Sooo.... Badri got moved up the order...

Sachinism

but Zubin why cant u see it this way..ok he was made to open albeit the fact that' date=' it is not his customary position..but he shd have made use of this opportunity and played a run a ball innings because i am sure Hayden wud have gone all guns blazing at the other end..so why dont u blame Badri for this failure..beats me[/quote'] What failure? He just scored a great 40 a few days ago which is like a 100 in ODIs. He failed in one game when sent out of position. So what? Plus the team won. So even a bigger what?

but Zubin why cant u see it this way..ok he was made to open albeit the fact that' date=' it is not his customary position..but he shd have made use of this opportunity and played a run a ball innings because i am sure Hayden wud have gone all guns blazing at the other end..so why dont u blame Badri for this failure..beats me[/quote'] im not blamin him.. cuz i know hes a wase as an opener or a slogger.. he shudnt be playing as an opener in the 1st place.... wud i b blame jogi for not takin a wkt.. no.. i wud blame the noobhead who selects him in the team..

What failure? He just scored a great 40 a few days ago which is like a 100 in ODIs. He failed in one game when sent out of position. So what? Plus the team won. So even a bigger what?
first of all i am not saying he is a failure in this IPL..i am talking abt this match..so let me get that straight.. i also want him to do well but when he fails and u guys blaming Dhoni for that is really OTT..

but Zubin why cant u see it this way..ok he was made to open albeit the fact that' date=' it is not his customary position..but he shd have made use of this opportunity and played a run a ball innings because i am sure Hayden wud have gone all guns blazing at the other end..so why dont u blame Badri for this failure..beats me[/quote'] Ok, he did not - but giving him opening position suddenly in one match, and then writing him off as a failure is not correct. Give him a proper position (even if he must magically open) and then give him a run at that, then if he fails - drop him from IPL squad as not fit for T20. Or, just pick M.Vijay who is an opener himself. Anyway - I think most of the previous (a year or two ago) praises for Badri were mainly for the 5-day format which he seems to be well suited to. He has not been a slogger.

if u had read the posts here u wudnt have wasted typing tht trash.. no one is saying badri is a great player.. yes he seems like a one dimensional player.. so u either play him at his best position or drop him .. simple innit?? so y play him then.. best to drop him n play better players rite???
With the way he's playing with the chances given (never raising his hand up and playing to the end but relying on others like Raina, Hayden etc. to fire) he'll be dropped soon. The fact that he's even in the team is Dhoni's good faith in his talent. Or else, they would have shipped him back instead of Vidyut. He should be counting his lucky stars that M Vijay hasn't taken over his spot already as he's shown more usefulness at the top of the order. If I were a captain and had Hayden, Raina, Morkel + Oram in my side, why the f' should I give a #4 spot to a guy who's not a pinch hitter in a 20/20 game??? I'd rather go for Oram or Morkel especially if it's in the last 5 overs... It's ridiculous that you are asserting that someone with a 124.84 strike rate should come above people regularly having 150+ at a time when you have to slog every ball. It's simple, he sucks at opening and he's useless at the middle. The only reason he's in is b/c of the 4 player rule, if not, they'd have replaced him with an international player already. I hope dhoni drops him next game for Vijay and ends the debate.

Ok, he did not - but giving him opening position suddenly in one match, and then writing him off as a failure is not correct. Give him a proper position (even if he must magically open) and then give him a run at that, then if he fails - drop him from IPL squad as not fit for T20. Or, just pick M.Vijay who is an opener himself. Anyway - I think most of the previous (a year or two ago) praises for Badri were mainly for the 5-day format which he seems to be well suited to. He has not been a slogger.
u always think too much dont u..and u think negatively who the fuc k here said that he is gonna be dropped from Chennai squad just for this match performance..no one said that..and no one is writing him off as a failure..so pls dont bring all that stuff here

@Blueblood: ^ If its an opener that M$D needs, then he should opt for M.Vijay - trying to fit and squeeze a middle order bat as an opening bat does not always work (exceptions like Sehwag will be there). @satishg: You've been harsh on Badri all through this IPL. So, that led to that thought that you consider him a failure. Maybe he cannot succeed in T20, but we cannot say that without trying him out in the middle order. And, if he fails inspite of being given a decent run, yep he should be dropped, no questions. Again, the number of opportunities that someone like Rohit got in the national squad (not domestics, but national squad) despite repeated failures - anyway you get the point - what is fair or unfair. You cannot just discard someone as "did not grab the chances", before giving proper chances.

