return of tried-n-tested but a major difference between coach's vision and selectors vision. After CT debacle to shut public outcry we saw return of ganguly and zaheer, which did pay off till both were trying to settle in but as soon as they settled down its return to same old nonsense. Bhaji's performance/attitude with and without ganguly in team is so dramatic that i just want him out of the team. Munaf no matter how good a bowler you are with that kind of fielding effort sorry there is no place for you in ODIs. RP singh, Sreesanth both pace bowler look at the way they field. We have to lower our expectations from Sachin, he will be brilliant every now and then but there will be failure which we either live with or take the boldest step ever taken by any India selector. Should Chappell go ? Well if team isnt going to implement his ideas then why should he go or even take responsibility for early exit. I am yet to hear any of the top players take any responsibility for the shameful performance. Not a word from Dravid, nothing from Sachin, ganguly is a hero so why should he say anything. Do we need a new coach ? Yes if selectors dont plan to be insync with the current one. Do we need a new captain ? depends on who they identify as next captain. If its yuvraj then stick with dravid till yuvraj is ready or go SA way. Unfortunatly the only one who comes across as a leader isnt even in the playing XI. I am talking about dinesh kartick. Give the captain full freedom if someone doesnt come across as a team player the captain should throw him out. The problem with current team is if Sehwag or yuvraj were to become captain then they are bound to look out for each other including bhaji, zaheer, ganguly. The worst thing would be return of ganguly/wright combo. We might see short gains but in a longer run we will lose big time.

Re: Who does ICF want to see ... Welcome Back radhika..BTW..from the winter hibernation.. :hic: and Regarding the OP.. as it is evident... there are some serious issues within the team... Zaheer should be given a good dressing and must be asked to apoligize to Sreesanth's family... Ganguly should not go to BD for ODIs...and we should send him for Eng tour..and i am sure he will fail in the seaming and bouncy conditions of Eng and will be forced to retire from ODIs and Tests... Tendulkar should be asked to attack..attack and attack..while opening in ODIs....with GAMBHIR Sehwag needs to do some Farming job for one year..as a bonded labour in Najaphgarh....to return back to fitness and alertness... Bhajji and Yuvi must be asked to develop some manners and positive attitudes..not arrogance... Kick Out chappel....his methods does not apply to indian systems... we Need Dev Whatmore....AT ANY COST.... We Need Sreenath or Venky as bowling coach ASAP.