5 finds of the tournament

karteekmvs

The inaugural season had made heroes of the likes of Marsh, Yusuf, Jadeja, Nayar, Dhawan, Dhawal, Sidharth, Gony, Dinda, Pomersbach, Yo Mi, Mishra, Ojha etc. And this season had its share too. 5) Kamran Khan: 6 wickets in 5 outings at an average of 20, strike rate of 17.6 and economy of 7 is seriously amazing for an 18-year old who has not played first class cricket. The backing from the captain would have done him a world of good. It is sad that he has been injured, though. 4) Shadab Jakati: 11 wickets from just 7 games at outstanding average of 13.8 and strike rate of 11.4 and its a shame MSD did not pick him in the team earlier considering the role the spinners have been playing this year. An economy of 7.23 is about par in this tournament and he is a useful lower-order batsman who can hit some big blows. 3) Tirumalasetti Suman: 191 runs at an average of about 24 and a good strike rate of 135. His gentle off-spinners have earned him 5 wickets at an average of 18 and an economy of just under 6.5. Sadly, he was not picked for 4 games. The best part is he has done this quiety and no one would have really realized his performances. 2) Yusuf Abdullah: 14 wickets from just nine games at a strike rate of one every 2 overs and an average of 17 and that after a very disappointing first two games when he went for 39 off his 3 without picking up a wicket. The return of Binga means an automatic ouster but he had done his job for the team. 1) Amit Singh: Again a shame that Warney has included Trivedi ahead of Amit. Economy of 5.4, average of 9.5 and strike rate of 10.5 totalling 8 wickets in just 4 games. Thats simply outstanding. Dirk Nannes misses out in spite of taking 12 owing to his high average compared to Kamran.

Kamran has some serious issues with his action. I don't rate Jakati that highly. I think his effectiveness is accentuated by the fact that opposing batsman have always been under pressure when facing him in T20. I don't see a future for him in Indian colors, especially with Ojha and Bhajji around. Sudeep Tyagi has held up very nicely and has actually made CSK's bowling more formidable. I was looking forward to seeing Umesh Yadav in action, but so far he hasn't played for DD.

Abbe yeh to IPL 2008 ke finds hai mostly. Yeh thread 2009 ke baare mein hain :hysterical::hysterical:
abe Sudeep Tyagi kaunsa IPL 2008 me perform kar raha tha .. it was Gony who was making the headlines then .. Ojha was also not that popular then aur Jadeja, Karthik etc. are finds in South African conditions as they have remained consistent while most others have failed

Kamran has some serious issues with his action. I don't rate Jakati that highly. I think his effectiveness is accentuated by the fact that opposing batsman have always been under pressure when facing him in T20. I don't see a future for him in Indian colors, especially with Ojha and Bhajji around. Sudeep Tyagi has held up very nicely and has actually made CSK's bowling more formidable. I was looking forward to seeing Umesh Yadav in action, but so far he hasn't played for DD.
I think that being a little unfair to Jakati. I agree that the batsmen would have targeted him because Murali is at the other end and Murali's economy of 5.7 as opposed to Jakati's 7.3 could very well suggest that. Also, in almost all the games that Jakati has played, Murali has been less economical. Also, the games he got 4-for, he had huge totals to defend. But 3 clean bowled, 2 stumpings, 1 lbw against sides strong in batting like the Chargers and Daredevils commands an applause. Also, the fact that he had just one average game and one bad game out of the six has less luck and more potential to it. But you are right about the fact that even if he gets another 4-for or gets the purple cap, he cannot make it to the Indian side. I always felt that Tyagi should have been the first choice in spite of Gony's performance last year because he is a tall bowler with nice action and hits the deck hard and gets decent bounce off the pitch. The ball that got AB still ranks in my top clean bowleds of the tournament. Even if Kamran would not play a single first class game he surely would be in my list of the best finds just for the amount of trust Berry and Warne have placed on him and the results he has produced. His attitude really impressed me. He did not show any nerves except for the first ball slip ;)

I think that being a little unfair to Jakati. I agree that the batsmen would have targeted him because Murali is at the other end and Murali's economy of 5.7 as opposed to Jakati's 7.3 could very well suggest that. Also, in almost all the games that Jakati has played, Murali has been less economical. Also, the games he got 4-for, he had huge totals to defend. But 3 clean bowled, 2 stumpings, 1 lbw against sides strong in batting like the Chargers and Daredevils commands an applause. Also, the fact that he had just one average game and one bad game out of the six has less luck and more potential to it. But you are right about the fact that even if he gets another 4-for or gets the purple cap, he cannot make it to the Indian side. I always felt that Tyagi should have been the first choice in spite of Gony's performance last year because he is a tall bowler with nice action and hits the deck hard and gets decent bounce off the pitch. The ball that got AB still ranks in my top clean bowleds of the tournament. Even if Kamran would not play a single first class game he surely would be in my list of the best finds just for the amount of trust Berry and Warne have placed on him and the results he has produced. His attitude really impressed me. He did not show any nerves except for the first ball slip ;)
I am not saying Jakati did not perform well, but I don't think you should term him a 'Find' coz I don't see a future for him in India colors. And with reg. to Kamran, there is no doubt that he either has hyperextension or he chucks. Even looking the 2-D picture on t.v, its obvious that his action is kinky. So until and unless his action is cleared, you cannot term him a 'Find' either.