first of all i am not saying he is a failure in this IPL..i am talking abt this match..so let me get that straight.. i also want him to do well but when he fails and u guys blaming Dhoni for that is really OTT..
Man we are going in a loop. When you send a non-opener to open and the guy fails, it is fair to criticize the captain who sends him in rather than the player who was asked to play out of position. What you said makes sense if someone *****ed at the captain for sending him in at #3 or #4 or #5 and he fails. Some of you need to understand that most people who come to these forums do have some brains. Yes we all have different POVs, but no need to assume that anyone who doesn't share your POV is stupid or a dick-head or a loser or whatever. And this is not directed at the OP.

@Blueblood: ^ If its an opener that M needs, then he should opt for M.Vijay - trying to fit and squeeze a middle order bat as an opening bat does not always work (exceptions like Sehwag will be there). @satishg: You've been harsh on Badri all through this IPL. So, that led to that thought that you consider him a failure.
no i dont think he is a failure at all..his 45 the other nite was a really good innings..but i think some ppl out here are hyping him too much and thats wat i am against

:haha: so a turn around.. so badri is not a failure in this IPL.. I see.. he is a failure in this IPL.. he scored only in 2 matches where he came 4th.. the rest of the matches he flopped big time.. so how come askin a player to open who flopped as a slogger n whos scored only twice and tht too when coming in no.4, can be a good decision??? how can blaming dhoni b OTT?? i ll tell u something.. jus stick to one view.. u make quite a lot of turnarounds except praising Dhoni

Man we are going in a loop. When you send a non-opener to open and the guy fails, it is fair to criticize the captain who sends him in rather than the player who was asked to play out of position. What you said makes sense if someone *****ed at the captain for sending him in at #3 or #4 or #5 and he fails. Some of you need to understand that most people who come to these forums do have some brains. Yes we all have different POVs, but no need to assume that anyone who doesn't share your POV is stupid or a dick-head or a loser or whatever. And this is not directed at the OP.
i never assumed that..anyways i think u meant the other posters there but my point is u got to have a flexible team to win matches against strong opponents..MSD looks at Vijay and Badri..and he thinks ok there is just 1 spot and that too as an opener..Shd he go for Vijay or Badri..well Badri looks to him as a better player and he thinks Badri will adapt if he does send him as an opener..so he decides tol go with him Ok if MSD had thought like that and chosen Badri over Vijay tell me how it is wrong

:haha: so a turn around.. so badri is not a failure in this IPL.. I see.. he is a failure in this IPL.. he scored only in 2 matches where he came 4th.. the rest of the matches he flopped big time.. so how come askin a player to open who flopped as a slogger n whos scored only twice and tht too when coming in no.4, can be a good decision??? how can blaming dhoni b OTT?? i ll tell u something.. jus stick to one view.. u make quite a lot of turnarounds except praising Dhoni
can u show me where i had said he is a failure in the IPL before please.. all the time i was against some posters hyping up Badri and telling that he shd play tests this that..i have always had an argument only in that regard..i have never criticized his IPL performances before except for this thread and todays match

With the way he's playing with the chances given (never raising his hand up and playing to the end but relying on others like Raina, Hayden etc. to fire) he'll be dropped soon. The fact that he's even in the team is Dhoni's good faith in his talent. Or else, they would have shipped him back instead of Vidyut. He should be counting his lucky stars that M Vijay hasn't taken over his spot already as he's shown more usefulness at the top of the order. If I were a captain and had Hayden, Raina, Morkel + Oram in my side, why the f' should I give a #4 spot to a guy who's not a pinch hitter in a 20/20 game??? I'd rather go for Oram or Morkel especially if it's in the last 5 overs... It's ridiculous that you are asserting that someone with a 124.84 strike rate should come above people regularly having 150+ at a time when you have to slog every ball. It's simple, he sucks at opening and he's useless at the middle. The only reason he's in is b/c of the 4 player rule, if not, they'd have replaced him with an international player already. I hope dhoni drops him next game for Vijay and ends the debate.
Thank you.. atlast some sense..again im not saying Badri is a great player n he must play.. he seems to fit only in the middle order.. anything else he seems a waste in T20.. so if u cant use him there, then its better to drop him ..innit? and ur last line.. thts wat i was getting at all along.. but as usual the worshippers have their blinkers on n they dont see tht fyi. morkel and oram fecked up big time in this IPL.. dont let me start on not using other foreign players.. lol...

