Another legend in tears, this WC has seen it all

King

Re: Another legend in tears, this WC has seen it all Yoda, Lara has scored some runs in this WC. His 70+ against Australia was a fantastic knock. I think the pressure is really telling on him. It is not easy to captain a home team in WC and not get through to Semis. The former greats and the rest are all very unhappy with him. The WI crowd can be as ruthless as Indian ones (although less in numbers) and have torn into Lara already. It takes a lot of effort not to buckle down under pressure.

Re: Another legend in tears, this WC has seen it all

Yoda' date=' Lara has scored some runs in this WC. His 70+ against Australia was a fantastic knock. I think the pressure is really telling on him. It is not easy to captain a home team in WC and not get through to Semis. The former greats and the rest are all very unhappy with him. The WI crowd can be as ruthless as Indian ones (although less in numbers) and have torn into Lara already. It takes a lot of effort not to buckle down under pressure.[/quote'] 70 in one game and then choke job in two others. Is that what you expect of an all time great?

Yoda' date=' Lara has scored some runs in this WC. His 70+ against Australia was a fantastic knock. I think the pressure is really telling on him. It is not easy to captain a home team in WC and not get through to Semis. The former greats and the rest are all very unhappy with him. The WI crowd can be as ruthless as Indian ones (although less in numbers) and have torn into Lara already. It takes a lot of effort not to buckle down under pressure.[/quote'] 70 in one game and then choke job in two others. Is that what you expect of an all time great?
Surely not but he is not usually the one that performs when chips are down. Still he is a great bat no doubts about that. He has not been terrible as for batting goes. He may not have scored heck a lot but lest he is not scoring in single digits often.

Surely not but he is not usually the one that performs when chips are down. Still he is a great bat no doubts about that. He has not been terrible as for batting goes. He may not have scored heck a lot but lest he is not scoring in single digits often.
Yea, all that is true. He is a great player, yada yada yada. If you played hard, fought till the end and lost a close one, yes cry all you want. Otherwise, WTF?

Yoda' date=' Lara has scored some runs in this WC. His 70+ against Australia was a fantastic knock. I think the pressure is really telling on him. It is not easy to captain a home team in WC and not get through to Semis. The former greats and the rest are all very unhappy with him. The WI crowd can be as ruthless as Indian ones (although less in numbers) and have torn into Lara already. It takes a lot of effort not to buckle down under pressure.[/quote'] I'm not going to enter this debate...but can't teh same thing be said for tendulkar then?

Yoda' date=' Lara has scored some runs in this WC. His 70+ against Australia was a fantastic knock. I think the pressure is really telling on him. It is not easy to captain a home team in WC and not get through to Semis. The former greats and the rest are all very unhappy with him. The WI crowd can be as ruthless as Indian ones (although less in numbers) and have torn into Lara already. It takes a lot of effort not to buckle down under pressure.[/quote'] I'm not going to enter this debate...but can't teh same thing be said for tendulkar then?
What is that same that can be said for Tendulkar cricajar?