i never assumed that..anyways i think u meant the other posters there
Ofc not. That's why it is was not directed at the OP (you)
but my point is u got to have a flexible team to win matches against strong opponents..MSD looks at Vijay and Badri..and he thinks ok there is just 1 spot and that too as an opener..Shd he go for Vijay or Badri..well Badri looks to him as a better player and he thinks Badri will adapt if he does send him as an opener..so he decides tol go with him Ok if MSD had thought like that and chosen Badri over Vijay tell me how it is wrong
I thought M Vijay was doing fine as an opener only recently being given chance to replace Parthiv. So what is the point in changing that so soon? I thought Badri did great just recently when he came in at number 4. What is the point in changing that again? I read that Oram was injured, so they had to bring in another foreign player and they brought in a bat, so dropped Vijay and hence asked Badri to open. If this is the case, then they didn't plan properly. You shouldn't be forced to shuffle around your openers when an all rounder gets injured. And if you couldn't avoid that and were forced to make this change, it is ok. Just treat it as a failed experiment, not a failed player.

Some of you need to understand that most people who come to these forums do have some brains. Yes we all have different POVs, but no need to assume that anyone who doesn't share your POV is stupid or a dick-head or a loser or whatever. And this is not directed at the OP.
and this came from the MOD... wonder how he became a mod..when he cant put his brain in a stable condition.. and he had the galls to send me a warning for calling Dhoni as Dhobi n saying he whines likea hore.. :cantstop: lol.. ps.now morris will come n lock this thread.. :--D

I agree that it was a weird move to have Badri open, but that is the way Dhoni captains. Playing under him, you should be ready for such surprises. Badri has looked in good form at no.4, but Dhoni getting back his form IS more important. So, yes he is being shafted. But, T20 WC is around the corner and Dhoni needs to be in prime touch. I don't blame either Dhoni or Badri. Badri just seems to be at the right place at the wrong time. I wish him good luck and hope he makes it to the one-day and test squads. In retrospect, it wasn't as if Badri got jacked by a banana swinger. He played a rash shot, everyone does. Yes, he needs more chances. But, whose slot does he fill?

Hai y'all saying Badri's not being given enough chances. From someone who actually follows our domestic cricket religiously:

Badri got chances in tour games and against A teams. Against attacks much better than those he faces in Ranjis, he didn't make runs. When he hung around the crease for a while, he produced some painfully slow knocks that gave the impression he lacked all the shots to really take on top quality bowling. Consistent showings like 10 in 52 balls, 2 off 21, 16 off 62 and 36 off 92 indicate that even if you're at the crease for a while, you're not capable of making runs (which is the key) against such quality attacks. Those, btw, are scores from recent matches against attacks featuring Lee, Clark and Johnson (Aus), Ishant, Nehra and Nanda (Delhi) and Doug Bollinger, Noffke and McGain (Aus A). He's had his chances, and failed to take any of them. Pujara on the other hand is grabbing lots of attention and deservedly so, given his runmaking exploits. He's been piling on big scores against all and sundry recently, and Rohit's really caught the eye recently with his ton v. the Aussie tourists, and a follow up century in a single session for Bombay. I think those two and Kaif should be front-runners for the middle order berth, and I would be happy to see any of them given a chance.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=515760&postcount=21 AND, what should Badri do?
Make runs the next time he's given chances against international standard attacks. Hanging around the crease for torturously slow knocks like 2 off 21, 14 off 32 and 10 off 53 against an Australia/Australia A attack this season didn't help his cause. At that time, he had a very strong chance of moving into the test team. He did nothing in those knocks, whereas Yuvraj and Rohit both collared the Australia attack and even Parthiv, Jaffer and Irfan smashed a few runs. When everyone around you is scoring runs against an international outfit, but you're pottering around the crease and struggling to get it off the square...
Kthxbye. So far, he's failed almost everytime he's been given a chance. And, I still don't understand why its Dhoni's fault that Badri didn't do his job well. WTF.

I think a better question/criticism for Dhoni should be: Why is he underbowling S Tyagi every game? The guy bowls superbly but is given only 2 overs every game while Balaji (who sucks compared to Tyagi) gets 3 and even 4 every game. At least let the guy finish his quota of 4 quickly at the start if you are scared he'll screw up at the death overs due to inexperience.